Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 425501 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2010 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 15:04:27 »

Agree all of the above, although if the owners (LP/CM/Standing/Barry or whoever else!!) can't muster together £10k per game until such time as larger crowds are allowed back in, then I am sure the Trust would step in to help out - indeed they have already put on record their willingness to support the owners.

In any event £20k per month is probably a drop in the ocean compared to normal monthly overheads and I don't believe this would be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.
Yeah, that's a fair point, although I don't know that the Trust should be subsidising an owner unwilling to pay the running costs of the business, at least not without getting something tangible back in return.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #2011 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 15:07:10 »

Our first away game with home fans allowed in will be Pompey on Boxing day, as both Gillingham and Doncaster are in tier 3 areas. May be some advantage for us, although our away record this season with no fans present may suggest otherwise!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2012 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 15:34:17 »

Our first away game with home fans allowed in will be Pompey on Boxing day, as both Gillingham and Doncaster are in tier 3 areas. May be some advantage for us, although our away record this season with no fans present may suggest otherwise!!

I bet Kovar is absolutely dreading this coming in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2013 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 15:42:19 »

Well I'm currently in a tier 3 so no unnecessary travel out of zone, so that's me out even if i wanted to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #2014 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 18:19:17 »

It's probably just easier to just rotate the Don Rogers and Arkells stand season ticket holders every game. Put the Town end season ticket holders within one of these groups (lower one). Easy to understand.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #2015 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 21:04:58 »

If we have sold more than 2,000 Season tickets, another way of deciding who goes first would be to base it on how long they have had these tickets - I’ve had mine for 7 or 8 years, some of the folks who sit near me have had theirs for nearer 30 years, so logically they ought to have a higher priority. However the Club’s records need to be good enough to be able to tell that.

It’s not easy for the club working this out - you have the issue of families with 2 or more STs, plus having to spread people out within the ground.

Whatever they do, there will be some who are disgruntled with it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2016 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 21:22:42 »

If we have sold more than 2,000 Season tickets, another way of deciding who goes first would be to base it on how long they have had these tickets - I’ve had mine for 7 or 8 years, some of the folks who sit near me have had theirs for nearer 30 years, so logically they ought to have a higher priority. However the Club’s records need to be good enough to be able to tell that.

It’s not easy for the club working this out - you have the issue of families with 2 or more STs, plus having to spread people out within the ground.

Whatever they do, there will be some who are disgruntled with it.

Why should an old person have priority over a young person?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2017 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 21:28:07 »

Ludicrous idea, ST for 1 season or 30 seasons should make no difference

It would imply that the longer you have had an ST makes you a better, more loyal, etc kind of fan
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 21:31:22 by Abrahammer » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2018 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 22:32:09 »

Is scilly red still posting? Does he have a large enough field to play on. Get 4K there

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2019 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 23:40:07 »

I know you're only jesting  BD.

The Isles of Scilly, well St. Mary's is host to the smallest football league in the world. Two teams. They had Beckham and co film there several years ago for an ad campaign.

The mere suggestion of 4k additional visitors over there right now (or at any time) would send shivers up many of the permanent residents. Usually the most busiest period is the last weekend in April/first weekend in May for the World Pilot Gig Championships, which holds host to some 150+ racing gigs. With 7 to each crew, that amounts to over 1k in Scilly. Most will usually bring one or two (or their kids) with them, so easily up to 3k+. A lot of people also like to visit at that time too so for just one weekend, St. Mary's probably see's around 5k visitors. St. Mary's is home to about 2k residents and is roughly 6sq miles. At gig weekend on St. Mary's, they see more than 1k people per sq mile.

Just in advance for those who might want to suggest I extracted any of this from google "to make myself sound good", I spent a bloody good amount of years over there.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2020 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 06:25:54 »

interesting...

guy from Wycombe was on BBC breakfast saying they need to do a 1000 test event before they can open up to 2000.

if that's right, we are in the same position.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2021 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 06:50:56 »

Why should an old person have priority over a young person?
Because the older people quoted will have contributed more to the club than younger ones as they have held season tickets longer.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2022 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 07:14:58 »

Yet young ones have more years ahead of them to actually contribute more
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2023 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 07:26:13 »

Yet young ones have more years ahead of them to actually contribute more
Then they will get their chance.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #2024 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 08:57:35 »

Because the older people quoted will have contributed more to the club than younger ones as they have held season tickets longer.

Won't the old timers all be shielding until the vaccine gets sorted anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: