Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 425498 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1935 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 22:02:13 »

Gary Neville moaning like fuck about it on twitter about tier 3 areas not having fans

Well an opportunity to get the spanner’s out and flat pack the tin shack and move it somewhere else then.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1936 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 23:09:36 »

Many will be out of towers and won't travel. Many will be shielding. Get them to apply per game and if there's over the amount of tickets, use a ballot.
Exactly this. I have a season ticket but if there is (as I imagine there will be) a requirement to arrive well in advance of kick-off to allow for staggered entrances there's plenty of games I won't be able to get to early, so wouldn't apply. Equally, let's face it, the whole of the Arkells stand will be shielding so that's a few thousand spoken for Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1937 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 23:24:07 »

Absolutely PaulD, hence my initial bracketed statement.

Are we mates again? Ooh you are awful but...  Soapy Tit Wank
Always, sweet cheeks Smiley
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1938 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 07:02:34 »

It’s probably all moot anyway.

We’ll be in tier 2 before Xmas and then the inevitable spike following restrictions loosening for Xmas, schools and unis going back will mean that we all end up in tier 3 before long
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 08:30:29 »

A lot clubs will lose money with fans being allowed back.

Any club with over 4000 ST holders will be opening up their grounds with all the associated costs for precisely no extra income from it. Even if a club only has 3000 ST holders, 1000 extra paying fans isn’t enough to cover costs.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1940 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:09:45 »

Do you think they would bother/ be allowed to open things like the club shop, the crappy food and drink stalls etc? Surely the only thing they need to open is the ground so as to minimise fans not social distancing properly.

The only additional costs will be a minimal amount of ground staff and policing/st john's ambulance presumably?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:11:34 »

Do you think they would bother/ be allowed to open things like the club shop, the crappy food and drink stalls etc? Surely the only thing they need to open is the ground so as to minimise fans not social distancing properly.

The only additional costs will be a minimal amount of ground staff and policing/st john's ambulance presumably?

As general shops will be open I cannot see why the club shop can't be with the relevant restrictions in place, plus if its only say 2 in the shop at any one time they can probably operate it on a skeleton staff. As for food, could they not just hire wagons and park in the car park?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:14:42 »

I reckon everywhere will be Tier 3 anyway to start off with. An extension of lockdown, but with a different name.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:23:14 »

As general shops will be open I cannot see why the club shop can't be with the relevant restrictions in place, plus if its only say 2 in the shop at any one time they can probably operate it on a skeleton staff. As for food, could they not just hire wagons and park in the car park?

Good point about the wagons outside. There are generally 2 or 3 parked behind left to the DRS, (one with a very friendly lady in the hotdog one) perhaps these will be allowed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:28:53 »

Quote from: michael
I reckon everywhere will be Tier 3 anyway to start off with. An extension of lockdown, but with a different name.

I disagree, I don't think it's justifiable everywhere - and would lose what public support remains. Dangling carrots (like sport) then taking them away - can't see it

tier 2 in a lot of places, now that's probably true.

I guess we'll see.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:47:55 »

I hope I am wrong and that you are right, I have a table for 2 booked on Friday 4th.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 12:12:53 »

A lot clubs will lose money with fans being allowed back.

Any club with over 4000 ST holders will be opening up their grounds with all the associated costs for precisely no extra income from it. Even if a club only has 3000 ST holders, 1000 extra paying fans isn’t enough to cover costs.
But not all of those will choose to go. As has been said earlier, many will be elderly or vulnerable, some will live miles away and think it's not worth the effort for partial crowds/possibly not enjoying football at the moment, some may live in areas with a higher tier so not be allowed to travel to the club etc etc
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 12:41:23 »

some may live in areas with a higher tier so not be allowed to travel to the club etc etc

Not sure that rule would stop people if they have been having gagging to get back to the CG
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 12:42:56 by Abrahammer » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:31:42 »

This is what Mark Palios said

‘If you just come down the tiers to 2,000 fans [tier 2], our season tickets are 3,000. So actually cash-wise we are probably worse off because if we have fans in the ground, I know the costs would be about £10,000 to open up.

"We'd have all the gates open for social distancing, and all the turnstiles on. As a consequence of that, we wouldn't get anymore cash and we'd have to spend £10,000 a match.

"If it stayed like that, in the context of about a further 18 matches, it's nearly £200,000 of costs. And if you were allowed in 4,000, it's only for the extra 1,000 of general attendance [on top of 3,000 season ticket holders], but we'd still have the costs. It would be pretty minimal, with regards any excess for us."
Panda Paws

« Reply #1949 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 13:46:00 »

What it does do, importantly, is takeaway the pressure or need to refund STs, which some clubs have done and others are agitating over.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: