Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: MacDonald expects Caddis in pre-season  (Read 18332 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:18:53 »

I think the " depressive" is what Dosser has down for you

We could have got a mill for Ritchie at one time....it's the nature of dealing, win some, lose some.

All I ever do is try to call it as a I see it...so for example there are those who take exception to comments like...all our players are available for transfer, based on the fact that the club sent round an e-mail to that effect.

No they say...Reg you're just an old fart who should be stabbed...yet here we have no less than KMac saying....“Again, though, if the club gets the right offer for anybody I think anybody’s for sale."

Reg, you 'call it as you see it' based on very selective quotes.

Some like to make out as though we are paupers while seemingly ignoring that 2.4M is a very, very respectable budget for this level. Some like to make out that everything that isn't nailed down is for sale while choosing to ignore the bids we rejected for Caddis and that Flint put in a transfer request before his move..... why would he need to do that if the club were trying to sell him anyway? You are also choosing to ignore that we are apparently trying to not only keep Wes but to extend his contract.

These things don't add up to a club that is selling 'all' of it's players. We are cutting down the wage bill yes but that doesn't mean we will be left with nothing as we will still have a spending power that some other clubs in this league will envy, especially with high earners like Roberts off the payroll.

The fax to clubs saying all players for sale has been well documented along with the reasons for it...... you seem to be selectively ignoring the reasons given. Saying that all players are for sale at the right price is also just a common footballing cliche that applies to the vast majority of clubs and players throughout the country, but then I'm quite sure you know that already,

Things aren't as Rosy as they were this time last year, that much is without question. Providing that Jed et al are who they say they are, however, it does not mean the club is fucked. Far from it.

Muffin Man

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:26:27 »

Excellent post FH, thats hit the nail on the head for me. No need for the utter negativity and doom and gloom, yes its not as good as it was this time last season but we are far from being the League paupers that many of our fans (and those of other clubs who have picked up the negative vibes from Swindon fans) make us out to be.

Cannot disagree with any of that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:41:17 »

Excellent post FH, thats hit the nail on the head for me. No need for the utter negativity and doom and gloom, yes its not as good as it was this time last season but we are far from being the League paupers that many of our fans (and those of other clubs who have picked up the negative vibes from Swindon fans) make us out to be.

Cannot disagree with any of that.

Whilst not being paupers, because the last Board wrote off £10 mill of debt, we do have a top heavy wage bill which needs to be cut..I'd have thought even the most happy of happy clappers would realise that means a few more out of the door, before KMac can start having a good look at what he can play with for the season.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:47:52 »

Who has said that more players won't be leaving?

KMAC and Jed have both said that more will depart and nobody is saying otherwise. Many are even welcoming further departures to free up the budget a bit, so just what is your point exactly Reg?

This 'happy-clapping' shite has to stop as well.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:50:18 »

As does the shouting down people get when they suggest anything other than 'we're going to walk the league'.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:50:25 »

...and the 'apologists' are born!

Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:55:04 »

As does the shouting down people get when they suggest anything other than 'we're going to walk the league'.

I agree Chang.

It has to stop from both sides but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with each other. It's the goading/trolling that gets under my skin as well as others and I happen to know that more than a few valued posters are reluctant to contribute on here because of it (among other things)

I've got more buttons to play with on the TEF now and my inner Nazi is twitching to use them.

Mwahahahaha
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:55:51 »

...and the 'apologists' are born!

Smiley

Ha
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:56:45 »

Who has said that more players won't be leaving?

KMAC and Jed have both said that more will depart and nobody is saying otherwise. Many are even welcoming further departures to free up the budget a bit, so just what is your point exactly Reg?

Ok, we're in agreement here...my point goes back to the poster Doctor, getting slagged off for suggesting that Caddis might go on a season long loan, which given the above admission, seems eminently reasonable.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 17:58:34 »

He wasn't slagged off in the slightest.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:10:05 »

He wasn't slagged off in the slightest.

Suggesting his opinion made "not one iota of sense" sounds like dismisssing an opinion without giving it due consideration, I wouldn't be happy to be to be treated so brusquely.
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:13:12 »

Well then I apologise for suggesting somebody's opinion makes no sense.

Roll Eyes
The_Doctor

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:49:03 »

In other news Lee Cox is also expected at training Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:53:33 »

In other news Lee Cox is also expected at training Smiley

That makes not one iota of sense Wink

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 19:19:27 »

I agree Chang.

It has to stop from both sides but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with each other. It's the goading/trolling that gets under my skin as well as others and I happen to know that more than a few valued posters are reluctant to contribute on here because of it (among other things)

I've got more buttons to play with on the TEF now and my inner Nazi is twitching to use them.

Mwahahahaha
if people are that touchy then that's their business. Where is the goading and trolling? Bit ott innit?

Anyway, 2.4 million keeps being mentioned. What signs are there that sort of money is available?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: