Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80440 times)
Sussex

« Reply #285 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 13:13:53 »

Meh. I'm probably just a bit more of a miserable git than normal at the moment.  Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #286 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 13:26:04 »

Kill some students in Chester. That'll make you feel better mate x
dell boy

« Reply #287 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 19:24:48 »

Sussex/Birdy good luck, depression/stress is a illness those who have never experienced would never really understand. Great support posts from some TEFers, and what has been said is spot on.
You have age on your side, being there and supporting each other and of course loving each other will get you through most problems in this world, believe me.

I have great concerns for my children in the present climate, I can no longer help them financially, I've never nether known the prospects of this country as bad, in my opinion this recession is much worse than the early 90s.
I've lost most of my wealth, and in the past 10 years I honestly believed what I had would see me through the rest of my life and the financial support needed for my children.
On the upside I have my family in good health and really what more can you ask for.
Personally I left it too long to go out and earn believing the good times would be here for me, but now I must also go out and earn a living to keep things thicking over.

If you have good friends and family togetherness you will surive this recession even though there will be many downs. Sorry about the soppy post.
Good luck to all 2009.

« Last Edit: Friday, January 30, 2009, 19:27:28 by dell boy » Logged
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 19:26:23 »

Dell whens your daughter on telly?

/
W56196272
dell boy

« Reply #289 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 19:27:59 »

Dell whens your daughter on telly?
Now that is another story, she has dropped out because of commitments in Greece.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 19:39:07 »

Sussex/Birdy good luck, depression/stress is a illness those who have never experienced would never really understand. Great support posts from some TEFers, and what has been said is spot on.
You have age on your side, being there and supporting each other and of course loving each other will get you through most problems in this world, believe me.

I have great concerns for my children in the present climate, I can no longer help them financially, I've never nether known the prospects of this country as bad, in my opinion this recession is much worse than the early 90s.
I've lost most of my wealth, and in the past 10 years I honestly believed what I had would see me through the rest of my life and the financial support needed for my children.
On the upside I have my family in good health and really what more can you ask for.
Personally I left it too long to go out and earn believing the good times would be here for me, but now I must also go out and earn a living to keep things thicking over.

If you have good friends and family togetherness you will surive this recession even though there will be many downs. Sorry about the soppy post.
Good luck to all 2009.

Nice post Dell...we all love football but at times in our lives it comes a distant second,depresion is a hard nut to crack..it goes without saying i hope you two TEFERS are smiling soon.
nochee

« Reply #291 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 20:25:43 »

Totally agree with you on that one Yeovil.  Couldn't believe the news that Thames Water are having difficulties and chopping 300+ jobs, guess we all still use the water or have we all cut back on it!!  According to a neighbour who works there the ones who are staying are being forced into different working patterns just to keep their jobs, with the threat of a transfer to India for the call centre an option.

Yep. My Mum works there and gets loads of overtime which really helps her out as she is paying for her house on her own. OT cuts would really make her struggle, it shouldnt do but she kinda relys on the OT.
Thames put it to the staff that they would change their working hours to a 7 day working pattern (cuts down on expensive OT payouts) and as an incentive to take it they would pay £1000. It was a 1 off payment and no extra monthly pay/shift allowance. The unions took action and declined the offer saying it was no good.  As Ronnie said, they are now forcing them with to work the new shifts with the threat of redundancy if its declined again..  ITS VERY WRONG. Its a bullying technique to get there own way and forcing people to change working contracts.
nochee

« Reply #292 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 20:43:26 »

Meh. I'm probably just a bit more of a miserable git than normal at the moment.  Smiley

I dont know who you guys are but after reading thru the thread you have some good mates.

Ive been welling up thru the get well posts, its been like one of those brave children programmes we have at christmas.

Then the guy everyone is talking about posts this.   BRILLIANT.

Depression is  tough thing but there is always an end (if you want there to be) afterwards you will look back, learn some lessons and become stronger than before.  My opinion anyway.

Good luck to everyone, inc Sussex and Birdy Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 22:29:56 »

I have to admit I struggle to know when to take this place serious or not, so this Sussex situation is slightly strange to me. 

This forum to me isn't real in a way, I mean DMR ain't really a cunt, I've met him he's alright.  Ironside doesn't really exist that's just someone else having a laugh.  Even Oxford Fan's just some random bloke pretending to be from the other side.  Mex hasn't really shagged a thousand birds and Yeovil's not a fucking air thingymagjiggy.

I'm starting to lose the plot.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 22:34:23 »

....DMR is clearly a cunt though!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 01:02:14 »

Im not a what?

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 01:12:49 »

Tonight was Honda night in OT...weeeird or what, loads of blokes with bags under their eyes behaving strangely.

I got talking to a semi decent bird with a job dealing with delinquent kids....she was well pissed up, but only out cos husband had just cashed in on redundancy...I'm steering well clear of that shit.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 01:23:46 »

Tonight was Honda night in OT...weeeird or what, loads of blokes with bags under their eyes behaving strangely.

Heh, Id have fitted in well.

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 03:46:45 »

I have to admit I struggle to know when to take this place serious or not, so this Sussex situation is slightly strange to me. 

This forum to me isn't real in a way, I mean DMR ain't really a cunt, I've met him he's alright.  Ironside doesn't really exist that's just someone else having a laugh.  Even Oxford Fan's just some random bloke pretending to be from the other side.  Mex hasn't really shagged a thousand birds and Yeovil's not a fucking air thingymagjiggy.

I'm starting to lose the plot.

Thats one of the best posts ive ever read on here, i am however slightly drunk thanks to jenny a primary school teacher from croydon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 11:29:19 »

Thats one of the best posts ive ever read on here, i am however slightly drunk thanks to jenny a primary school teacher from croydon.

I've always found primary school teachers to be a bit on the less than forthcoming side when it comes to putting it about...I've never been sure as to why...

Whereas, Secondary school teachers have always been a seam of supply worth mining..
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: