Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Flint submits transfer request  (Read 17571 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 10:54:14 »

Precisely.  They're being bankrolled by Lansdowne...just on a much bigger scale than we were under Black & Wray etc.  And based on results, he's getting a very poor return on his investment.

What was their most recent annual loss?  £14 million rings a bell.

They did get a Windass goal away from the greed league, in which case Landsdowne would have hit the jackpot. So in a sense fair play to te fella for hanging around.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 11:00:05 »

Precisely.  They're being bankrolled by Lansdowne...just on a much bigger scale than we were under Black & Wray etc.  And based on results, he's getting a very poor return on his investment.

What was their most recent annual loss?  £14 million rings a bell.
£14.4 million last year and £11.45 million loss the previous year, and the previous 2 years losses totalling £18.3 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20607144

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 11:03:29 »

They're also the only club I can think of who have made a bigger hash than we have of trying to do something to improve their ground.

Isn't it great being able to properly dislike them again.  I think I've missed them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 11:05:27 »

They're also the only club I can think of who have made a bigger hash than we have of trying to do something to improve their ground.

Isn't it great being able to properly dislike them again.  I think I've missed them.

Aren't Rovers doing a slightly better job? Would be quite funny if they go in opposite directions!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: