Pages: 1 ... 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277885 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7290 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:11:47 »

From Ryan Whelan on twitter:

The fact the club just read and ignored it says everything, nothing but contempt for the supporters.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7291 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:17:52 »

Gave my mate a hand tonight working behind his bar and haven’t had any signal since about 6pm.

Jesus Christ I’ve missed alot haven’t I?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7292 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:22:10 »

I'm actually tempted to go to the Stockport game now, and vent.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:27:11 by 4D » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7293 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:50:18 »

Wow, wow, wow. Am I so glad to have not bought season tickets this year. Also glad I didn’t spend £15 on less than 45 minutes of football because I’d have left before half time.

So, with the ‘revelation’ that we are up for sale it’s now up to the club to deny the ‘accusation’. The longer the silence the more voracity there is to the rumour.

stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #7294 on: Saturday, November 4, 2023, 23:53:35 »

The next owner to come into this club is probably the most important in our history, if we carry on this seemingly constant chain of chancers and charlatans it’s non league here we come. It has to change for all of our sakes.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #7295 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 00:07:58 »

The next owner to come into this club is probably the most important in our history, if we carry on this seemingly constant chain of chancers and charlatans it’s non league here we come. It has to change for all of our sakes.

Well at least the next bunch of miscreants cannot sell SN1 for housing.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #7296 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 00:12:33 »

Unfortunately I do not think much will change. The new owner will have a good track record in business in whatever field they operate in. They will believe they can transfer the skills they have learnt in their business field into running a football club.  They will pump money into Swindon and then there will come a point when they cut their losses as they will realise running a football club is a money pit.

The only way things will change is if some multi millionaire (I mean someone with £200 million plus net worth) wants to take a punt on Swindon.  Then we may end up like Reading or Bristol City or at best Bournemouth or Luton.

It’s a shame football is like this now. Sounds daft but I enjoy supporting Swindon knowing that any given game, they can win, lose or draw regardless of whether they are heavy favourites or big under dogs.  Today was a great example.  

Man City fans for example must expect to win all 19 home games and probably 14-15 away games.  The only buzz they get are champions league quarter/semi finals when they play Real Madrid/Bayern away from home.

Granted the football Man City play is amazing but personally i don’t think you can beat that feeling at 3pm on a Saturday knowing any result in a Swindon game is possible.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7297 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 00:31:08 »

So, with the ‘revelation’ that we are up for sale it’s now up to the club to deny the ‘accusation’.
[/quote
Would you believe Clem if he did deny it? I wouldn't
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #7298 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 01:35:12 »

So, with the ‘revelation’ that we are up for sale it’s now up to the club to deny the ‘accusation’.
[/quote
Would you believe Clem if he did deny it? I wouldn't

Nope.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #7299 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 01:43:55 »

So I have my own Theory on this.It may be controversial and divide opinion. It also may be borderline common sense and based in logic but....

Lets wait and see where the chips lay. The whole player not paid rumor was started on this very forum with the originator saying themselves it was "just a guess"... then a few hours later it makes its way into an news article where the author could potentially make up some bullshit about "knowing" about it before hand just to cover their backs and not look like a dick.

It could be true but it could also be sensationalism to get clicks/likes on some Facebook post.  

If we go on the basis that an AVERAGE that we get 9k attendance a game and then apply the average of £20 a ticket, then we would be earning £180k a game. That's over £4.3m a season on ticket sales alone ((20 x 9,000) x 26)! That's not including drinks/food sales, sponsorships and merch sales. So We could safely say that we there is comfortably $5.5m in sales every season... My question is where is that money going?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7300 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 05:50:35 »

As a fanbase we are that desperate for bad news we’re taking something a journalist said on twitter as the absolute gospel truth FFS. His profession is to make up shit for clicks & likes.

Plus, when is our club not ‘up for sale’? Every owner in my lifetime would have sold the club if the right (…or even wrong) offer came in. Like player sales, every club has its price always has done - the issue is having someone bid.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7301 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 05:52:59 »

So I have my own Theory on this.It may be controversial and divide opinion. It also may be borderline common sense and based in logic but....

Lets wait and see where the chips lay. The whole player not paid rumor was started on this very forum with the originator saying themselves it was "just a guess"... then a few hours later it makes its way into an news article where the author could potentially make up some bullshit about "knowing" about it before hand just to cover their backs and not look like a dick.

It could be true but it could also be sensationalism to get clicks/likes on some Facebook post. 

If we go on the basis that an AVERAGE that we get 9k attendance a game and then apply the average of £20 a ticket, then we would be earning £180k a game. That's over £4.3m a season on ticket sales alone ((20 x 9,000) x 26)! That's not including drinks/food sales, sponsorships and merch sales. So We could safely say that we there is comfortably $5.5m in sales every season... My question is where is that money going?

Average ticket price will be no where near 20.
Try 10 instead.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7302 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 06:07:23 »

Even if was 20 and we were bringing in 180k a game.
…let’s say we 18 professionals on our books earning an average of 2k a week. That’s 36k just on player wages. Home games our only half our games - we’ll earn very little from away games so that 180k would have to cover 2 weeks worth of wages so that’s 72k of it gone - during the season. We still have players to play in June & July when there are no games.

That doesn’t even include the rent for the Ground. Wages of the day to day non playing staff, the match day only staff of stewards & kiosk workers. How ever much we have to pay for Policing presence. St John’s ambulance. Rent we pay for using Beaversbook as our training facility. Like all of us the club will still need to pay for gas, electric, water, broadband. I dread to think how much we spend on electricity just for a game in the winter with the flood lights on. Pitch maintenance (usually done in the summer) any loans we are paying back.

The money would also need to be used to buy in merchandise, food & away tickets (which you’d hope to make back + profit)

So, that’s going to be a chunk of that money.

I still think with season tickets, children, OAPs, Nationwide cheap tickets & Comps you’re looking at closer to £10 a ticket. Drop your maths down to 90k and just player wages will eat into most of that.

So yeah, don’t think getting higher attendances count for much these days. Wrexham certainly aren’t generating their spending power based on their crowds for home games.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 06:09:27 by DiV » Logged
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #7303 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:10:41 »

Whilst now isn’t the time for point scoring, there are plenty of people who have raised valid concerns about the current ownership and been ridiculed/laughed at, I think they’ll feel somewhat vindicated now.

Likewise when the coin turned with the previous ownership. Let’s not act like this has all come out of the blue and shocked us, people have been raising concerns and sharing snippets of worrying news for a while now.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7304 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 08:13:58 »

You never know - this might be exactly how it’s meant to be in Morfuni/Kiely/Z Austin’s eyes. Get the ground, up revenue, pocket some, sell. The non-payment of players speaks volumes about their integrity - I doubt Z Austin has extended the same principle to his own family - but did we really expect anything else from this lot?
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: