Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Ferry sets sail at the end of an era  (Read 16970 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 21:57:58 »

Hey! It's not me that's filled this thread with complaints about the club releasing decent players that were signed pre-PDC because we can't afford them due to the allegedly inflated wages of supposedly inferior PDC signed players.

All I did was point out the implications of those complaints. Obviously you disagree and think that Roberts and Navarro are worth every penny we're paying them, but if so you need to take that argument up with the rest of the thread not me.

I simply questioned the soundness of your idea that PDC left us with a squad of ropey old shite.  Unsurprisingly that squad comprised PDC's own signings, PDC introduced youths, PDC loans and Danny Wilson signings he retained.

You now switch "Squad" to mean the PDC signings part of the squad only and imply for good measure that I have an opinion on whether two PDC-signed squad members, Roberts and Navarro, are worth their wages.

Your own advice in this thread that it is wrong to compare what the old board was prepared to fund with what the new board is prepared to fund seems to be ignored in PDC's case.  Was it his job to build a squad that would see an about turn mid-season on the playing budget?

We are where we are, so the interesting points raised (Bruce Chatwin etc) about whether overpaying some players may weaken KMac's hand with an "average budget"  is the one that needs to be a concern to us now - not whether we owe our present position, league and financial to PDC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: