Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 425388 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:57:38 »

What it does do, importantly, is takeaway the pressure or need to refund STs, which some clubs have done and others are agitating over.

That's a very fair point TBH.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1951 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:58:23 »

What it does do, importantly, is takeaway the pressure or need to refund STs, which some clubs have done and others are agitating over.
Not sure we can as we have been getting the codes for I player for free haven't we?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1952 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:59:40 »

Not sure we can as we have been getting the codes for I player for free haven't we?

'free' - there is an argument we've been paying more for it over the standard £10.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1953 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 14:01:57 »

'free' - there is an argument we've been paying more for it over the standard £10.

This.

ST holders are getting £230 of product in return for £300+ worth of investment, and it's costing significantly more than non-ST holders. If we went the whole season without fans, I'd think STs would rightly have a claim. Some clubs have already refunded - think Lincoln were one.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 14:33:52 »

I heard clem wants to refund all season ticket holders and give them a free pie and a cuddle

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 14:42:45 »

I heard clem wants to refund all season ticket holders and give them a free pie and a cuddle

What kind of Pie? Pork I'm guessing?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1956 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 14:55:21 »

This.

ST holders are getting £230 of product in return for £300+ worth of investment
More than that for a lot of people - we have a family season ticket so it's north of 800 quid for us, but still only get 1 iFollow code. Which I'm not moaning about, it's not like I want to watch the games on one telly a lot of the time, never mind 3 Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1957 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 14:56:08 »

So you're saying he's a sexual harasser on top of everything else? Blimey.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1958 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 15:22:16 »

This.

ST holders are getting £230 of product in return for £300+ worth of investment, and it's costing significantly more than non-ST holders. If we went the whole season without fans, I'd think STs would rightly have a claim. Some clubs have already refunded - think Lincoln were one.

Thankfully I don't have a dog in this fight but I suspect this may end up being a case where ST holders have to choose whether to be led by head or heart, refunding c.£1m in ST money would likely be the straw that breaks the camels back for many clubs, Town included I fear.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 15:31:52 »

I can't be arsed to read back. This 4,000 fans thing, is it just home supporters allowed in? Oxford away would be funny, away fans in the car park  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1960 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 15:32:47 »

I can't be arsed to read back. This 4,000 fans thing, is it just home supporters allowed in? Oxford away would be funny, away fans in the car park  Smiley

Oxford away is Saturday, before this new rule comes in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1961 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 15:45:14 »

I not sure its been clarified in that much detail, albeit if you can muster 4k home support within the rules I cannot see clubs going to the ball ache of letting away fans in, let alone encouraging travel.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1962 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 16:03:17 »

So you could go to the home game via the pub, but you have to have a substantial meal to buy beer? All day breakfast and eight pints please  Eat
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #1963 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 17:31:56 »

Think I’d be happy to continue with my season ticket ifollow viewing and let a cash purchase ticket in to the ground. With £30 in travel costs for minimal atmosphere and restricted pub access it doesn’t sound much of a day out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1964 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 09:35:21 »

In an hour or two we will learn which tier Swindon is in, on consequently how man fans we can get into the County Ground.

Assuming we are initially in tier 2, as expected, what the heck do the club do? The fans in will be limited to 2000.

To me it makes no ecenomic sense for the club to even open, other than averting issues with ST hollders wanting money back as Panda mentioned before.

I've got no idea what I'd do - if the club can afford to "suck it up" with volunteers keeping extra costs to a minimum then I guess they split the STs into 2 groups to fit them in over 2 games and sell tickets if an ST holder doesn't want to/can't go.

Going to need a hell of a lot of people like Hitchin for this to financially benefit the club:

Think I’d be happy to continue with my season ticket ifollow viewing and let a cash purchase ticket in to the ground. With £30 in travel costs for minimal atmosphere and restricted pub access it doesn’t sound much of a day out

I'm not prepared to (living in Swindon). My mental health is starting to suffer being at home all day Mon-Fri  (not just lockdown, but that's made it worse as nothing on weekends). I need a release, as selfish as that is.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: