Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 425441 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 19:24:33 »

I'd imagine the finance company would disagree.

also imagine that the club will get more from my monthly st than ifollow - they need all the money they can get this season. 23x10 x 0.7 is much less than the season tickets I'm paying for.

So let’s say we can’t watch a game this season, you will have paid for your season ticket over 10 months or whatever. Paid by jan, would you be happy to accept ifollow games to cover your season ticket then next season have to pay for a new season ticket? Personally I’d rather pay my monthly payment this season & pay thai off & have it transferred to next season, pay for ifollow & if (big if) games eventually let fans in pay per match. Ifollow will not justify my season ticket cost for 23 games. The club said this was for one or two home games when this was bought in. Something more will have to be done.

I may be mistaken with this but the reason we start selling them in March is to bridge the gap for the summer. I’m sure I read that the finance company make payments a few times a year in lump sums, ie you pay £380, they give the club slightly less (even with a finance fee at the start.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 19:32:19 by Hyabb17 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 19:50:36 »

So let’s say we can’t watch a game this season, you will have paid for your season ticket over 10 months or whatever. Paid by jan, would you be happy to accept ifollow games to cover your season ticket then next season have to pay for a new season ticket? Personally I’d rather pay my monthly payment this season & pay thai off & have it transferred to next season, pay for ifollow & if (big if) games eventually let fans in pay per match. Ifollow will not justify my season ticket cost for 23 games.
In normal times, of course I'd agree with you. But these aren't normal times. Clubs will be fighting for their lives by Christmas, some probably sooner than that. And it's not like everything's going to suddenly pop back into pre-COVID normal next spring. The economic damage caused by the virus will ripple for years to come, so starving the club of season ticket money next season is going to be just as problematic.

And that's just my view and one that (for now) I can afford to take. Not making any judgement at all on folks who need to get a refund on their season ticket, lot of hard times for a lot of people right now and worse to come for many more.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1667 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 19:55:30 »

@hyabb17

while I have a job I don't mind paying more now and buy another season ticket next season. I guess I'm lucky in that I can afford to do that as things stand and I see it as my way of helping the club.

if my job situation changes, then yes I'd rather transfer - but I doubt I'd substitute with ifollow as we'd be cutting back.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 20:07:23 »

If not about the money for me right now. I was merely looking at ways in which the club could be proactive within the current situation. Money coming in from ifollow from 3000 more fans would help the cash flow. I never asked for a refund on last season & I doubt I would this season either but the disparity will be greater, around £130. Some families also have more than one season ticket holder in a household, I do, two season tickets, two codes & only one used per game. I think some fans would not be happy with ifollow as a season ticket replacement for all games. Money will become tighter in the next year or so which would make transferring a season ticket from this season to next more appealing I would have thought. I will be out of a job in a years time so money could become tight depending on how long I’m out of work for, yes I’ll have some money but that will only last so long.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 20:10:00 by Hyabb17 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 20:14:45 »

If not about the money for me right now. I was merely looking at ways in which the club could be proactive within the current situation. Money coming in from ifollow from 3000 more fans would help the cash flow.
1) You're assuming we'd get 3000 more fans signing up to iFollow. Personally I doubt it
2) Even assuming we did get 3000, it might help the cash flow a little bit this season, but it could finish us off next season if we have to do without season ticket money then

I can see why it's an attractive idea for some fans, but it's commercial suicide for the club
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1670 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 20:57:59 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54258226

At this rate, this season will be null & void at some point

I come from a land down-under
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 12:14:58 »

1) You're assuming we'd get 3000 more fans signing up to iFollow. Personally I doubt it
2) Even assuming we did get 3000, it might help the cash flow a little bit this season, but it could finish us off next season if we have to do without season ticket money then

I can see why it's an attractive idea for some fans, but it's commercial suicide for the club

Of course, the PFA could also take a stance here and get their members together to collectively share some of the tope end wealth without waiting for clubs and leagues to sort themselves out.  Less clubs equal less Union jobs.  Given the top earners can each save a club on their own, you'd think they'd be able to figure something out, even on a loan basis.

Seems to me, everyone has allowed a Pandemic to shit down their creative thinking and innovation ability.  Money, as we know it, hasn't even existed for all that long.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1672 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 17:04:29 »

EFL statement from Rick Parry on our official site. For for those with tl;dr tendencies, basically just reminding government that the League is set to lose £200m of income this season if gates don't reopen, with attendant consequences for clubs.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/efl-update-by-chair-rick-parry/?fbclid=IwAR2N9-uZBNNazN6t_ftoNnu7F6TET2lJ2cWiS1IRv_St9lB2o5ZLw56WlM0

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1673 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 17:07:13 »

Of course, the PFA could also take a stance here and get their members together to collectively share some of the tope end wealth without waiting for clubs and leagues to sort themselves out.  Less clubs equal less Union jobs.  Given the top earners can each save a club on their own, you'd think they'd be able to figure something out, even on a loan basis.

Seems to me, everyone has allowed a Pandemic to shit down their creative thinking and innovation ability.  Money, as we know it, hasn't even existed for all that long.

That would mean the PFA would have to do something. Good luck with that one
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 17:21:58 »

£200m is a drop in the ocean for Premier League clubs.

If they all sacrificed, what, a weeks wages? That'd probably sort out Leagues One and Two for a season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1675 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 19:07:32 »

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/sgm-names-of-potential-investors-released-following-vote
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1676 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 19:11:30 »

wtf!
Flashheart

« Reply #1677 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 19:12:34 »

Worth about 130 million between them...

Or 200 million, depending on who you ask.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 19:13:22 »

Being cynical, smacks of a tax avoidance effort - like the people who invest in Films
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 19:22:33 »

Worth about 130 million between them...

Or 200 million, depending on who you ask.

Reynolds is probably worth a lot more now, he just sold his Gin business for $610m
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: