Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Josh Low  (Read 3121 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 13:12:34 »

Robins' new boy Low delighted to be back in West

Josh Low last night told of how the challenge of helping Cheltenham Town become an established League One club helped lure him to Whaddon Road.

Low, 29, will undergo a medical at Whaddon Road this morning and is expected to complete the formalities of his move from Peterborough United after watching the clash with Leicester City this afternoon.

And the former Bristol Rovers winger has revealed how manager Keith Downing persuaded him to agree a two-year deal after outlining the club's ambitions in a meeting on Thursday.

He said: "The manager had a chat with me about where he wants to take the club and his enthusiasm and belief persuaded me to want to become a part of it.

"I know that it has been a struggle in the last couple of seasons but everything is here to become an established League One club.Once you achieve that you can build on in and you never know where you will end up.

"It is a big challenge for everyone but one I am looking forward to being a part of."

Low had fallen out-of-favour at London Road following the arrival of manager Darren Ferguson shortly after the wideman was brought to the club by former boss Keith Alexander.

A move away looked to be scuppered because Low was one of Posh's top earners, but the lure of regular first-team action and a return to the West for the Bristol-born star proved too tempting to turn down.

"I was disappointed with how things ended at Peterborough but the writing was on the wall for a long time," Low added.

"I kept my head down and tried to win my place back, but you would have to ask the manager why I never got a chance.

"These things happen in football, though, and Barry Fry (Posh director of football) was good to me during my time there.

"There are no hard feelings and I wish them all the best.

"I am just focusing on what is a fresh start for me and my family now."

Downing was 'delighted' at ending his summer-long search for a right-sided midfielder.

"Josh is a player who still has great potential," said Downing.

"He needs a fresh challenge and we can give that to him."

Downing is now expected to step up his attempts to land Charlton striker Stuart Fleetwood on loan and is also trying to turn Barry Hayles' temporary move from Leicester into a permanent arrangement.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 13:27:49 »

Huh? Who
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 13:36:20 »

Huh? Who

Malpas tried to sign him last month,but couldn't do a deal over wages.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 13:51:45 »

Oh him. I thought he decided not to bother in the end. Anyhow:

Swindon reject, Swindon reject...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 13:59:45 »

Some nubhead on Radio Swindon saying this shows that Malpas is unable to attract players. No, he didn't want to sign the guy fer christ's sakes.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 17:36:46 »

Marshall does sound like the better option. Particularly after today.  Soapy Tit Wank
Tails.

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 19:45:15 »

he'll do alright in L2 next season for them. Cheesy
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 19:49:38 »

Downing was 'delighted' at ending his summer-long search for a right-sided midfielder.

"Josh is a player who still has great potential," said Downing.

At 29 I'd want a little more than potential!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 17:24:14 »

Josh Low been transfer listed by Cheltenscum by new manager Fartin Allen today...didnt take them long!

http://www.cheltenhamtownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10434~1400145,00.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 17:26:29 »

Josh Low been transfer listed by Cheltenscum by new manager Fartin Allen today...didnt take them long!

http://www.cheltenhamtownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10434~1400145,00.html

Not bad for a 29 year old with a lot of potential eh!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 20:03:53 »

Didnt Allen put him on the list at Leicester?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: