Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town look for Devine intervention  (Read 14767 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 09:08:39 »

Is Ward a definite goner? Maybe Jed and Co aldo thought their half baked attempts to get the club captain to stay might also work. "Experience" works both ways - Influential Greer/McCormack/Ward etc Time serving old lag Prutton/Whalley/Rose and co

Well the Adver said he's a goner...and they don't usually stick their neck on the block. So really it's better the devil you know...Ward could be a valuable player next season, and will be hard to replace, if we chose to do so. Of course TAH could come into the equation....we just don't know.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 09:25:37 »

You would imagine they did have an idea he would be going, he still has another year so he can't just go and have talks with other clubs if he feels like it...unless of course he has some sort of clause in his contract.

The policy of making all players available for transfer, is OK insofar as there are some you probably don't expect to shift, due to reasons of crapness JMac, injury TAH, and excessive wage Navarro. Ward at 34 with another year to run, would have been another who you'd be slightly surprised that someone else would offer him 2.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 09:39:51 »

The policy of making all players available for transfer, is OK insofar as there are some you probably don't expect to shift, due to reasons of crapness JMac, injury TAH, and excessive wage Navarro. Ward at 34 with another year to run, would have been another who you'd be slightly surprised that someone else would offer him 2.

That is very true. Although Ward has said himself that he wants to be at a club challenging for things, so would probably want out if he felt that wasn't us. Also for a 34 year old he keeps himself extremely fit and sharp, so a 2 year contract wouldn't be too surprising for him.
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 10:29:30 »

Should have snapped up Peter Divine...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 10:46:48 »

Ward hasn't gone yet. I still have hopes he'll be here next season (however misplaced they are).

I groaned at the headline. Well done whoever wrote that one.
lambourn red

« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 11:35:08 »

Caddis, Ward and Benson along with Jack Barthram all trained plus a number of other trialists hopefully we will get some names later
« Last Edit: Monday, June 24, 2013, 11:38:29 by lambourn red » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 11:44:58 »

One of the trialists is thought to be Adeyinka Talabi who is on Banburys books, there's a picture of him training this morning.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 11:48:05 »

Official STFC have tweeted pics of Caddis, Benno and Jackson (the Samsung winner). Caddis has lost the Freddie mercury soup-strainer, which is a good thing...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 12:00:20 »

Official STFC have tweeted pics of Caddis, Benno and Jackson (the Samsung winner). Caddis has lost the Freddie mercury soup-strainer, which is a good thing...

I can only imagine that Mrs Caddis must be delighted.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:06:21 »

One of the trialists is thought to be Adeyinka Talabi who is on Banburys books, there's a picture of him training this morning.
Could be an interesting "transfer fee" if he signs for Town.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:07:42 »

Did someone say Yinka?  Sad

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:20:12 »

Hope the banbury lad isn't on a trial. Happy enough if Jed is using his connections with both to help the guy in preseason or if its a reward for doing well at Banbury. Can't believe he is really on trial with Benson/Collins/Williams/Storey/Rooney? already there!
DRS

« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:25:33 »

We take players on trial every summer,why does it make a difference now all of a sudden.
kaufman

« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:33:39 »

I can't quite get my head round why the official site is making such a big deal about Caddis coming back into the fold if the club are going to sell him.

It's either a plan to up his price or maybe he's coming back to be part of the team till Jan.

I'm aware it's early days.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:44:54 by kaufman » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 13:50:19 »

We take players on trial every summer,why does it make a difference now all of a sudden.

Probably because we haven't signed anyone yet and people are getting jumpy.

Personally if Caddis comes back and Ward stays, I'll get excited likes it's new signings. I understand Cads has seen the bright lights of Brum and will likely want to go there, but if they can't afford him then why shouldn't he stay on with us another season. Give him back the Captaincy, show him that he's wanted back, and he will make a go of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: