Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 425412 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:22:51 »

Erm, as far as I can see these "well known" demons are "well known" only to you. Are you suggesting Sheridan has an addiction problem? And do you have any actual evidence to back that up other than 48 pages (approx Smiley ) of convoluted supposition? If not, I'd suggest you withdraw what is potentially quite a damaging allegation or at very least clarify what you're on about.

Misquoted.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:39:38 »

Misquoted.
I used the quote function to quote your words directly. If I've misunderstood what you meant, fair enough, which is why I suggested you need to clarify what you're on about if that's the case.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:39:44 »

What’s the theory.

Power knows he will lose control of the club and the new lot won’t want Sheridan. So Powers given him the job on the knowledge he’ll get paid off and give a percentage of it to Power for hiring him in the first place.

I assume that was what the thought of him being temporary was all about but it’s equally as likely I just made all that up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:45:39 »

Theory

Power knows he’s selling the club. Doesn’t want to the new owner(s) to be hamstrung with a manager they may not want and have to pay off. Probably also why Wellens didn’t get the 3 or 4 new players he was expecting on deadline day. Come the end of the season the loan players will go back, a good number of our players will be coming to the end of their contracts and yet another rebuild for the new owners.

Sheridan’s only task is to keep us in L1.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 12:20:02 »

I used the quote function to quote your words directly. If I've misunderstood what you meant, fair enough, which is why I suggested you need to clarify what you're on about if that's the case.

Come on PaulD, you're better than a style akin to a "red top" for misquoting (or let's say shortening to suit).

Read back... I say "...supposed well known...". Makes a huge difference to the context. I don't need to clarify anything. It's all there for others to make their own assessments of. You've possibly misunderstood but I know you're better than that but then why on earth would you want to interpret the words any differently to that which is written? This is hardly Government levels of confusion  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 12:56:58 »

Do you have any sources for these supposed well known allegations?? Even just someone else talking about them? It’s the first I’ve ever seen of it

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 13:23:49 »

We’ve been here before, he previously diagnosed Tom Broadbent with PTSD simply because he had a few army tours under his belt
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 13:45:21 »

Come on PaulD, you're better than a style akin to a "red top" for misquoting (or let's say shortening to suit).

Read back... I say "...supposed well known...". Makes a huge difference to the context. I don't need to clarify anything. It's all there for others to make their own assessments of. You've possibly misunderstood but I know you're better than that but then why on earth would you want to interpret the words any differently to that which is written? This is hardly Government levels of confusion  Cheesy
The addition of the word "supposed" makes very little difference other than being just bad English. If you're suggesting that Sheridan has an addiction issue, then you're the only person I've seen make such a suggestion so it's neither "well known" nor "supposed well known" (whatever that is). If you're suggesting something else, then please clarify what it is. That's all I'm asking. For someone who writes such vast volumes of prose, it's not always terribly clear what you mean
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 13:54:39 »

I believe many of the John Sheridan 'rumours' stem from his first spell at Chesterfield.

Given that this is, I think, Bamboo's neck of the woods then I imagine he has heard the Chesterfield fans cluck their tongues, stroke their beards and talk about "What's to be done with this John Sheridan!?"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 15:27:18 »

I believe many of the John Sheridan 'rumours' stem from his first spell at Chesterfield.

Given that this is, I think, Bamboo's neck of the woods then I imagine he has heard the Chesterfield fans cluck their tongues, stroke their beards and talk about "What's to be done with this John Sheridan!?"
Fair enough, why didn't he just bloody say that then?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 15:32:58 »

Fair enough, why didn't he just bloody say that then?

No idea. I just Googled 'John Sheridan' and 'Booze' and got stuff from the Chesterfield TEF from 2012!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1886 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 15:48:16 »

In bamboo defence it is something that seems to follow him around and is something i have heard but without any real substance. He has posted something quite diplomatic for a change there
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 16:09:00 »

Either way. If he didn't drink before, he will now,  recent performances will drive him to drink,  just like the rest of us !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 16:49:30 »

My sources tell me Sheridan likes a drink.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 16:50:38 »

I like a drink now and then

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: