Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5th Test-Sydney  (Read 8245 times)
Spud

« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 19:55:52 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
we had 8 or 9 umpiring shockers in this ashes series which can absolute knock the stuffing out of you. Andrew strauss had 3 of the worst shockers all giving out by the worst umpire in the business in my opinion Rudi Koertzen. 3 more at melbourne by Koertzen where Hoggard had Hayden out twice LBW and Panesar had Hayden out aswell. We did not play well i am not making excuses we were dreadfull. Pundits on Guardian Unlimited Podcast said that Strauss luck is more like Damien Martyn luck in the Ashes of 05 which was Shocking.

Oh come on you can't blame the umpiring decisions for the fact that the English team were under prepared and totally outplayed by Australia.

The Australians had some shockers go against them when we won the Ashes here.

At the end of the day we should have went from India straight to Australia instead of coming home for 8 days, if any players don't like it then put someone in who is prepared to play for his Country.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 20:08:19 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
we had 8 or 9 umpiring shockers in this ashes series which can absolute knock the stuffing out of you. Andrew strauss had 3 of the worst shockers all giving out by the worst umpire in the business in my opinion Rudi Koertzen. 3 more at melbourne by Koertzen where Hoggard had Hayden out twice LBW and Panesar had Hayden out aswell. We did not play well i am not making excuses we were dreadfull. Pundits on Guardian Unlimited Podcast said that Strauss luck is more like Damien Martyn luck in the Ashes of 05 which was Shocking.

Oh come on you can't blame the umpiring decisions for the fact that the English team were under prepared and totally outplayed by Australia.

The Australians had some shockers go against them when we won the Ashes here.

At the end of the day we should have went from India straight to Australia instead of coming home for 8 days, if any players don't like it then put someone in who is prepared to play for his Country.

I am not. They should of gone straight ti oz after the champs trophy and should of played a proper 4 day first class match. Those umpiring decisions could of swayed the game but they may have not. Were underprpared and total outclassed and outplayed by the better team.
lebowski

« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 20:23:10 »

i honestly dont think those 8 days would have made a damn bit of difference.
Spud

« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 20:50:27 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

Of course they would have, we could have played a competitive first class game against an Australian State side instead of the crappy 14 a side 3 day game.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 21:05:41 »

Of course they would have, we could have played a competitive first class game against an Australian State side instead of the crappy 14 a side 3 day game.

and against Western Australia in a 2 day game.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 5, 2007, 21:07:18 »

You could argue that one of the major factors of us winning the ashes 2 years ago was key umpiring descisions going in our favour. Its swings and roundabouts.

Things get better but they never get good
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 6, 2007, 21:47:08 »

and against Western Australia in a 2 day game.

That game was a bit of a shocker for me,thought i'd seen Read hit the winning runs Cheesy Only for him to carry on batting,really didn't know what the fuck was going on  Shocked  Really pointless playing a two innings game over just two days :roll:

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: