Pages: 1 ... 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277854 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8445 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 20:04:27 »

I'd remain somewhat sceptical the club are hiding things.....which given its almost two months and we've not heard fuck all, I'd think you'd agree wouldn't be hysterical?

Not at all, but the point I was making is we want the trust to see the finances & report back, but I don’t think many would be happy unless the trust come back with a negative report.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8446 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 20:28:58 »

and if they come back with a positive report some will wonder if the books were genuine..
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8447 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 21:14:32 »

Did we ever get any sort of official position on the risk/exposure of the Chelsea dealings?  In relation to whether or not funds were indeed channeled into the club, and, I suppose, whether or not we identified any money going the other way?

we know nothing, but what did come out suggest no repayment was needed if we didnt achieve promotion. which sounds just as crazy as the fact that chelsea gave us money in the first place.

power was involved with the club april 2013 and took control december 2013. we did of course play chelsea in the league cup september 2013....

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8448 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 21:25:39 »

I am inclined to agree. I defended the club on far too many occasions in the last couple of years to the extent i have fallen out with members of the club and board as i do think i was lied to at times and it has left a real bad in my mouth. Despite all this i still believe that Clem had/has the right intentions and his hands have been tied by still having the hangers on from the Power days.

That is not me burying my head or making excuses, i am disgusted with the club and have not been since August despite having a season ticket

Welcome back, Dean Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8449 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 21:55:17 »

Welcome back, Dean Wink

Cheesy
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #8450 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 21:58:47 »

Unfortunately, Clem is now in a no win situation regarding the books.

We all know the outcome of this, whatever the findings by the Trust, Clem will be a liar.

The only opportunity he has is to support MF with new players. No other options are available.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8451 on: Monday, November 27, 2023, 22:32:27 »

Quote from: Ginginho
Welcome back, Dean Wink

Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8452 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 06:42:52 »

Unfortunately, Clem is now in a no win situation regarding the books.

We all know the outcome of this, whatever the findings by the Trust, Clem will be a liar.

The only opportunity he has is to support MF with new players. No other options are available.

*All that money will have gone on the Outlay to book the bands and accommodation for the concert. Wink

*I've made that up, not a dicky if that's the case Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8453 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 10:16:41 »

Has to be said, the Trusts PR regarding the accounts this has been a shambles.

Even just a simple ‘we have received the accounts and are working through them’ wouldnt go amiss and im sure would alleviate fans concerns a little.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8454 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 10:19:33 »

Even just a simple ‘we have received the accounts and are working through them’ wouldnt go amiss and im sure would alleviate fans concerns a little.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8455 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 11:07:10 »

The Trust's PR full stop has been a shambles for quite a long time now. I have a lot of sympathy for them as volunteers who were geared up for a positive relationship with an upwardly mobile club and have now found themselves as a focal point for fan frustration and a deteriorating relationship with the owners, but they're not exactly keeping members in the loop on anything, apart from a statue which at this point looks rather like a deckchair on the Titanic.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8456 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 11:15:31 »

The Trust's PR full stop has been a shambles for quite a long time now. I have a lot of sympathy for them as volunteers who were geared up for a positive relationship with an upwardly mobile club and have now found themselves as a focal point for fan frustration and a deteriorating relationship with the owners, but they're not exactly keeping members in the loop on anything, apart from a statue which at this point looks rather like a deckchair on the Titanic.

Yes they are volunteers... but they volunteered!

They are taking people's money. For what?

How much is there in the Community Fund? How much has been spent?

Have you voted on the annual County Ground business plan?

Have you had the chance to provide feedback through regular surveys?

Certain people there railroaded Clem's takeover and silenced dissenting voices.

We are told that the ground purchase is a good thing. I think we are yet to see how the ownership structure affects the likelihood of a potential takeover.

Never forget: "We know who you are." From a Supporters' Trust?! Disgraceful stuff.

They avoid all questions on social media.

Wholesale changes needed at the Trust ASAP.

("WhY DOnt YoU volUNteeR if YoU CARe so MuCH?")
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8457 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 11:29:42 »

They did, but I think it's fair to say the job they volunteered *for* looked very different 10 months ago when they last stood for re-election - at that point it was finishing the sale of the CG and supporting an upwardly mobile club. In the same way that many of us as fans have less interest when we're doing poorly and things feel a bit grim off the pitch, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them - not all - feel the same. We'll see who sticks around come the next AGM I guess.

And I think it's pretty likely that there is some internal conflict within the Trust (not itk, I don't speak to any board members regularly) about how hard to go on these things, and when there isn't consensus in the board it can be very difficult to do anything with that sort of organisation.

I'm not saying that I don't largely agree that some of the Trust board members need to take a long look in the mirror, but I understand why they're not the campaigning force that we might like. Certainly I imagine the next AGM could be a bit more interesting than previous ones.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8458 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 11:55:16 »

They did, but I think it's fair to say the job they volunteered *for* looked very different 10 months ago when they last stood for re-election - at that point it was finishing the sale of the CG and supporting an upwardly mobile club. In the same way that many of us as fans have less interest when we're doing poorly and things feel a bit grim off the pitch, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them - not all - feel the same. We'll see who sticks around come the next AGM I guess.

And I think it's pretty likely that there is some internal conflict within the Trust (not itk, I don't speak to any board members regularly) about how hard to go on these things, and when there isn't consensus in the board it can be very difficult to do anything with that sort of organisation.

I'm not saying that I don't largely agree that some of the Trust board members need to take a long look in the mirror, but I understand why they're not the campaigning force that we might like. Certainly I imagine the next AGM could be a bit more interesting than previous ones.

We haven't been 'upwardly mobile' since Jed McCrory rode into town.

As to the second point, the whole MO of a Supporters' Trust is to be there when things aren't going well, which happens regularly at our club, so I'd suggest they haven't really thought it through if they thought they were volunteering for a few years of backslapping and canapes whilst cheering the team to the Championship.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #8459 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 12:08:03 »

They are taking people's money. For what?

How much is there in the Community Fund? How much has been spent?

Have you voted on the annual County Ground business plan?

Have you had the chance to provide feedback through regular surveys?

Certain people there railroaded Clem's takeover and silenced dissenting voices.

We are told that the ground purchase is a good thing. I think we are yet to see how the ownership structure affects the likelihood of a potential takeover.

Never forget: "We know who you are." From a Supporters' Trust?! Disgraceful stuff.

They avoid all questions on social media.

Wholesale changes needed at the Trust ASAP.

("WhY DOnt YoU volUNteeR if YoU CARe so MuCH?")
Every single thing you said there is spot on. Including the last line though, when you are as vocal as you are about these things and as passionate as you clearly are why aren't you doing more than just kicking off online

That really is not a dig but it can't be healthy at all.
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: