Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 34590 times)
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:28:42 »

I am going to stand outside the club shop on Monday with a concerned look on my face.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:31:57 »

Based on most of the replies our fans probably get what they deserve
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:32:14 »

Back of the Arkells is where it's at, right next to the media and behind the directors area  Smiley
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:34:46 »

Based on most of the replies our fans probably get what they deserve

What are you suggesting we should do ?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:46:09 »

What are you suggesting we should do ?

I'm of the opinion it's getting to the stage where something has to be done.

What, would depend on how many others want to get involved. I'm just staggered that he is getting away with it, posing with fans in smiling photos at recent club events.

Power would have been lynched. I created this to read the room and gauage opinion on why people would be going easy on clem compared to previous owners
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:54:25 »

We are approaching the lowest of the lows.

What's everyone's thresholds for getting involved? It seems like most vocally pissed off fans just don't turn up when it turns to shit leaving the accepting quiet fans to watch the game.

Why haven't the fans turned on Clem/Flynn or the players yet? In normal years one of the 3 would be being hounded right now?

Is it because it has happened too many times before and its tiring and defeated.

Clem sold me the dream and he's sunk us lower than Power.

I've been ready but everyone around me seems to be so apathetic it just doesn't even seem viable. We've lost our bite as a fan base but a lot of that might be a sign of the times as some have alluded to.

I wanted people to kick off Boxing Day, thought it was a good opportunity.

A serious organised protest in the ground is the only way I'm stepping foot in that ground until a sale.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 18:55:15 »

I'm of the opinion it's getting to the stage where something has to be done.

What, would depend on how many others want to get involved. I'm just staggered that he is getting away with it, posing with fans in smiling photos at recent club events.

Power would have been lynched. I created this to read the room and gauage opinion on why people would be going easy on clem compared to previous owners

You are gauaging the opinion of the wrong room - pitching this to a predominamtly older demographic of fan that has seen it all before will not get you the feedback that you need.  Traditionally the younger demographic are the fanbase that start the movement and then the older ones join in.  However the younger generation these days are not ones for protesting unless it is saving the planet by glueing themselves to a road or throwing orange powder in the air.

Like DV says, they would rather type their rage on SM - times have changed for the worse unfortunatley.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:01:08 »

FWIW, I’m up for a bit of a protest. Can we get the old coffin back?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:02:33 »

Our fans in attendance mostly lack passion, hence the watch game in silence lot. Against FGR we were making noise at the back of the Arkells at a crucial point in the game, there were a thousand or two in front and to the sides who just sat there like they were at the cinema  Doh
We'll be dropping into non league and they'll be doing the same, whilst probably muttering "at least Clem saved our club".

They'll be the first to pipe up if there are Clem out chants. Someone on the facebook group saying got told they're not a real fan for booing today. Absolute fucking simpletons.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:03:33 »

I’m up for it. The future of the club depends on it. But my concern is that the Trust coordinated previous protests, and they went all in on Morfuni, and left the fans with no chips to play.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:03:59 »

Rapidly losing interest in it all to be fair. Only still going because of the season ticket. It won’t be renewed whilst these crooks that run the club lead a comfy lifestyle off our hard earned money. If Morfuni can’t fund the club then he should sell it to people that can.

The club can fund itself when our fans turn out.

It just can't fund Hollie Kileys wardrobe and handbag collection, Adam Harts cocaine imports and Zav Austins laundry bill and still work well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:05:15 »

It really wouldn’t take much for the fans that wanted to get together and protest to organise that.
Even if they just said let’s all sit in a certain place, and got 100 or so together, it wouldn’t go unnoticed.

The once popular top corner of the don rogers stand near stratton bank has been the most sparse area of the ground even at the best of times.....but tbf its probably all sparse now. Left side of Town End also. Town End probably a better bet.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:05:33 »

I would get involved. My main concern would be for the safety of anyone orchestrating any kind of movement. I don’t think it can be ignored just how unsavoury some of the characters involved are and what lengths they might resort to to protect their cash cow.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:06:05 »

Back of the Arkells is where it's at, right next to the media and behind the directors area  Smiley

Actually I stand corrected, that is it, isn't it!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 19:07:02 »

I personally would say Arkells too.
Even if it was 50 of you, it would make your feelings known.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: