Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First Test against the Windies  (Read 7932 times)
cib

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:23:16 »

First Test starts tomorrow at Sabina Park. Think we'll win the series (just), but think the opener will end up being drawn.

Also some decisions to be made regarding the side as well. Do they pick Shah or Bell? If they pick Shah would they put him at 4/5 with KP, or just slot him in at 3? They've also got to pick which 3 out of Anderson, Harmison, Broad and Sidebottom they want to pick, alongside Monty (or personally Swann).

I'd go with:

Strauss, Cook, KP, Shah, Collingwood, Prior, Flintoff, Swann, Broad, Sidebottom, Anderson.
dell boy

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:54:08 »

With Harmisons record at Sabina Park, I would definitely include him.
Harmison, Broad and Sidebottom on the pace front. Unfair to leave Bell out for me, class will always tell in the end.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:54:30 »

i'd think we will win the series. going to be wierd listening to TMS tomorrow without the bearded wonder. I will go with Bell at 3, Shah has not really taking his chance in the warm up match just gone. Also i will go with Harmison ahead of sidebottom. Harmy has very good memories off Sabina park with his 7-12 back in 2004 where the Windes were bowled out for 47.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:55:02 »

Well Harmy got one of England's best ever bowling analyses last time we played at Sabina Park...and was just about the only bowler to come out of the warm up match with any credit, so he's bound to start.

The selectors just don't seem to rate Shah, and so much has been invested in Bell, he'll probably get another series. I'd pick Rashid, on the basis that Windies are a bit shit at the moment....and we need to find out about his temperament.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 20:02:44 »

In better news, I believe with the timezone the Windies game will be on between 2pm and around 8pm. That's much more civilised than the Indian series.

If Shah doesn't play there is no justice in the world, but it wouldn't suprise me at all.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 22:51:05 »

Harmison is a funny one, I think he can be a good bowler but whether we'll see that again I don't know, I hope so. Maybe the media has convinced me we won't as they are always waiting for him to slip up.

If he does play I hope having Chanderpaul in his Durham side last year will have given him a decent look of how to get rid the fella
dell boy

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 15:26:32 »

Three edges from Straus in 19 balls, bye bye, it had to come.
dell boy

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 15:48:55 »

England 31-2 (Cook out)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 16:02:52 »

40-2 at drinks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 17:35:17 »

Bell gone before I get home, bloody wonderful.

Reckon Shah's hung himself yet?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 18:25:31 »

Collingwood's gone...

Or has he? He's referring?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:37:12 »

I'm going to try and track down a stream on Justin for this later,i love a bit of cricket watching when its freezing cold outside.It doesn't feel right at all  Smiley

West Indies have played well.KP has saved us again.Could be an interesting series this one if the West Indies bowlers keep it up.

On a County note Middlesex were in the Sun on Monday because they have changed their nickname from the Crusaders to the Panthers.Suffice to say the Sun weren't happy at the reasons behind the change.It had upset Muslims or something.I like panthers more anyhow,means we can the pink panther theme tune at 20/20 and odi games  Cool

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:47:20 »

Never mind Bell, drop Colly from the side - Shah's not a number 3 in Tests anyway, he needs to bat at 5 or 6.

Everyone slagging Pieterson's shot off again, Collys slog was worse that got him out. Still think we'll win but poor start.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:12:02 »

Oh bleeding hell, what a start to the new day.

And I wish people would stop criticizing Pietersen. Yes, it was a stupid shot, but he scored more runs than the rest of the top 6 but together. Bell and Collingwood are awful, and as much as I love him, when was the last time Ally Cook got a sizeable score?
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:36:50 »

Cook's been found out big time, just don't bowl full and straight and he can't score. He can't drive or pull.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: