Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SA-England First Test  (Read 17047 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 16:20:37 »

Too close for comfort.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 16:22:10 »

Colly you god

Agreed. A very similar innings to his one in Cardiff in the first test, and a very similar conclusion in the end. Lets hope that's an omen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 17:04:50 »

Good test, and although a bit hairy we did save it, which was more than I expected.

Think we have to gamble on 5 bowlers, for the next game, although I can see them picking Wright or Bresnan for Bell.
DMR

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 17:49:26 »

Bresnan is a bowler Reg... a damn good one at that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 18:47:07 »

Bresnan is a bowler Reg... a damn good one at that

Bresnan can bat though...he has scored first class hundreds. Is he actually in SA, I've forgotten who we picked.  I suppose if a pitch looked like it might turn, then Rashid could get a game at some point.
DMR

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 18:53:16 »

I made that point about his batting a couple of days ago Reg, I don't really understand your point? Seemed to me you were putting Bresnan's bowling on a par with Luke Wrights.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 19:12:40 »

I made that point about his batting a couple of days ago Reg, I don't really understand your point? Seemed to me you were putting Bresnan's bowling on a par with Luke Wrights.

Having thought it I don't think Bresnan is in the tour party anyway...my point is that I think we need 5 front line bowlers, Sidebottom in the past has shown himself to be test standard, but significantly weakens the batting, so I suspect the selectors will err on the side of caution, and pick someone probably Wright, who does a bit of both, but neither to test standard.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 09:26:14 »

We've got Plunkett, Wright or Sidebottom as alternatives, I believe. I think Bresnan was in for the one dayers.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:59:52 »

awesome effort at the end. kp must be feeling like a bit of a twat though.

it'll be interesting to see how both teams line up in the next test. the end of ntini perhaps? i'd be concerned about playing an extra bowler in terms of weakening the batting. but what do i know?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 20:57:14 »

Keep the same team.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 21:13:11 »

Plunkett can bat a bit. Luke Wright I still don't think is test material. He's just likes bashing the ball around hard and then bowls some average pacers. He's good but he's a one day man. I'd go with Plunkett over Bell. Broad is a capable batsman now and so is Swann. So Broad at 7 with Plunkett at 8 or 9.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: