Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277850 times)
DMC

« Reply #3600 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:48:33 »

Garner, but neither of the other two had been a manager before.

TBF, Garner was the most successful of the three
No but still making the next step in their career i suppose. Whoever we appoint the same old people will be underwhelmed despite being more than happy with Morris. Just as with every single appoitment we just have to wait and see i suppose
DMC

« Reply #3601 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:50:33 »

Lindsey and Morris had never managed before and Garner well… so not really anything like them no as Garrard has been a manager for 8 years. It’s not pretty football but it would be nice to see a team look like they know how to defend on a rare occasion.
Ok so by that logic the same you have used with Artel, why has no one touched him in 8 years? Lindsey i agree with but lets be fair we thought Morris was the right choice and Garner wasn't the failure many predicted so let's see. We have all wanted someone who has experience of this league and someone who isn't a yes man, it's a start
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3602 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:57:12 »

No but still making the next step in their career i suppose. Whoever we appoint the same old people will be underwhelmed despite being more than happy with Morris. Just as with every single appoitment we just have to wait and see i suppose

Absolutely, I remember some being not impressed with Ossie as he was not thought to be manager material, and was replacing Macari.

There were also doubters of Wellens, as he had been at Oldham & not very successful.

TBF, we have had good managers that have been elsewhere before and done OK (ie Sturrock), we've had them that have been successful elsewhere and not been good (Brown).

We've had first time managers that have been good (Macari) and those that haven't (Lindsey & Morris).

The point is that there's no Guaranteed answer, it will always be a case of wait & see. The problem is that we (the fans) don't appear to want to be patient
DMC

« Reply #3603 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:59:22 »

Spot on as well that is Posh, it does seem the last few years our fan base has been very reluctant to get behind a name they don't want and have been sat waiting for things to go wrong at times
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3604 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:03:15 »

Think we at a stage now where we need a stable/safe appointment to be honest. Sad that’s the line/thought process you have as a Swindon fan in League 2 but it’s where we are. Don’t blame those in charge for making such appointment either - been stung bad with the Morris one (yes loads of other factors in this one) so a manager with abit of experience, who hasn’t been a. compete failure, is acceptable enough imo. Super Mike Flynn here we go
DMC

« Reply #3605 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:05:47 »

Agree Mango. Whoever it is after this seasons shit show is a risk now. I quite like we are looking at a manager who has had some success at a smaller club but now needing to prove a point
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3606 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:22:13 »

We just paid Compo to Chelsea for Brand and paid their contracts up. I dont think paying boreham wood is an issue.

Did we? They wanted a secondment and seemed to just do whatever they could to get around that. Can't imagine we paid Chelsea anything when they were going to lend him to us.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3607 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:33:07 »

Absolutely, I remember some being not impressed with Ossie as he was not thought to be manager material, and was replacing Macari.

There were also doubters of Wellens, as he had been at Oldham & not very successful.

TBF, we have had good managers that have been elsewhere before and done OK (ie Sturrock), we've had them that have been successful elsewhere and not been good (Brown).

We've had first time managers that have been good (Macari) and those that haven't (Lindsey & Morris).

The point is that there's no Guaranteed answer, it will always be a case of wait & see. The problem is that we (the fans) don't appear to want to be patient

Absolutely correct about not being able to predict it.

I'd like to be able to get behind whoever is appointed even if I'm underwhelmed by it and give them a real chance. Flynn doesn't excite me at all, but if its him then so be it.

To do that unlike this time last season, we need to A. Not take a fucking eternity to appoint someone and turn the whole thing in to a total farce and B. Not have said manager give giant red flag vibes that he didn't have the first fucking clue what he was doing, with constant verbal diarrhea waffling about playing fatigue and other total shite.

Sadly Lindsey was dead to rights from the off and it left a sour taste in peoples mouths. Even if its underwhelming, if they can make a timely appointment who seems semi capable then I'll take it.

My expectations are so low now they'd have to appoint Karl Robinson or something equally idiotic to not meet them.
DMC

« Reply #3608 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:33:52 »

Did we? They wanted a secondment and seemed to just do whatever they could to get around that. Can't imagine we paid Chelsea anything when they were going to lend him to us.
We didn't want the secondment though so had to pay for him and now have just paid them both off, i would imagine Garrards contract to buy out really wouldn't be that much
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3609 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:35:20 »

We didn't want the secondment though so had to pay for him and now have just paid them both off, i would imagine Garrards contract to buy out really wouldn't be that much

I'd hope not. But I can't see us going for him anyway, sadly.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3610 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:37:50 »

On the plus side he's Welsh so may persuade Williams to stay!

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3611 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:41:07 »

👍

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3612 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 17:04:20 »

I’m hearing Michael Flynn

Will be confirmed soon
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3613 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 17:24:27 »

Will be confirmed soon

You're nearly always on point Clap

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3614 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 17:34:57 »

No chance unless the wage structure changes.
He will move for a better offer.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: