Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you think we'll finish?  (Read 20128 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:58:35 »

I'm gonna be cautious this year after predicting an automatic promotion place for us last year!

I'd be happy just to get into the playoffs - I'll be well chuffed if we got promoted via that random free for all,  I can't see us getting automatic for some reason, but it'll be a brilliant achievement if we did.

Anything else would be a colossal failure IMHO
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 07:28:38 »

Good to see some one of the nations leading broadsheets doesn't realise 3 teams go up automatically from league 2. God I hope Crawley fall flat on their face.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-two/8678817/League-Two-season-preview-guide-Paolo-Di-Canio-brings-glamour-but-can-Crawley-prosper.html
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 07:45:57 »

Haha good spot. That article does have one of the better predictions for this season I've seen though:

Touchline ban for Di Canio after bringing himself on in a suit.

On a serious note, one of the reasons for hiring di Canio is already bearing fruit as we have had heavy coverage in most of the season previews I've seen so far. The extra media interest in the club can only be good, and imagine if we are going well in the league we'll end up with two or three games on Sky this season as well.
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 09:15:22 »

Interesting analysis on this blog

Were predicted to finish top  Grin

http://www.the-football-blog.co.uk/league-two-preview-20112012
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 09:18:29 »

Better than this blog

Below mid table, pah!
woolster

« Reply #125 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:06:40 »

Good to see some one of the nations leading broadsheets doesn't realise 3 teams go up automatically from league 2. God I hope Crawley fall flat on their face.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-two/8678817/League-Two-season-preview-guide-Paolo-Di-Canio-brings-glamour-but-can-Crawley-prosper.html
Disliked and envied in equal measure by fans of the other clubs in League Two, Crawley Town and their controversial manager Steve Evans are widely being tipped for more success this season  Smug Fuck Off
Following their march to the Conference title in the last campaign, the Red Devils, dubbed the ‘Manchester City of the lower leagues’ have signed players with the talent capable of elevating the club to even greater heights
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:16:03 »

He's called Crawley a dark horse when they're extremely short priced favourites. What?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 11:03:09 »

Bradford.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 12:25:52 »

Bradford.

Shithole.

(Look at the camera and say bluuuuugh)
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 12:55:51 »

You won't do very well relative to the expectations on here.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 12:58:25 »

Wouldn't be a first.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 13:03:50 »

You won't do very well relative to the expectations on here.

Expectations are bound to be relative, for example we finished 3rd in Div 4 05/06, the Council offered the club an open top bus tour of the town, which was turned down on the basis that finishing 3rd in Div 4 although welcome, wasn't really that exciting....whereas I believe your lot had an open top bus for finishing 3rd in the Conference.
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 13:12:15 »

Expectations are bound to be relative, for example we finished 3rd in Div 4 05/06, the Council offered the club an open top bus tour of the town, which was turned down on the basis that finishing 3rd in Div 4 although welcome, wasn't really that exciting....whereas I believe your lot had an open top bus for finishing 3rd in the Conference.

Yes. We've had a pretty good run at Wembley recently. We got lucky though....the pitch was apparently in better nick than when you last visited.

I've compared the run of the turf and the it was rather unfortunate in your case  Crying

You'll notice in the video above thousands of people who consider themselves advocates of fine turf ahead of football. You'll see their reaction to the true run of the ball is almost instant.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 5, 2011, 13:16:11 by Alessandro » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #133 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 13:45:04 »

Yes. We've had a pretty good run at Wembley recently. We got lucky though....the pitch was apparently in better nick than when you last visited.

I've compared the run of the turf and the it was rather unfortunate in your case  Crying

You'll notice in the video above thousands of people who consider themselves advocates of fine turf ahead of football. You'll see their reaction to the true run of the ball is almost instant.

The grass was nicer here i thought

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 13:53:24 »

hopefully after the 21st all these poxford fans will fuck off with their tails between their legs.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: