Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is a thread for moaning about refugees and stuff.  (Read 50266 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:07:04 »

Hi. I know there is already a thread for this, but I'd like to make sure everyone understands where we're at.

Firstly, I have been liaising with Barnsley FC and their directors have decided against displaying a banner within the stadium, nor on their property. I understand why they have come to this decision, but it is a shame.

Secondly, Swindon Town fans have made themselves heard. I told myself when I started this that I’d only do it if there was a mixture of positive and negative responses from our community I’d still do it, but the outcry of anger over the subject has led me to the decision below.

The day itself. This is my compromise to keep all parties happy.

We will be getting photos with the banner somewhere outside the ground to still be a part of the @RefugeesEFL campaign. This was a compromise suggested by a lot of fans and some officials.

If you share the views that we need to show our support for the refugees I’d love to have as many there to be a part of it. Thanks to this campaign, Swindon Town fans have raised over £200 to help the refugees and of this I am very proud.

Finally, I have received a lot of personal abuse and ridiculous accusations (that I won’t be dignifying with responses) from a few since taking part in this campaign which were very unexpected. So it's a shame that some in our community have resorted to this.

Now let's move past this and support the Town! Oxford away is coming up, they've been putting together a huge display for the derby and we'll hopefully put one on to put them in their place. Donate below:

gofund.me/stfcdisplays

Cheers,
Jay
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:26:24 by JayBox325 » Logged

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
EldeneRed

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:11:28 »

Hi. I know there is already a thread for this, but I'd like to make sure everyone understands where we're at.

Firstly, I have been liaising with Barnsley FC and their directors have decided against displaying a banner within the stadium, nor on their property. I understand why they have come to this decision, but it is a shame.

Secondly, Swindon Town fans have made themselves heard. I told myself when I started this that I’d only do it if there was a mixture of positive and negative responses from our community I’d still do it, but the outcry of anger over the subject has led me to the decision below.

We will be getting photos with the banner somewhere outside the ground to still be a part of the @RefugeesEFL campaign. This was a compromise suggested by a lot of fans and some officials.

If you share the views that we need to show our support for the refugees I’d love to have as many there to be a part of it.

Finally, I have received a lot of personal abuse and ridiculous accusations (that I won’t be dignifying with responses) from a few since taking part in this campaign which were very unexpected. So it's a shame that some in our community have resorted to this.

Now let's move past this and support the Town! Oxford away is coming up, they've been putting together a huge display for the derby and we'll hopefully put one on to put them in their place. Donate below:

gofund.me/stfcdisplays

Cheers,
Jay

It was very brave of you to stand for something like this Jay. Even though it's something I haven't taken much part in at all, you have my respect.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:19:34 »

It was very brave of you to stand for something like this Jay. Even though it's something I haven't taken much part in at all, you have my respect.

Cheers mate. For every one person being horrible to me over it, there's been two or three that have been absolute legends.

Combe Down

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:24:49 »

A sensible decision by Barnsley, and a mature decision by that twink from Bath. I personally will not support the motive behind the banner but it is a reasonable compromise. You'll go far.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:27:03 »

A sensible decision by Barnsley, and a mature decision by that twink from Bath. I personally will not support the motive behind the banner but it is a reasonable compromise. You'll go far.

You reminded me to add in a bit about how we raised £200 because of it. This was the motive. Smiley

Cheers.

Panda Paws

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:28:21 »

Although it's not something I particularly wanted to be involved in either way, I'm pretty appalled at the negative fan reaction, and even more disappointed in the stance Barnsley have taken.

Personally wouldn't have mentioned it to them at all.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:36:17 »

Although it's not something I particularly wanted to be involved in either way, I'm pretty appalled at the negative fan reaction, and even more disappointed in the stance Barnsley have taken.

Personally wouldn't have mentioned it to them at all.

I wasn't going to but the Wiltshire Police on Twitter guy saw it and raised it with them so I kind of had to. Hmmm... Either way, this is better than some of our fans drunkenly assaulting us for holding it up.

Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:39:31 »

I wasn't going to but the Wiltshire Police on Twitter guy saw it and raised it with them so I kind of had to. Hmmm... Either way, this is better than some of our fans drunkenly assaulting us for holding it up.

Wow, what a busy bastard.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:40:17 »

If you share the views that we need to show our support for the refugees I’d love to have as many there to be a part of it. Thanks to this campaign, Swindon Town fans have raised over £200 to help the refugees and of this I am very proud.

gofund.me/stfcdisplays

Cheers,
Jay

Bloody hell, a press release are you also planning a press conference - perhaps the advertiser could photograph you crying into the part completed banner - it would give them something to report!*

I am just glad we didn't have all this banner stuff when that old lady was trapped by the mattress, it could have got way out of hand!

* I am joking
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:42:25 »

Bloody hell, a press release are you also planning a press conference - perhaps the advertiser could photograph you crying into the part completed banner - it would give them something to report!*

I am just glad we didn't have all this banner stuff when that old lady was trapped by the mattress, it could have got way out of hand!

* I am joking

Cheers for the asterisk. That's at a similar level to the stuff on the Facebook group so my 'joking or not'-o-meter is a bit off.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 16:49:23 »

Cheers for the asterisk. That's at a similar level to the stuff on the Facebook group so my 'joking or not'-o-meter is a bit off.

I don't know, its the best news one of them has received all day - that poor lad must lead a very shitty or dull life!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:03:35 »

I don't know, its the best news one of them has received all day - that poor lad must lead a very shitty or dull life!

Bit special some of them
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:11:21 »

He also followed it up with "No to Refugees!" which is nice of him. He's right. There should be no refugees anywhere. Everyone should have a home.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:29:06 »

It's a shame, but I understand your decision.   You've done well (and not just on this) and I'd still be good to meet up, although now before the game.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 10, 2015, 17:30:13 »

I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned yet... I was just having a re-read...

What the actual fuck.

* Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 18.29.15.png (37.68 KB, 286x100 - viewed 346 times.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: