Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 24989 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 18:52:27 »

I do care, I've kept my Trust membership as I believe in the overall goals... but they're just not being met at the minute. There needs to be daylight between the Club's owners and the Trust, I understand why that didn't happen with Clem but feel this should be a learning moment. If I thought I had something concrete to offer the Trust other than barely contained ginger rage or driving big things around, I would be happy to.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 18:55:42 »

I submitted my application to stand for the board today. Vote Bennett

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 18:59:21 »

good luck Bennett
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 19:01:57 »

''Gordon Bennett, We've Got Bennett's Back''  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 19:07:59 »

BENNETT IS OUR LEADER!
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 19:18:36 »

Good luck to you.
I don't know what's going on at the club and I don't think I want to know the truth, nor what your agenda is but if it will ruffle feathers and fire a shot across the bow of the board good on you.
Something needs to change, go for it 
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 19:21:14 »

In my opinion, this AGM is by far the most important AGM in the Trust’s history. The Trust has grown and established itself ovr the last 5 years but the baton is being handed over.

With that, it has the potential to wipe the slate clean with a new leadership team, which in turn creates a new culture, ethos and opportunity to grow again.

As a membership organisation that’s sole purpose is to represent the voice of the fans, it’s meaningless if fans do not lean in to help shape it’s direction of travel from chipping in with their thoughts to being part of the driven force of change.

The deadline for applications is the end of the month and time is running out. So if there is anyone who is considering standing or has any questions about it, please drop me a DM or hit me up on Twitter, @scuba_thomas.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 19:34:20 »

I submitted my application to stand for the board today. Vote Bennett

How does one cast a vote?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
swindontown2024

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:06:52 »

In my opinion, this AGM is by far the most important AGM in the Trust’s history. The Trust has grown and established itself ovr the last 5 years but the baton is being handed over.

With that, it has the potential to wipe the slate clean with a new leadership team, which in turn creates a new culture, ethos and opportunity to grow again.

As a membership organisation that’s sole purpose is to represent the voice of the fans, it’s meaningless if fans do not lean in to help shape it’s direction of travel from chipping in with their thoughts to being part of the driven force of change.

The deadline for applications is the end of the month and time is running out. So if there is anyone who is considering standing or has any questions about it, please drop me a DM or hit me up on Twitter, @scuba_thomas.

As referenced on another post earlier how come your promoting the trust when you negatively liked a batch of anti trust tweets?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:13:22 »

As referenced on another post earlier how come your promoting the trust when you negatively liked a batch of anti trust tweets?

A person does not need to endorse every action of the Trust to think that having a Trust is important, it's what's kept a lot of us in. I think many of us will be interested to read the existing board members' elections statements to explain their views on recent events and the Trust's role in them. People can then make their own mind up about whether that's a good enough argument.

This would be rather like saying you shouldn't stand for parliament if you've criticised the government.

As for how to cast a vote, there needs to be at least seven candidates nominated before there is a competitive election process - that's seven plus the three who wish to restand. If there are enough candidates I believe voting will be online for trust members rather than in person, but if it is in person there is a proxy nomination process.

I certainly hope there are enough candidates to make it a competitive election, ideally representing a number of different viewpoints on what the Trust should be doing in the future.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:16:48 by Nemo » Logged
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:22:03 »

As already previously mentioned, the AGM is a huge opportunity for the damaging sentiment in those tweets to be reversed with a new direction and leadership in place.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:26:07 »

Part of the old regime then are we Mr 2024?
swindontown2024

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:43:39 »

No not at all i have seen people say I am so and so of the trust but its not the case. My mate is an ex board member from over a year ago and still stays in touch with the current board, he was telling me about the trust and their current challenges. I asked him about the trust as i am thinking of becoming a member myself and joining but as per my original question why would i become a member when people on the board have effectively slated the organisation they are part of already, it makes no sense to me and makes me not want to join as a member. Its as simple as that and why i asked. I dont understand your reason given drummer becuase if i worked for a company and i slated them in public even if i didnt agree with things they did i would still not do that in public. Its my view and others may not agree and thats fine, but with the 2 people i have referenced still being on the board i wont be looking to join.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 20:50:01 »

Politicking and mudslinging ahead of an AGM? Gosh some cages really have been rattled haven't they.

Good luck to those looking to make a positive change.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 21:03:06 »

No not at all i have seen people say I am so and so of the trust but its not the case. My mate is an ex board member from over a year ago and still stays in touch with the current board, he was telling me about the trust and their current challenges. I asked him about the trust as i am thinking of becoming a member myself and joining but as per my original question why would i become a member when people on the board have effectively slated the organisation they are part of already, it makes no sense to me and makes me not want to join as a member. Its as simple as that and why i asked. I dont understand your reason given drummer becuase if i worked for a company and i slated them in public even if i didnt agree with things they did i would still not do that in public. Its my view and others may not agree and thats fine, but with the 2 people i have referenced still being on the board i wont be looking to join.

Put in an application and reveal your identity, don’t put in an application and throw grenade ” anonymously”. The choice is yours but my mantra towards the Trust is that the Trust is bigger than me and everyone else who sits on that board and it would be wise for anyone standing for election to remember that IMO.

The job of a board member is to represent the voice of the fans at the board. However,  for the record, I’ve not said anything publicly, the words stating the Trust that you are referencing that I have supposedly said were of many different authors to the tweets.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: