Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last night  (Read 1976 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 05:06:45 »

I had by far the most terryfing experience I have known.

My wife, my 3 yr old daughter and I where just chilling at home, when my misses start freaking out. I looked at my daughter and her eyes where rolled back into her head, she was in convulsions and was going blue. With no real ambulance service as such out here, we jumped in the car to head for the nearest hospital which is fortunately not far from us.

In the A&E room, they brought her back to consciousness after 10 minutes or so and she is now stable. The 'Fit' was caused by a very high fever (Which same out of the blue), and despite all the blood tests they are at a loss as to what has caused the fever which she still has, only less severe (38 the last time they checked).

My little girl has to stay in hospital obviously, but she is in high spirits (Naughty), and we hope that the doctors can get to the bottom of it soon.

I have seen some scary shit in my time, including being trapped under water when the tsunami hit. But genuinely fearing the worst for my little girls life is a fear on a whole different plane.

We are optimistic now though of getting her well and back home soon.
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 05:34:16 »

Jesus, that's scary shit. Best wishes
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 06:33:35 »

good luck fella. lets us know what happens.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 07:58:59 »

Convulsions look a lot worse than they really are. Know how you feel as I went through the same thing with number 2 son.

Your daughter will grow out of it, but you need to keep an eye on her if she picks up a virus as it will probably happen again. Its just where the brain 'reboots' when it overheats.

What we did for our son was to make sure that he was comfortable on the floor away from any thing that could hurt him and ran a warm (not hot nor cold) bath. That way he cooled down gently.

Don't worry though as they grow out of it in about a year.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 08:30:01 »

My heart goes out to you fella

I have experience of convulsions and if you need to chat you know where I am.
Lumps

« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 08:37:47 »

Like Fred, my experience is of having the things rather than witnessing them.

I can only echo what NMH has told you, it's probably a lot more traumatic for you and the Mrs than it is for your little'un.

In my experience I have a couple of seconds of thinking, oh my heads feeling a bit wappy and then I'm gone.... only to come around what to me seems a few seconds later to think "what the fuck are that lot looking at, why am I lying on the floor and where did that ambulance come from?"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 09:25:13 »

Bloody hell man, glad the little one's feeling better!!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:25:43 »

Thanks for your words of support guys.

Just got back from the hospital, and it turns out that she had a nose infection (The weather has changed out here recently). The infection has been treated, and the fever went almost immediately. She has to stay in hospital tonight just to be sure that the infection clears up completely, but we are certain that she will be back at home tomorrow, running around testing my patience as though nothing ever happened.

That was an experience so terryfing it was surreal. But all is well now, that's the main thing of course.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:29:26 »

Thanks for your words of support guys.

Just got back from the hospital, and it turns out that she had a nose infection (The weather has changed out here recently). The infection has been treated, and the fever went almost immediately. She has to stay in hospital tonight just to be sure that the infection clears up completely, but we are certain that she will be back at home tomorrow, running around testing my patience as though nothing ever happened.

That was an experience so terryfing it was surreal. But all is well now, that's the main thing of course.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:34:50 »

On the bright side, just you and the Mrs tonight?

:shag:
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:41:20 »

Sorry to sound completely ignorant here but what are convulsions??

Really sorry to hear that, but glad she's OK. I get worried when my niece traps her finger in a door so that really must have been horrible for you Sad As has been said, let us know how she gets on.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 12:19:03 »

Blimey mate, taht must have been the worst thing ever, hope she continues to be stable and makes  afull recovery

red macca

« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 12:35:50 »

Hope everything is ok now .

My worst fears are anything to do with my daughter, she started playschool last week and i was worried shitless so fuck knows what you were feeling.
red macca

« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 12:36:37 »

Hope everything is ok now .

My worst fears are anything to do with my daughter, she started playschool last week and i was worried shitless so fuck knows what you were feeling.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 12:40:30 »

Hope everything is aye ok BR.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: