Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town's striker bid in balance but club expect embargo to be lifted by tomorrow  (Read 45662 times)
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 01:42:59 »

I guess Bodin has lost his club legend status then?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 01:44:49 »

Are you just posting a stream of conciousness Cocopops?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 05:44:15 »

It's E-Day

18 hours for it to be lifted.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 07:24:32 »

So, in a day when we thought the embargo would be lifted and we would sign Andy Johnson, not only did we not get out of the embargo and sign Andy Johnson (really surprised) but now a Town legend has decided to might sue the club.

Circus FC
kerry red

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 07:27:57 »

I'm beginning not to care, tbh.

Get behind the players, as they seem to be the only ones who still give a shit, quit moaning and get on with the business of getting promotion.

Fuck the lot of 'em!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 07:53:35 »

Get behind the players, as they seem to be the only ones who still give a shit, quit moaning and get on with the business of getting promotion.

Fuck the lot of 'em!

This
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:00:23 »

Fuck the lot of 'em!

Agree and would also add KMac, who has come into a difficult situation and done a great job so far.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:14:34 »

Fuck the lot of 'em!

Agree and would also add KMac, who has come into a difficult situation and done a great job so far.

Both of these are how I am currently feeling.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:32:39 »

So, does anyone think it might actually happen today?

No, me neither.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:38:31 »

I would also like to add my agreement to the last four comments (not Langers' although I do agree with that as well).

A few people seem to have equated not getting any loan signings in with missing out on promotion like it's an indisputable fact. The players we currently have, have got us into second in the table with 7 games to go, which is not a lot of games.

Yes, of course I would have preferred it if the unmentionable had been lifted and we had got a few in (maybe we still will but I won't hold my breath). Not getting anyone in does not mean it has to be a doomsday scenario though.

As has been said, absolute fair play to the players and KM. Hopefully they will use this bollocks as motivation and will create a siege mentality to get through those 7 games undefeated. Come the fuck on Town...us against the World!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:40:20 »

My only concern is the strength in depth. Have we got enough players who are good enough if someone gets injured?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:42:24 »

A few people seem to have equated not getting any loan signings in with missing out on promotion like it's an indisputable fact. The players we currently have, have got us into second in the table with 7 games to go, which is not a lot of games.

Yes, of course I would have preferred it if the unmentionable had been lifted and we had got a few in (maybe we still will but I won't hold my breath). Not getting anyone in does not mean it has to be a doomsday scenario though.

As has been said, absolute fair play to the players and KM. Hopefully they will use this bollocks as motivation and will create a siege mentality to get through those 7 games undefeated. Come the fuck on Town...us against the World!

Absolutely. These players have shown plenty of times that they are more than capable of taking us up.

Even if we don't go up, I would still be feeling very confident for next season with KMAC in charge, espescially after he has a pre season with the team.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:55:43 »

At least if it doesn't happen in the next 24 hours or so then people can have their initial tantrum and then we can all accept and get on with the rest of the season.

It's the hope of strengthening that has been frustrating. Andrew Johnson, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Danny Green, Marlon Pack and the Spurs academy have all been named. I don't think I'd be that bothered if I didn't know the calibre (at L1 level) of targets.

MacDonald has rallied the players well. Three really tough away games coming up after Oldham though... Good luck to all!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:57:29 »

My only concern is the strength in depth. Have we got enough players who are good enough if someone gets injured?
Clearly, that could be a problem, hence why it would have of course been preferable to get some signings in. So yes, we will need a little bit of luck in that respect. I think we could get away with the odd 'youth' thrown in here and there though. We do also have experience in reserve in the shape of De Vita, Devera and L Rooney. I also think you have a player, in Louis Thompson, who was given next to no chance by Di Canio, who can come in and do a more than adequate job so KM does have options. Two of the promotion campaigns that stand out in my mind are 89/90 under Ardiles and 09/10 under Wilson. In both seasons, the starting XI barely changed from week to week in the second half of the season so for me, you really don't want to be changing the team around right now any way. If changes are enforced, I think we just about have enough to squeak through, once again bearing in mind that it's now only seven games to go.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:58:12 »

Has BWP actually scored for Brentford yet? I didn't notice if he has.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: