Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Timlin  (Read 8040 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 18:45:11 »

I already mentioned him a couple of days ago  Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 19:12:24 »

Timlin will be secretly hoping Fulham go down,he will get some starts in the championship.....good passer but dont think hes better than we got.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:05:50 »

I disagree-with the exception of Easton,I think Timlin would be the pick of our current crop of midfielders.As I said by all accounts he's performing well against far better players than yer general crop of league one material.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:22:58 »

Quote from: "adje"
I disagree-with the exception of Easton,I think Timlin would be the pick of our current crop of midfielders.As I said by all accounts he's performing well against far better players than yer general crop of league one material.

I'd still argue that Prem reserve football is a bit irrelevant to our football, and it can be very hard for players to go across from this to proper football.

Look at these teams Fulham v Spurs from over a year ago....

Ricardo Batista  1  Robert Burch
      TJ Moncur  2  Cian Hughton
 Elliot Omozusi  3  Reto Ziegler
     Adam Watts  4  Keiran McKenna(C)  
Gabriel Zakuani  5  Phil Ifil
  Matty Collins  6  Leigh Mills
    Chris James  7  Stuart Lewis
    Wayne Brown  8  Jamie O’Hara
    Ismael Ehui  9  Tomas Pekhart
 Bjorn Runstrom 10  Andy Barcham
 Lino Goncalves 11  Charlie Daniels

A few familiar names to us....Collins and Mills...mini Beast, now departed.

Omozusi has recently had a couple of games and so has O'Hara...I'll wager the rest will struggle to get a career at a decent league club.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:46:53 »

OK point taken but,for every Slabber and Heath, there is a Given,Carrick,Thompson,Milner,Davis and Cox-all reserve team players who did ok for us.Timlin is quite highly rated by some Fulham fans according to their forums and Im just saying that he would be worth a punt if the opportunity arose

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:54:54 »

OK point taken but,for every Slabber and Heath, there is a Given,Carrick,Thompson,Milner,Davis and Cox-all reserve team players who did ok for us.Timlin is quite highly rated by some Fulham fans according to their forums and Im just saying that he would be worth a punt if the opportunity arose

Fair enough, but the Prem clubs trawl up any likely looking talent form the lower divs and elsewhere, can afford to pick out one or two prime specimens and chuck the rest back in the sea.

Having seen Timlin, I'd have down as more Slabber and Heath, than Carrick Thompson or Milner.
JPC82

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:56:13 »

i think ur being harsh on Timlin, hes decent, if we even had a sniff of getting him back id be delighted
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 23:28:39 »

Charlie Daniels is on loan at Orient, cracking player. Matty Collins went on loan somewhere I think? Can't remember where.  Not sure really about most of them. Is that Moncur any relation to John?
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 08:20:14 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Timlin started off well, but was distinctly crap, by the time he returned to Fulham....I always worry when players reach early 20's and haven't played much first team football.

You can only really learn the game by playing proper competitive football.

Exactly.

Some people on here need to broaden their horizons a bit. Mike fucking Timlin again? Pffft.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 08:37:31 »

Timlin

Scored an excellent freekick last night against Chelsea reserves!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 10:30:29 »

Quote from: "Dirk Diggler"
Timlin

Scored an excellent freekick last night against Chelsea reserves!

And got an assist as well for Fulham's other goal
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 11:50:28 »

timlin's ok, but he's nopt the answer. Loan players are all well and good but we need to sign someone who's going to actually give a sh*t, and who's been there and done it. I have always wanted Horlock to come back but he's getting on now!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 13:33:48 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Timlin started off well, but was distinctly crap, by the time he returned to Fulham....I always worry when players reach early 20's and haven't played much first team football.

Exactly.

Some people on here need to broaden their horizons a bit. Mike fucking Timlin again? Pffft.

Who do you suggest Michael fucking Carrick-he cant get a regular game for Utd.Some people on here need a reality check

dell boy

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 13:50:15 »

Exactly.

Who do you suggest Michael fucking Carrick-he cant get a regular game for Utd.Some people on here need a reality check

Very true, better options and less outlay getting a Championship midfielder around the 30 year old mark on loan. There a few about who dont get regular 1st team footie.
Timlin is not the answer.
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 13:56:02 »

Exactly.

#

No you've missed the point. If I'm not mistaken Timlins been out to Scunny and Doncaster in recent years, and couldn't get a look in at Scunthorpe thought he was dreadful and DR didn't even play him.

I'd like someone half decent (which counts Timlin out based on the second half of his loan spell, and we're now in a higher standard) and more to the point it's a step backwards. Why don't we go and sign Don Rogers, he was alright.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: