Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 89289 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 20:44:13 »

I agree with their stance on 'reporting the news', but have yet to see any evidence to actually correlate this with.
That's because no-one can read what it says.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 21:02:37 »

Thought ours was 1.5 million
LP said 1.8m, third lowest in our division!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 21:26:49 »

Really positive vibes from Power again. He is starting to think about the longer term future of the club which is great now that the finances have been sorted out. He seems quite keen on redevelopment now we have this Aussie construction company willing to get involved. He clearly realises that in order for the club to keep progressing its the only option.
Barry Scott

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 23:49:40 »

I've grown to really like Power, in the same way I've grown to love Coops. What I like about Power is that despite having once been a footballer, he's clearly not a total bellend or thick as fuck and even seems to have his head screwed on and get's his points across clearly and without fluff.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 23:52:34 »

@TrustSTFC: Money doesn't guarentee success, points out on Budget we are near bottom of L1 #PowerHour #stfc

Do all chairmen know other club's budgets?

From my, very limited, experience, yes they do. I've heard 'exact' figures for several 3rd tier clubs in the last couple of years, all repeated in the media pretty well as I've been told eg Hudds, Sheff Utd, Yeovil. Ditto from the non-league side of things, be it County League or higher.

I had a great drunken evening a decade ago with a bunch of Western League managers / Chairmen (Melksham, Taunton, Tiverton, Chipp etc) and it seemed everyone knew every player's wage/club budget.

Guess its what makes the world go round.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 23:55:31 »

He didn't get to where he is and having to be a tax exile by being thick.

At least the days of us getting fucked over (Ritchie) (Shearer) for example seem to be a thing of the past, he doesn't just accept the first shit offer for a key player.

Oh and he ain't Jed, a massive bonus in itself . . . . .
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 07:52:18 »

LP said 1.8m, third lowest in our division!
We can guess that Rochdale (least fans through the gate+ recent promotion) will probably be the lowest and Yeovil announced last week that their budget was £1.2m.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 07:54:18 »

Walsall must be pretty low too. They've been running at or near break even for years and I assume their model hasn't changed.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 07:58:55 »

Walsall must be pretty low too. They've been running at or near break even for years and I assume their model hasn't changed.
Looks like that could go up a little bit with a trip to Wembley this year after beating PNE last night. They have some of the most up and down results. We beat them 4-1 at Bescot next game they go and win 3-0 at MKD then they get beat at home 2-0 by Coventry then they win 2-0 away at PNE.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 07:59:21 »

Perhaps the Football League receive wage budgets as part of Financial Fair Play submissions and circulate them (although that in itself seems strange - what business do other clubs have in knowing the finances of another?) Maybe it's the budget - not the actual spend.

I struggle to see how a squad as small as City's can really be ten times ours. Not now. £18m per annum on a squad of barely 18 players would mean that their players are on just shy of £20k per week, which really isn't true.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 08:06:42 »

Perhaps the Football League receive wage budgets as part of Financial Fair Play submissions and circulate them (although that in itself seems strange - what business do other clubs have in knowing the finances of another?) Maybe it's the budget - not the actual spend.

I struggle to see how a squad as small as City's can really be ten times ours. Not now. £18m per annum on a squad of barely 18 players would mean that their players are on just shy of £20k per week, which really isn't true.
I know JET is said to be on about £15k pw and Agard turned down Championship clubs and was offered £10k pw at Rotherham for a pay rise to join shitty...so maybe the sums do add up.

Also at Sheff Utd Ched Evans was on £20k pw, so clubs at this level do pay those sort of wages for the right players.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 08:36:20 »

I suspect we always quote our wage budget for players only, whereas other sides quote their complete budget, there is no way clubs like Crawley, or Crewe for example have overall bigger budgets Imo.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 08:37:52 »

I know JET is said to be on about £15k pw and Agard turned down Championship clubs and was offered £10k pw at Rotherham for a pay rise to join shitty...so maybe the sums do add up.

Also at Sheff Utd Ched Evans was on £20k pw, so clubs at this level do pay those sort of wages for the right players.

Doesn't that reinforce the point that they cannot be anywhere near 10 times our budget?!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 08:40:21 »

Whatever the exact difference, it's clear many other teams are offering loads more than we are. It simply adds to success of our first half of the season.

I remain cautious of Lee Power but from the outside he's done nothing wrong to date and says almost all the right things.

Hoping it continues for as long as possible.
Barry Scott

« Reply #89 on: Thursday, January 8, 2015, 08:50:42 »

When Power said City's budget was 10 times ours, it was a mistake on his part as he'd previously said on several occasions theirs was the division's highest and was between £11m and £12m. People have only heard the "10 times ours" and missed what went before.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: