Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40145 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:09:49 »

Over 40% of you have him as your preferred candidate FFS. Lovely atmosphere it'll be in the Town end in a year or so with all the 14 year old chavs givning it the fascist salutes.

fuck it I'm done with this.
Yes because we all started going to church when Hoddle took over didn't we. We all kicked fuck out of a taxi driver when wise took over didn't we. Give the fans more credit than that.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:11:20 »

Yes because we all started going to church when Hoddle took over didn't we. We all kicked fuck out of a taxi driver when wise took over didn't we. Give the fans more credit than that.

Speak for yourself,i always smoked a huge cuban cigar at matches while Kingy was the manager.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:16:17 »

Wish people would stop mentioning crispy and ironside (not that there views are not welcome)

Just the fascism is not necessarily about racism. Mussolini was not a racist and as has been mentioned, Jews were part of the original fascist movement. He was actually tried to stand against Hitlers racist ethics, but was stuck between a rock and a hard place

It's all there on google, what a magnificent thing it is. try using it
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:18:01 by BANGKOK RED » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:18:28 »

In what way can you compare Di Canio's political beliefs with terrorists? I find that absurd.
I'm not, go back and read it properly. I made the comparison between someone who supports fascism and fascists with a hypothetical someone who publicly supports al Qaeda. Both of the things they support/espouse are equally murderous.  Both stances are repugnant. I'd want neither associated with my football club.
Coca Fola

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:19:39 »

I'm not, go back and read it properly. I made the comparison between someone who supports fascism and fascists with a hypothetical someone who publicly supports al Qaeda. Both of the things they support/espouse are equally murderous.  Both stances are repugnant. I'd want neither associated with my football club.
So you're now trying to say that fascism is always murderous?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:22:19 »

Mussolini was not a racist
Erm, he was. He hated Jews, passed anti-Jewish laws persecuting Jews, had Italian Jews rounded up into concentration camps and his own version of the "final solution" would have been to deport every Jew to a remote island. Less murderous than Hitler, perhaps, but hardly a model of race relations

http://www.haaretz.com/news/mussolini-i-ll-build-an-island-and-put-all-the-jews-there-1.4059
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/3597570/In-defence-of-Il-Duce.html

It's all there on google, what a magnificent thing it is. try using it
Like the man said ...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:25:18 »

Wish people would stop mentioning crispy and ironside (not that there views are not welcome)

I was merely suggesting the thread would be a much more interesting read for me if Ironside got in on the act too, given that him and Crispy are probably the only two posters who've ever really gotten under Paul's skin (although it looks as if Coca Fola is getting that way - keep plugging son).

No racial connotations at all.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:31:05 »

I'm sitting in Paul's camp here. As I get older, more miserable and generally insane, I actually start to think what we represent as a club counts for more and the results slightly less.

Lets not kid ourselves - we don't represent success do we (bar a few honourable exceptions and those are pretty modest by the standards of the fucking Premier League big 4 that get shoved down our gizzards)

Right now if someone was able to guarantee promotion with Di Canio in charge I'd still have to think about it - and that's pretty much unheard of for me.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:34:47 »

Erm, he was. He hated Jews, passed anti-Jewish laws persecuting Jews, had Italian Jews rounded up into concentration camps and his own version of the "final solution" would have been to deport every Jew to a remote island. Less murderous than Hitler, perhaps, but hardly a model of race relations

http://www.haaretz.com/news/mussolini-i-ll-build-an-island-and-put-all-the-jews-there-1.4059
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/3597570/In-defence-of-Il-Duce.html
Like the man said ...

You're not getting away with that.

The Manifesto of Race (Italian: Manifesto della razza), sometimes known as the Charter of Race or Racial Manifesto, was a set of laws enacted in Fascist Italy during July 1938. The laws are regarded as antisemitic in nature, stripping the Jews of Italian citizenship and with it any position in the government or professions which many previously held. The manifesto demonstrated the enormous influence Adolf Hitler had over Benito Mussolini, since Italy had become allied with Nazi Germany.[1]
In the sixteen years of Benito Mussolini's dictatorship prior to this, there had not been any race laws; Mussolini had held the view that a small contingent of Italian Jews had lived in Italy "since the days of the Kings of Rome" (a reference to the Bené Roma) and should "remain undisturbed".[1] There were even some Jews in the National Fascist Party, such as Ettore Ovazza who in 1935 founded the Jewish Fascist paper La Nostra Bandiera.[2] The German influence on Italian policy upset the established balance in Fascist Italy and proved highly unpopular to most Italians, to the extent that Pope Pius XII sent a letter to Mussolini protesting against the new laws.[3]
[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifesto_of_Race

You yourself Paul bemoan people who listen to the press without trying to find a balanced view.

The term practice what you preach springs to mind

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:37:08 »

I'm beginning to see what Di Canio is getting at.

Although I conceded to not having all the facts, unlike some.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:37:28 »

Has Di Canio got the job yet
Coca Fola

« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:38:25 »

He probably hasn't even applied.  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:40:08 »

OK, so a bloke who passes a law called "The Manifesto of Race" which asserts the racial superiority of the Aryan "race", strips Jews of their citizenship and denies them access to work, puts Jews in concentration camps, tells his mistress he's been a racist since 1921 (according to the mistress) and (again according to the mistress' diary) says "Those bloody Jews, they should be destroyed ... I'll build an island and put them all there" isn't a racist? Seriously?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:41:15 »

His Mistress sounds like a right grass.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:41:29 »

The irony is I still suspect he doesn't actually want it anyway - his agent is just using us as a stalking horse to get his name out there for "something better" (coaching staff at West Ham?)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: