Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Flint submits transfer request  (Read 17556 times)
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 15:53:06 »

Everyone is cutting budgets in all walks of life, we should sell when we can, transfer fees is dead money.  I'm sure we can pick up a replacement cheaper.

Plus, we paid 150k on for him, I presume there's a sell-on fee to pay Alfreton?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 16:04:04 »

Fuck him. We take a chance on these players, give them their big break and then they turn round and shit on us.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 16:37:53 »

My bet would be it's going towards the club's income deficit ;-)

There doesn't seem to be interest for TAH etc.

Hardly surprising considering he has spent the majority of the season injured and prior to that was played in midfield and was shit.  Reg mentioned on the other thread that his is long term injury and from what I've heard this is correct.  He's apparently not recovering sufficiently from the op he had and apparently there's no official paperwork to back up the operations that he and Jay Mac had in Italy, so the club aren't 100% sure of what has been done.  Make of that what you will.

I'll be surprised if TAH makes an appearance this side of Christmas if at all.  Meanwhile he continues to collect a substantial wage packet. Marvellous!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 16:39:44 »

I'll be surprised if TAH makes an appearance this side of Christmas if at all.  Meanwhile he continues to collect a substantial wage packet. Marvellous!
He has certainly been making plenty of appearances in Old Town bars.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 16:59:31 »

Heard he has an account in foxies
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 17:01:21 »

Well he certainly likes the new place that opened the other week near Spot.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 17:03:05 »

Our Troy likes bad bitches.
kerry red

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 17:26:11 »

Everyone is cutting budgets in all walks of life, we should sell when we can, transfer fees is dead money.  I'm sure we can pick up a replacement cheaper.

Plus, we paid 150k on for him, I presume there's a sell-on fee to pay Alfreton?

I don't think too many people can argue about us cashing in on a few players.

Most are worried about what standard their replacements will be
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 19:13:09 »

Good L1 defender, ain't going much higher though.... take what we can get

No one is Innocent...
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 23:41:02 »

Get rid for that sort of money. His distribution is horrendous and he has the turning circle of an artic lorry.

That offer is silly money.

This.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 01:29:31 »

I thought we'd have learnt by now selling our better players never turns out to be good business.

Those who think we should sell him (fwiw I think we will soon anyway) will be the first to jump on my back when we're in a relegation scrap and I dare to suggest we shouldn't have sold him like that scottish bloke.

I think Flint will go and we won't replace him. Our defence is going to be worse off without Flint and Devera and that's a mother fucking fact!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 04:10:35 »

Greer was a lot more to us than just a decent defender and likening Flint to him is fucking ridiculous. Devera couldn't cement a central defensive place under 2 different managers. To say our defence will be worse without them and we'll be in a relegation fight without them is a bit silly, especially since we've got over 2 months to look for replacements.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 05:08:54 »

Our defence will be worse next year.

I'm certain and more than happy to put my money where my mouth is.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 05:14:16 »

Our defence will be worse next year.

I'm certain and more than happy to put my money where my mouth is.
You may be right. You may also be wrong. the one thing I do know is that neither player you mentioned are irreplaceable. Whether we do replace them is another question...

It's All Good..............
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 07:09:05 »

I don't think too many people can argue about us cashing in on a few players.

Most are worried about what standard their replacements will be

Not as good I expect?

It's not really feasible that you can expect to attract established players of the same caliber when offering wages at half or less than you were before. The sooner people understand that the better I think.

I don't agree with Reg's outlook on a lot of things but think his view of what we should expect next season is pretty spot on.

Putting aside the board's PR etc and what you think of them, we are going from an ultimately untenable period of massively overspending to cutting our coat according to our cloth. That will most likely mean the squad won't look as good on paper - unless MacDonald turns out to be a wizard in the transfer market or a couple of the kids turn out to be gems.

We enjoyed the ability to keep discarding and signing players on big (for L1) wages while someone was footing the bill and it could have sent us out of business when the money stopped. We have to accept in the short term we have to pay the price for that.

Get the wage bill in line, hope we've got a manager who can get the best out of the youngsters and keep a few old heads around and stay in League 1 next season. Then over a bit of time you can hope a couple of young players come through and do well and build a cheaper squad that can become competitive. I doubt that will happen in one summer though. Even Yeovil - touted as the model of success on a shoestring this season - spent about 7 years between 12th and 18th before getting a team good enough to be promoted.

It's better for the club in the long run, and our crowds should be good enough we're not exactly going to be paupers. But don't have a meltdown if we take a step back before moving forwards as the club undergoes quite a radical shift, and be happy that this is a more sensible course when the likes of Bournemouth come tumbling past us down the leagues when it all blows up in their faces in a few years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: