Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80519 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:48:02 »

Isnt world of war craft for geeks? Wink
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:49:03 »

Yes, yes it is Hando

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:50:49 »

Has Chubbs gone into WoW rehab yet?
red socks

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:53:31 »

Chill out. Yeah I mean it's silly to worry how you will pay the mortgage, feed your kids and find a new job in the current climate  Roll Eyes

Probably a bit easier if you are guaranteed a fat redundancy payoff though.

When I studied employment law I am pretty sure that that stautory position for any employee being made redundant is one weeks pay for each full year of service - there is nothing in law that obliges the employer to pay any more than that - no room for complacency in these times
land_of_bo

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:56:08 »

When I studied employment law I am pretty sure that that stautory position for any employee being made redundant is one weeks pay for each full year of service - there is nothing in law that obliges the employer to pay any more than that - no room for complacency in these times

Correctamundo. And if you're a high earner they don't even have to give you a full weeks wage, I think they can go as low as £325 per week.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:56:45 »

Isnt world of war craft for geeks? Wink

I can't get past level 1. So am really crap.

Guess I'll just have to find something else to play/do.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:01:33 »

Stop scare mongering, no one is safe, pfft!

Jesus what is it with people these days, long gone are the days of the stiff upper lip British spirit, looks like we've turned into a bunch of cowards.  We shall fight on the high streets, we shall fight on-line, we may even fight in the job centres, we shall never surrender.

We'll get through all of this, chill the flip out!

It's not scaremongering, and I am quite chilled despite working aforementioned industry.

Redundancies are happening, on quite a big scale and most likely a scale not seen in most of our lifetimes, i.e the 30's.

That's an almost certainty which in itself in not scaremongering.  I do feel sorry for those that will lose their jobs, and quite frankly struggle to get new ones, and even those that do will not find the same money.

On the other hand, I'm fully in favour of a positive attitude and this week booked a holiday, went to Claridges for dinner, went to Fratellos and purchased a Mama's and Papa's Buggy for my soon to be born in an attempt to keep on spending thanks to interest rate cuts.  I've had my share of bad times, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:02:25 »

Yes, yes it is Hando

Im thinking Peep Show when he goes on that day out thing thing with Dobby and they are dressed up! tee hee!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:03:21 »

errrrrrrrrrrrr Rob you seemed to have forgotten to tell me you and your lovely wife are having a baby?Huh?Huh???
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:05:27 »

I think everyone but you knew that JFW.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:07:52 »

OMG! really???
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:09:42 »

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a recession. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The pound buys a penny's worth, banks are going bust and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while the local news tells us that today we had fifteen murders and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:19:01 »

Are you in charge of purchasing???   Fish??

nope someone else is. I just control the orders the pubs place for food and beer etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:22:27 »

Yes I know, and that is after a minimum of 2 years service too and is age related rishing to 1.5 weeks for years over a certain age.  And yes it is capped.

I was referring to Jan's personal contractual circumstances, though I probably shouldn't but he has mentioned it on here. I would imagine there are ways to change a contract mind.
flammableBen

« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:23:51 »

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a recession. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The pound buys a penny's worth, banks are going bust and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while the local news tells us that today we had fifteen murders and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy.

So we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your MP because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: