Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norwich wearing white...  (Read 4765 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 16:22:18 »

...I can't be the only person who gets really pissed off at this sort of thing. If I go to see a game between Swindon Town and Norwich City I expect to see a team in red and white vs a team in yellow and green. Similarly, Slave Traders vs Newcastle should be red and white vs black and white and not some yellow abomination as witnessed yesterday.

Obviously, when two teams have the same colours one has to change (on a side note, how is that a colour 'clash'? How can red 'clash' with red, or blue with blue?) and I suppose the reason for teams wearing their away strip is that it saves the home one getting worn out. Surely though, teams at this level can afford a couple of sets of home kit?

Norwich who wear yellow, turned up at our place in white, whereas Leeds who obviously wear white, wore yellow! The world's gone mad! Actually, Leeds is about the one away kit I will tolerate even if there is no colour clash as I associate that with them almost as much as the all white. Norwich NEVER used to wear their away kit though. At most it would be once a season if they happened to be in the same division as, say, Wolves or Hull. If I went to a Celtic game and they were wearing that flourescent gear that road sweepers and cyclists wear instead of green and white hoops I would walk out. It would not be Celtic.

I realise I probably am suffering from some kind of OCD related mental disorder but this REALLY pisses me off! I bet it's not just me either.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 16:23:46 »

I realise I probably am suffering from some kind of OCD related mental disorder but this REALLY pisses me off! I bet it's not just me either.
No, me too. Although that probably makes the OCD disorder thing more, rather than less, likely
dell boy

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 16:24:30 »

Went to the game with a couple of Norwich fans yesterday, asked them the same thing, why are you playing in white?
Answer we are contracted to play so many games in the reserve kit and Swindon was one of those games.
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 16:43:41 »

Its a joke. But we are as guilty as anyone. It was a joke we played in blue at Fulham, it was a massive day for the club and we should have been playing in our club colours. On the anniversary of the 1969 win we played in black (probably the shittest Swindon kit I can ever remmember) and let McDons play in red.

Before you ask other clubs what the hell is going on we have to look at ourselves. But no you are certainly not alone.

When you are trying to remmember old games, one of the most powerful memories is the colour of the shirts. Without the aide of club colours I think home football league games have become more forgettable. In my view it cannot be worth it, whatever the club is getting from the kit sponsors.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 16:46:25 »

We should all get one of these:
[url width=500 height=400]http://www.wsc.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/1b320029aa30c0f488205782ee754680.jpg[/url]
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 17:13:12 »

Its a joke. But we are as guilty as anyone. It was a joke we played in blue at Fulham, it was a massive day for the club and we should have been playing in our club colours. On the anniversary of the 1969 win we played in black (probably the shittest Swindon kit I can ever remmember) and let McDons play in red.

Before you ask other clubs what the hell is going on we have to look at ourselves. But no you are certainly not alone.

When you are trying to remmember old games, one of the most powerful memories is the colour of the shirts. Without the aide of club colours I think home football league games have become more forgettable. In my view it cannot be worth it, whatever the club is getting from the kit sponsors.
Indeed, two excellent examples Spencer which I would have used if I had thought of them at the time. I also really hate the way we have changed our kit every single season since about 2003. It is tacky and horrible and I happen to quite like this season's kit. I hope we keep it for next season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 17:13:53 »

We should all get one of these:
[url width=500 height=400]http://www.wsc.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/1b320029aa30c0f488205782ee754680.jpg[/url]
Aye lad, put me down for one of those - Modern football is crap - FACT!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 17:57:13 »

Went to the game with a couple of Norwich fans yesterday, asked them the same thing, why are you playing in white?
Answer we are contracted to play so many games in the reserve kit and Swindon was one of those games.

No the answer is, that we've got to plan x amount of games in our away kit to justify ripping our fans off...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:13:02 »

No the answer is, that we've got to plan x amount of games in our away kit to justify ripping our fans off...
And for the 108th time, no-one forces fans to buy replica kits, much less buy the home, away and "reserve" kit. Caveat emptor and all that...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:42:24 »

I want one of them T Shirts.....wheres the link??

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 20:05:29 »

This thread has made me want to turn up to my next game with a home made, knitted red & white scarf, a similarly crafted bobble hat and a rattle.

Agree with every word of Ooh Shaun's post.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 20:46:31 »

You think that's bad, David James had to wear blue shorts on saturday because his 'normal' black ones clashed with Hulls!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 21:03:33 »

It was for the colourblind supporters.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 23:13:08 »

I want one of them T Shirts.....wheres the link??
http://www.wsc.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,148/category_id,10/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,67/

I also quite like "Stuff yer Superleague" and "At least you tried"
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 19:01:43 »

I have 'Stuff your superleague'.  The old fashioned one's good, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: