Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town v Swindon Town pre match chat & match day thread  (Read 24112 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 15:53:31 »

Only worry is we still handed out decent chances to them with 10 men. We look feeble at the back, but outweighed today anyway by being scintillating going forward.

If that works against one of the league’s better teams we should stick with it.

We're missing three of our first choice defence and playing super high full backs, if we didn't look a bit dodgy at the back it'd be a miracle.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:11:59 »

Scot Lindsey you beauty Clap Clap
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:17:58 »

A few Mansfield fans comments on their forum.

Great game to watch this, both teams playing some decent stuff but Swindon been the better side. We’re trying to go man for man but Swindon have the more mobile side and it’s causing us problems, particularly in wide areas. Added edge of the crowd being firmly on the referees back.

We are miles off Swindon and it’s nothing to do with 10 men .

It's a great game. Swindon perhaps created the better of the chances. A few errors but Swindon are a good side.

Swindon are a good team and have played us off the park. We are lightweight and have a leaky defence and that is the difference between the two teams. They will get promoted, we won’t.

Ref's got a tenner on a Robins win.

We’ve made Swindon look like world beaters!!!

Well, it's been a while since I went home embarrassed

That game needs investigating for match fixing

Battered today. Swindon looked a good side.

Hutton for Swindon a very good player.

Way too much made in commentary about going down to 10 men . We weren’t getting anything from that with 11 . Just like Wembley , quick agile team runs through our pedestrian defence .

Boateng was stupid and deserved his red and Swindon were miles better than us, man for man and tactically. 5-2 was a very fair reflection of the game.

No issues with losing today against a Swindon side that from the 2nd minute to last were better than us....

It comes to something when you lose 5-2 and your keeper and centre half would be a decent shout for man of the match.

Everyone moaning about the officials as usual. Happens regular as clockwork everytime we're poor. Today we were well beaten by a much better side on the day. Our defending was poor there attacking was clever, we were soundly beaten. The ref bashing is sooo dull. To hear a few round me today you'd think it was supposed to be a non contact sport. Sure, they played up, rolled around etc, they aren't the first and won't be the last.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:20:03 »

Most are gracious in defeat and acknowledge that they were well beaten by a better team.

So, give no fucks
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:26:12 »

That’s far more like the performance I’ve been expecting this squad to be capable of. That was a very enjoyable game from the start.

Yes we looked a bit leaky at times but if that means creating far more chances than we have been, I’ll be taking that every time, especially against one of the leagues better sides. After Bradford, I was hoping we’d be trying a midfield diamond with 2 up top. sure enough, getting Jephcott and Williams on the ball far more than they have been so far this season was a huge improvement.

Good thing is we have plenty of players that should be able to play in those positions when we need to change it up or provide cover.
I’ve not often felt particularly satisfied after our wins this season so far. Different story tonight though.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:32:09 »

Well someone was due a hammering and Cloughy got both barrels. 👍👍👍👍
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:33:20 »

What a win. What a week. Feel like we have now arrived this season.

Swindon Town are going up again.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:34:10 »

Should we now admit that Scotty might just know what he’s doing?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:40:35 »

jephcott could have had 2 more too. Off the bar and into side netting.

Not a moan, just saying we were creative!
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:50:08 »

Just watching our goals and chances back on Twitter again makes me excited to see Jephcott and Wakeling as a forward pairing again. They played off each other superbly today. We have such an asset on our hands in Wakeling. Even when he’s not getting in on the goals he’s making things happen for other players.

Although if anyone else asks around January, he’s shite.

Shame Hutton didn’t get his goal and Gladwin the assist. What a beauty that would have been, and fully deserved for both.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:56:14 »

Jonny Williams - L2’s leading midfield scorer.

Let’s hope Wales exit the WC quickly.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 16:57:47 »

The 4-4-2 diamond today felt like it did when we found 4-3-3 last season, and it clicked. Now time for a cup run, and back to back Saturdays at home. COYR

Also, I haven’t picked apart their goals yet, but in general play, Brennan fitted in well I thought. Another real plus. At Gillingham away, we lined up with Lavinier, McDonald, Clayton and FBT at the back. Today, once Clayton had gone, an entirely new back 4. The squad depth is genuine. That’s without playing Harries or Devine. Get McDonald back, RHM (who would be a huge plus)…. what a good week.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 17:16:47 by Frigby Daser » Logged
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 17:02:52 »

Jonny Williams - L2’s leading midfield scorer.

Let’s hope Wales exit the WC quickly.

Is Hoskins a forward? In any case, I agree, can’t fluke getting in the right position time after time. He will be missed.

How much compensation do we get for his absence? I feel like someone mentioned it previously.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 17:03:19 »

Most of today's attendances

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021001029

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 17:13:32 »

Moneyball 🤔
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Up