Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon to Rome by Car  (Read 4074 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 2, 2012, 21:12:23 »

OK chaps. Stand down, he's decided that it's to much to expect everyone to run round him for this trip. Pity, I'd rather he goes than others but it's his "disability" and he accepts that those are the breaks.

Just a footnote about "manning up". Firstly I hope it was a joke. Secondly I would not say that to him. Thirdly when you break a leg, you can see physically that there is damage and that an operation and or cast will need to be done to fix it. When someone has a mental broken leg you can't see it can you? So how the fuck do you fix it? Just a thought. Having seen the effects of a mental disorder affecting what you and I would call A normal person like you and me one minute and then a gibbering wreck another for no apparent reason you do realise how fortunate you are. Admittedly his situation is as a result of a few really bad flights in the past and in a way it's not debilitating, annoying for yes, but not debilitating.

Until you have walked in someones shoes for a mile or two don't judge the comfiness of those shoes.

Thanks though to all those who offered advice, much appreciated.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 09:55:51 »

Just a footnote about "manning up". Firstly I hope it was a joke. Secondly I would not say that to him. Thirdly when you break a leg, you can see physically that there is damage and that an operation and or cast will need to be done to fix it. When someone has a mental broken leg you can't see it can you? So how the fuck do you fix it? Just a thought. Having seen the effects of a mental disorder affecting what you and I would call A normal person like you and me one minute and then a gibbering wreck another for no apparent reason you do realise how fortunate you are. Admittedly his situation is as a result of a few really bad flights in the past and in a way it's not debilitating, annoying for yes, but not debilitating.

Until you have walked in someones shoes for a mile or two don't judge the comfiness of those shoes.
Thanks though to all those who offered advice, much appreciated.

Thats a fair point and it can't be underestimated. I had a similar issue and did something about it. There are courses of action to take so it doesn't restrict your ability to live life - I guess it depends how determined you are to overcome these challenges.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 10:05:36 by Bewster » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 09:05:13 »

I live in France you silly old cunt.

Who do you think you are kidding?Huh?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: