Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1276097 times)
DMC

« Reply #5700 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:09:14 »

Well that looks proper shithouse.
Was there an apology? i missed that
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5701 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:12:53 »

Was there an apology? i missed that
There was a 'clarification' article, but from what I could gather, it changed nothing from the existing article as what they were asked to clarify was in the existing article.

Was being asked to double down on Clem not being involved two months prior to the liquidation.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23772519.clarification-story-swindon-town-owner-clem-morfuni/
DMC

« Reply #5702 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:14:16 »

Just seen, clarification which is a bit different

Rightfully they are getting asked all sorts and being held to account but tbf off the back of that story we have seen people having meltdows saying he owed them the money and the club is at risk so can't blame them on that one
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5703 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:17:03 »

The obvious question is - if he was neither involved nor owner before it went into liquidation, who was? Was the business sold as a going concern 2 months before it shut? Fat chance of that.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5704 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:18:35 »

The obvious question is - if he was neither involved nor owner before it went into liquidation, who was? Was the business sold as a going concern 2 months before it shut? Fat chance of that.

Hey, that's enough of that uninformed speculation!

Cheesy

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5705 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:24:43 »

I’m not saying questions don’t need asking but some statements like this one just don’t add up.

Clem apparently leaves company 2 months before it goes bust so what was the company’s status during that 2 months.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5706 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:37:09 »

I’m not saying questions don’t need asking but some statements like this one just don’t add up.

Clem apparently leaves company 2 months before it goes bust so what was the company’s status during that 2 months.

Which is precisely why people have been raising "concerns" - it seems at least a little odd, at worst pretty dodgy and could see him held responsible by the authorities locally.  Even if the latter is true, it still doesn't directly impact STFC - it just builds a little bit of a story that undermines the perception he tried to build about his ownership ethos and chips away at any thoughts he may be able to continue financing much more than survival.

The stupid thing, is if we didn't have Zav anywhere near the place, the rest of the stuff could all have been explained away ahead of them happening and garnered actual support from the fanbase.  IT could have galvinised the supporters behind him as someone whop had chucked what he had at the club to save it, sought other investors to help him out, tried to find ways of running a tight ship etc.  Instead, he's managed to create an air of Nixon about him - finding a significant crime is tough, but the cover up has to be about something, right?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5707 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:38:14 »

And you told us all that Power doing this was reason enough to be angry at his potential involvement some 10 years ago or so.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5708 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:39:26 »

Clem Morfuni boards his helicopter having sold the club to Chris Kiely.

"I am not a crook!"

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5709 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:41:55 »

Power was a serial offender - 17 bankruptcies - and by the sounds of most of them a calculated way of him doing business.

AFAIK Clem isn’t in that sort of class plus I don’t know if the rules are different in Oz. In the States it’s almost a badge of honour to have been made bankrupt!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5710 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:43:25 »

Clem Morfuni boards his helicopter having sold the club to Chris Kiely.

"I am not a crook!"
Could have been more up to date and used Sleepy Joe, but I get your drift.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5711 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:46:01 »

Could have been more up to date and used Sleepy Joe, but I get your drift.

RobertT made reference to 'an air of Nixon.' Unless he meant Alan...?!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5712 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:51:31 »

I think the thing I'm toying with/finding hard to balance is how much of this is usual football business and business in general. Openness and transparency is good but if people aren't appropriately well-informed what is normal or not-normal practice, is it sometimes that people make a bigger thing out of things that aren't a big deal? I'm not at all being a happy clapper and I think the club has a lot of dodgy ongoings to answer for, but in general terms are there things which are worrying fans which are a bit of a non-story at times?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5713 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:54:10 »

Power was a serial offender - 17 bankruptcies - and by the sounds of most of them a calculated way of him doing business.

AFAIK Clem isn’t in that sort of class plus I don’t know if the rules are different in Oz. In the States it’s almost a badge of honour to have been made bankrupt!

This is his second since involved with us - UK one and now Aus, plus the new UK one has had a Winding-Up order served against it 4 months ago (as yet undecided).  The second one was the original company (I think) and looks like it was a similar exit to Powers at his printing company, where it went belly up after he left.  It's still, very possibly, a legitimate business strategy.  I mean, some people get fucked over who did business with him, but the law is the law.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5714 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 11:59:00 »

I think the thing I'm toying with/finding hard to balance is how much of this is usual football business and business in general. Openness and transparency is good but if people aren't appropriately well-informed what is normal or not-normal practice, is it sometimes that people make a bigger thing out of things that aren't a big deal? I'm not at all being a happy clapper and I think the club has a lot of dodgy ongoings to answer for, but in general terms are there things which are worrying fans which are a bit of a non-story at times?

Definitely a chunk of truth in this. Even if Clem was going bust, that isn't a crime. You could even feel sorry for the bloke.

As I say, a lot of this boils down to why/what are they trying to cover up. None of what they have done makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: