Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 425418 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1920 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:18:56 »

I think they are trying to bring consistency between sport and the arts. Football etc fans have been kicking off massively about the albert hall having 3500 in for something next month so this is to align that
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1921 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:37:54 »

I think they are trying to bring consistency between sport and the arts. Football etc fans have been kicking off massively about the albert hall having 3500 in for something next month so this is to align that

Surely though any professional in their field (it's a loose term when talking about the current government I know but...) would not be listening to those who shout loudest but really should be focusing on what is right, no?

If buckling under pressure to make quick decisions, just to please some of the masses it often ends up with mistakes being made (and being admitted further down the line) with detrimental consequences.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:55:32 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1922 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:40:52 »

Does anybody really think that 4000 people attending a football stadium would be likely to propagate Covid spread?

Fucking schools and universities were fine though - useless wankers.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1923 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:54:43 »

Does anybody really think that 4000 people attending a football stadium would be likely to propagate Covid spread?

Fucking schools and universities were fine though - useless wankers.

Within that 4000? Yes, definitely.

Taking Uni's out of the equation, where a lot might be on campus but are still distance/online learning/lectures (I can't vouch for all but I have heard this from lecturers and students I know at three unis in different parts of the country)etc. Add in that education in younger/primary years is a bit more important for development than attending a leisure based event just because you enjoy it, then I don't know what the hot air is about?

Most secondary schools have split the age groups up into "bubble years" now so they aren't mixing with kids in other years and have different breaks/lunch periods, so at least whilst at school there isn't going to be anywhere near to 4k in exactly place at the same time. Primary we're talking even smaller numbers. Most kids these days get picked up by their parents from car number 3 and if they use school buses or public transport to and from home they have to wear a mask (at least that is the protocol I have seen when I went to pick up my niece from school about a month ago).

I understand your frustration Aud, maybe go and have a round of golf?! Just not at Blunsdon ey? I hear Costa Navarino isn't bad  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1924 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 18:28:06 »

Is Swindon Tier 1 ?

Well, league one.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1925 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:22:05 »

Surely though any professional in their field (it's a loose term when talking about the current government I know but...) would not be listening to those who shout loudest but really should be focusing on what is right, no?

If buckling under pressure to make quick decisions, just to please some of the masses it often ends up with mistakes being made (and being admitted further down the line) with detrimental consequences.
I think you only need to look at the "5 days to give Granny COVID for Christmas" farce to see that science and public health considerations are well down the list in the decision making process
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1926 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:32:18 »

I think you only need to look at the "5 days to give Granny COVID for Christmas" farce to see that science and public health considerations are well down the list in the decision making process

Absolutely PaulD, hence my initial bracketed statement.

Are we mates again? Ooh you are awful but...  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1927 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:46:21 »

Normally yes, possibly not this season, given lockdown started part way through the season ticket sales period. Although it was after the end of the early bird phase when you'd have thought most people would buy
The last published figures on season tickets by club was just under 5K in 2016/7 and it had stayed fairly consistent from 2011.

I would think we would be close to 4K despite a couple of seasons in League Two as a few more were enticed back by the time they went on sale on the crest of the wave in February.

Be interesting how the club handles it, will season ticket holders have to apply to take up a ticket so the club can resell the tickets, will iFollow still be on offer to season ticket holders who can't attend.

I can see a stitch up coming from the PL bail out saying you can get 4K per game now, that should be enough money to survive in League 1 or 2 so we won't give you any more.

Also it favours financially the FGRs and Salfords with low gates but wealthy owners versus clubs like Bradford or Pompey with 14-15K every week or clubs like us somewhere in between.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1928 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 19:52:51 »

Gary Neville moaning like fuck about it on twitter about tier 3 areas not having fans
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #1929 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 21:00:36 »

The problem with stadia is not when spectators are in their seats watching, it’s entry via the concourse where there are bottlenecks, partly because most people arrive close to kick off - in our row we sit near the gangway, and there are always 2 people (the same 2) who arrive on the dot of kick off, decide to go out just before half time, come in again just after halftime and leave as the boy are for added time goes up - pushing past everyone each time.
Add in people going to the toilets at half time - the limits are to manage congestion in the various bottlenecks.

A further issue - particularly for London and I guess other big cities is the fact that large proportion of a normal attendance travel on public transport- creating congestion in stations, on buses, trams, tubes etc. Less of an issue at STFC as it’s possible to park nearby so more travel by car and then walk - assuming they are out of towners like me.

As a separate question, does anyone know whether a person living in a tier 3 area is allowed to travel t9 a game in a tier 1 / 2 area ?
Panda Paws

« Reply #1930 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 21:13:25 »

The problem with stadia is not when spectators are in their seats watching, it’s entry via the concourse where there are bottlenecks, partly because most people arrive close to kick off - in our row we sit near the gangway, and there are always 2 people (the same 2) who arrive on the dot of kick off, decide to go out just before half time, come in again just after halftime and leave as the boy are for added time goes up - pushing past everyone each time.
Add in people going to the toilets at half time - the limits are to manage congestion in the various bottlenecks.

A further issue - particularly for London and I guess other big cities is the fact that large proportion of a normal attendance travel on public transport- creating congestion in stations, on buses, trams, tubes etc. Less of an issue at STFC as it’s possible to park nearby so more travel by car and then walk - assuming they are out of towners like me.

As a separate question, does anyone know whether a person living in a tier 3 area is allowed to travel t9 a game in a tier 1 / 2 area ?

People in tier 3 are advised not to travel unless it's for essential purposes I think, so no.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1931 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 21:23:01 »

Staggered arrival/leaving times. Job done.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1932 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 21:39:02 »

Staggered arrival/leaving times. Job done.

I suppose that could work/minimise things. Anyone buying a ticket (as a lucky "walk up") on the fly could have an arrival and leaving window. Likewise with all the season ticket holders, they could email so that they can fill each row from the middle out. When leaving it would be sides of a row first.

Smaller numbers I know but they do this on flights a row at a time from the front and back working inwards.

Doesn't quite solve HT pissers but with only 25% of the stadia full, it will be likely a bit easier to navigate sensibly, and not just stood at the trough.

Edit: Need to clarify the "Anyone buying a ticket on the fly..." I still mean all online purchase only. When they receive their ticket (either in the post or as a QR code) it will have an arrival time window printed/included. Also guidance and advice on leaving the ground at FT, to ensure adhering to social distancing.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 23, 2020, 22:30:20 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1933 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 21:40:56 »

This could well eliminate a number of our season ticket holders if we have an awkward amount not much over 4,000. They'll be well pissed off though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1934 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 21:55:53 »

This could well eliminate a number of our season ticket holders if we have an awkward amount not much over 4,000. They'll be well pissed off though.

Many will be out of towers and won't travel. Many will be shielding. Get them to apply per game and if there's over the amount of tickets, use a ballot.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: