Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would it be the end of the world?  (Read 3055 times)
Melksham Red

« on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 16:39:50 »

If we do sell Super Sam.

As long as AK is given a good chunk to strengthen the squad in the right areas, with his scouting abilities we could end up with a stronger all round squad.

Thoughts?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 16:43:34 »

i was thinking the same, but then i thought the board will be reluctant to give us wages for more than 2 players (especially if they are decent). That means a replacement for parkin and one other player which knowing king will be another striker as well.
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 16:56:37 »

I honestly dont think it would be.

Assuming he went for £500k (optimistic i know given our track record of giving our best players away on the cheap)  £350k could be put aside to help secure the future of the club / pay creditors / improve the pitch.

That would obviously leave £150k for King to spend. I'm pretty confident that we could get a much needed midfield general and another Striker for that, which knowing Kingy would be good for that kind of money.

I doubt new players wages would be that much of a problem, unless they were asking for silly money. Parkin must be our highest earner £1500 - £2000 a week?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 18:01:11 »

Yes, it defintely would be the end of the world and I would definitely kill myself.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 18:02:14 »

thought you might OST. oh well!

well, dunno, King would be able to bring in someone decent, but i would still prefer Super...Sammy.... Parkin!!!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 18:29:49 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Yes, it defintely would be the end of the world and I would definitely kill myself.

Do you really need to kill yourself if the world has ended?
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 18:30:47 »

Yes, Swindon would be finished for the forseeable future.

We are that dependant on the guy.
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 19:07:50 »

I think we'd be doomed, doomed I say.

Take him away this season and we are 13 goals short and a fair few assists in the mix as well.

That would leave us with a negative goal difference of 10 and only two clubs outside of the relegation zone have that sort of figure, Port Vale and Torquay.  The former kept out of trouble by decent home form while the latter is only 2 points above danger.

There is no other player contributing to goals in the team.  Chubby chaser is 2nd on 5 while only a departed loan player in Darius Henderson follows him.

I felt Rory might become a staple 10-15 goals a season man but he hasn’t looked like producing the goods while Roberts looks to be a useful striker, when chances have permitted he doesn’t look like being anything on the scope of Sam.

What’s worse is that any transfer fee we receive is guaranteed to be eaten by the clubs debts.  We are apparently losing between £750,000 and £1 million (if you believe the club in the absence of any accounts that is) a season and are continuing to operate only because of a considerable loan from St Mowden.

If King is given even 50K he will be hard pushed to get anything close to the standard of Parkin and in my opinion without his talisman King won’t last outside of 6 months.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 19:09:09 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Do you really need to kill yourself if the world has ended?

Good point.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 19:10:23 »

It's remarkable (I'm not disagreeing by any means Daz) but basically it can be interpreted as the departure of Mr Sam prior to a promotion- he's only one man- could lay a major major part in the windong up of Swindon Town Football Club

Doom and gloom eh
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 19:17:04 »

if we did go up (maybe not this season) and sam left then, we would be equally fucked. Not much point in going up now is there? (from fans perspective, not monetary)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:47:37 »

Not the end of the world, just the end of any prospects of promotion for a few more seasons.
spacey

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 23:17:26 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Yes, Swindon would be finished for the forseeable future.

We are that dependant on the guy.

You're such a drama queen, dave.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/monkeyboots/shocked.jpg
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 23:18:36 »

:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 23:27:57 »

jase, you're fucking brilliant
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up