Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: lukas  (Read 4558 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 17:49:39 »

I want him to start, but I'm struggling to think who to drop! You can slate Peacock as much as you want but we look far, far worse when he's not up front. Roberts is frustrating but is handy to have in the team incase he does decide to do something magical. I was thinking maybe the same formation as Walsall or would that be to negative?

Smith
Smith Ifil Vincent Nicho (going by Sturrocks selection on Saturday)
Roberts Weston Timlin Zaaboub Brown
Jutkiewicz/Peacock.

Great midfield, and it gives the chance for Roberts and Brown/Boob to go forward and give Lukas some support. If we go 1 or 2 up, replace Roberts with Shakes who is better defensively. If the season so far is anything to go by and we are 1 goal up towards the end, we'll be under the cosh for the last 5/10 minutes so Shakes would be much more useful than Roberts.

If a 4-4-2, I'd go for the same as Saturday but replace Pook with Weston and maybe Lukas in for Roberts. Tough one to call really.
red macca

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 09:32:38 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I want him to start, but I'm struggling to think who to drop! You can slate Peacock as much as you want but we look far, far worse when he's not up front. Roberts is frustrating but is handy to have in the team incase he does decide to do something magical. I was thinking maybe the same formation as Walsall or would that be to negative?

Smith
Smith Ifil Vincent Nicho (going by Sturrocks selection on Saturday)
Roberts Weston Timlin Zaaboub Brown
Jutkiewicz/Peacock.

Great midfield, and it gives the chance for Roberts and Brown/Boob to go forward and give Lukas some support. If we go 1 or 2 up, replace Roberts with Shakes who is better defensively. If the season so far is anything to go by and we are 1 goal up towards the end, we'll be under the cosh for the last 5/10 minutes so Shakes would be much more useful than Roberts.

If a 4-4-2, I'd go for the same as Saturday but replace Pook with Weston and maybe Lukas in for Roberts. Tough one to call really.
Tails that first formation is spot on but i would leave lukas up top on his own and put peacock in the middle  in the place of weston or timlin.Imo i would replace timlin he has not been no where near as good as he was since he came here til the end of the year
mattboyslim

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 09:41:48 »

I think shakes has been much improved of late - he still frustrates the hell out of me putting crosses in the stratton bank, but as a confidence player he needs a run of matches.  If we could formulate the same performace as Walsall all would be good with the world - the most complete performance I've seen in a long while.
red macca

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 09:43:39 »

We were 20 minuites from providing a better performance than walsall on saturday.
McLovin

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 09:58:06 »

I agree, the 451 played in a good atacking manner can work wonders.
fatbury

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 10:23:43 »

no problem as far as I can see .. Roberts out Lukas in
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 10:25:13 »

I dont understand why Lucas hasnt played again? He was dropped because after a string of good performances he needed a rest. But he should be given another chance because it is quite clear our main problem is finishing the chances we create, which Lucas has proved he can do. Its baffled me that he has not been starting.

Our best performance this season was Walsall away and I think thats when we have looked most dangerous. So maybe we should look at trying that system out again. I dont think we play that well in a 4-4-2 and i liked the 4-5-1 allowing Roberts right and Zaboub left to really attack. Lucas up top looked quality and Timlin in the middle of a 4-5-1 will then be able to be far more creative and I think this is when we see the best of him.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2007, 12:24:15 »

Quote from: "Give_us_an_S"
I dont understand why Lucas hasnt played again? He was dropped because after a string of good performances he needed a rest. But he should be given another chance because it is quite clear our main problem is finishing the chances we create, which Lucas has proved he can do. Its baffled me that he has not been starting.

Our best performance this season was Walsall away and I think thats when we have looked most dangerous. So maybe we should look at trying that system out again. I dont think we play that well in a 4-4-2 and i liked the 4-5-1 allowing Roberts right and Zaboub left to really attack. Lucas up top looked quality and Timlin in the middle of a 4-5-1 will then be able to be far more creative and I think this is when we see the best of him.

He has been playing constantly in the u18's.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: