Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What player/s are you most excited about?  (Read 7434 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:11:40 »

I was wondering this the other day. We've made some signings that seem really good. We have a manager that wants them to play and to fight for everything as a unit. We also have players from last season that could tear League 2 a new one.

I'm personally quite excited about most of them, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Kerrouche, I think he could be a real dark horse. I'm also looking forward to watching Risser and think watching Richie, Caddis and Ferry in League 2 will be a joy.

Who are you looking forward to watching this season?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:21:33 »

Risser aka the terminator.

Connell too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:22:33 »

If I'm honest....none of them.  We're in Div 4....I don't expect sexy football....
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:22:48 »

I won't be looking forward to seeing any if I don't get through to the ticket office!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:26:00 »

Ferry (if still with us)
Esajas (if fit)
Risser
Connell

Could be a completely different list in a few weeks, mind.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:29:36 »

From what I saw on monday, devita and esejas.  Also that italian centre defender could be amusing purely because of the way he marshalls the defence in a slightly silly voice.

And finally Paolo.  Not a player I know but the exagerrated gesturing on the sidelines was very very funny.

Never knowingly overstated.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:30:12 »

I think our Midfield will be entertaining to watch with the amount of class we have in it. Esajas and Ritchie on the wings is mouthwatering and having an enforcer in the middle like Risser and big engines like Ferry and Smith have the perfect ingredients for one of the best, if not the best midfield in the league.
Kerrouche also seems a touch of class and has no issues adapting as he has scored everywhere he has been
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:31:32 »

If I'm honest....none of them.  We're in Div 4....I don't expect sexy football....

you've turned into a right miserable cunt lately

Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:31:41 »

If I'm honest....none of them.  We're in Div 4....I don't expect sexy football....

But surely, expecting sexy football or not (which is not something I mentioned) you look forward to watching someone play?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:31:48 »

I just feel these players all start with a blank sheet.....it's up to them to prove they're worthy of creating some excitement for us fans....
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:37:07 »

I won't be looking forward to seeing any if I don't get through to the ticket office!!

rant over I got tickets.

Haven;t seen any play as of yet, just been reading reports and what you lot have been feeding back from the other pre seasons.

Risser sounds like a beast, as does his brother.
Ritchie should have the season of his life.
Interesting to see which combination PDC goes for up front and also how the defence copes with a standard above in Reading.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:37:55 »

I think Paolo knows that promotion is only half of the objective this season.  It's when he finally manages to get a smile from Reg...that's when he'll really know he's on track.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:44:30 »

Risser is the one that interests me for the forthcoming season however i said the same about  Prutton for last season
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:46:38 »

Despite Reg sounding like a grumpy old man, I think it is important that we have someone on here who is grounded and dare I say realistic about this season.

Everyone is excited about these new players and we have managed to beat the Pig and Whistle 24-0 on aggregate but its a whole new team which has been assembled from all corners of Europe and beyond. What if it doesn't work? I think its important not to get carried away.

However, to add to that, I am excited about the new season and hopeful that these players show their class in this league. We shall see.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 10:48:04 »

Kerrouche as he looked class in the friendlies.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: