Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80442 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 13:56:53 »

I don't want to upset anyone but i'm a civil servant and I got a 9% bonus and a 3% payrise paid in my July pay packet.

Good times. Cheesy

I'd make the most of your good times if I were you.  The public sector will see a blood bath during the next few years, who ever wins the General Election.  Massive spending cuts are inevitable.  I hope your comments don't come back to haunt you.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #481 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 13:58:47 »

You are obviously a superior being of the ruling class.
No doubt on a gold plated pension too?
All paid for by the great unwashed mugs

My pension is pretty good, not final salary though which is a bit of a shame. To be fair I got laughed at and ridiculed when I took this job, most saw it as a step back for me and the salary is shiiiiiiite compared with what I would have got a year ago in the private sector. But I was clever and played the long game. He who laughs last and all that.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 14:56:13 »

I'd make the most of your good times if I were you.  The public sector will see a blood bath during the next few years, who ever wins the General Election.  Massive spending cuts are inevitable.  I hope your comments don't come back to haunt you.
Can't argue with that one Ardiles, however the tories cuts will be so much deeper than labour ones, it's their natural way of looking at things.  Labour will have to cut back, but I wouldn't want to be a nurse, dustman or any public servant if the tories get in.  Feel sorry for those that are ill or old as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 17:24:44 »

Can't argue with that one Ardiles, however the tories cuts will be so much deeper than labour ones, it's their natural way of looking at things.  Labour will have to cut back, but I wouldn't want to be a nurse, dustman or any public servant if the tories get in.  Feel sorry for those that are ill or old as well.
Elderly dustmen with diseases are pretty much fucked then, is that what you're saying?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 19:11:21 »

I don't want to upset anyone but i'm a civil servant and I got a 9% bonus and a 3% payrise paid in my July pay packet.

Good times. Cheesy

A-ha, you evidently got the brown nose bonus then. For those who don't know, its only awarded to the biggest suck-ups in the department......well done though, but you're still a cunt......
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 21:06:38 »

Elderly dustmen with diseases are pretty much fucked then, is that what you're saying?
Yes

Young ones as well may not be too happy either!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #486 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:37:03 »

A-ha, you evidently got the brown nose bonus then. For those who don't know, its only awarded to the biggest suck-ups in the department......well done though, but you're still a cunt......

If sucking up means being fucking fantastic at my job, then yes I'm a brown-noser. All this jealously is so ugly. Live and let live kids.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #487 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:44:38 »

People are losing their jobs here. This is serious stuff. I don't think gloating is a very good idea unless you want to be the employment equivalent of SONN. I take it you are young.
Doore

« Reply #488 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:45:49 »

While I don't doubt you are fantastic at your job (and well done to you), I do worry about the fact that in a time that many people are struggling through no fault of their own you would come on this thread and brag about your success in a patronising tone may say something about your personality.  Or, as pumbaa put it, you're a cunt.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:47:27 »

He's not young,he has a beard and everything!

/
W56196272
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:52:11 »

I took John's comments with a pinch of salt in all honesty, even though I am unemployed myself.

Its typical TEF stuff really.

I certainly am not pissed about it, to me its just another form of piss take, and that is why we love this place.

However I do understand if not everyone shares my views

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #491 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:53:19 »

I've had to make people redundant - sleepless nights for weeks befreohand. I've also been made redundant twice. Anyone who thinks they are fireproof is totally deluded. In these times you can take nothing for granted. This is not a topic to take the piss on. We're all Toen fans who need to pay our bills etc. I think jayoohaitchenn has been a silly boy - beard or no beard - all grown up or not all grown up. Unfortunately matey you have made a very bad judgement call and I hope it doesn't come back to bite you on the arse.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #492 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:55:37 »

A 9% bonus of fuck all doesn't amount to much. A 3% payrise after tax equates to less.
Doore

« Reply #493 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 22:58:59 »

My company is "under review" at the mo - funded by the Welsh Assembly Government, but possibly not for much longer.  This probably explains my insomnia and increased late night TEF use. 

Its not a subject to be laughed at.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 23:37:22 »

I can confirm Jayohaitchenn is the number one cunt in swindon, how dare one of us that post on these boards be doing well for themselfs. But as he has chosen to share it with us he can also share it with me on Friday night.... Mines a sambuca fella!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: