Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio's former coaching staff waiting on Swindon wages  (Read 14364 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 19:29:48 »

They should have just got Graham Turner to mention it within his programme notes.
Class  Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 19:51:42 »

Pay off , wish em luck and fuck off....take a yawn...move on....

Clems Army!
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 19:56:53 »

1 week overdue is nothing. There will have been a lot of fiddling around behind the scenes changing signatories on accounts etc. Non story.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:14:53 »

They are entitled to money that they have earned and if it takes going to the press to get it, then I don't blame them.
Nobody is saying they're not entitled to it (except Tans perhaps) just that it's entirely unnecessary to go about it via the press after a week. The remarks about "cancelling" Paolo's work speaks volumes here, there's more to it than the wages.

1 week overdue is nothing. There will have been a lot of fiddling around behind the scenes changing signatories on accounts etc. Non story.
Indeed. It's not as if there was anything more pressing to do, such as submit the accounts, hire a new manager, etc.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:19:50 »

this soap opera is gonig to run and run.............unfortunately. I'm sad Paolo went. I'm grateful for what he did. Its over and the majority of fans have clearly moved on, the club has moved on ,the players look as though they've moved on. The only ones who haven;t are PdC and co. I wish they would and my well of good wishes is running dry very quickly. PdC and co - keep the memories cool not nitpicking pettiness.
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:24:58 »

this soap opera is gonig to run and run.............unfortunately. I'm sad Paolo went. I'm grateful for what he did. Its over and the majority of fans have clearly moved on, the club has moved on ,the players look as though they've moved on. The only ones who haven;t are PdC and co. I wish they would and my well of good wishes is running dry very quickly. PdC and co - keep the memories cool not nitpicking pettiness.

This was what i was trying to say... Clap

No one is Innocent...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:34:32 »

While i agree that whinging about it after a week is poor(if in fact they did) the fact is they should be paid up straight away.

I for one thought the back up staff did a good job while the shit hit the fan....Tranmere away was a case in point.

Seems to be a lot of people on here ready to knock the previous regime.....all to there own of course but if you buy a club then the first thing you do is pay all staff who are owed money....whether they are still at the club or not.

Many of them were on good money and could still be here picking up easy money....which would have meant an even heftier pay of by the new regime.

What the new regime had to do more pressing is nothing to do with them.....they dont give a fuck anymore and want there money..........just like you would if you were owed money from a previous job.

People make me laugh.......now if it was them who was owed money they would see it in an entirely different light and would be shouting it from the rooftops also.
You may feel it unnecessary Sonic.....but as i say its not you owed it is it.

The new regime have made a great couple of appointments in my opinion in the new number one and two......but still have a long way to go to convince me especially with the news about Nick Watkins also today.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:47:05 »

While i agree that whinging about it after a week is poor(if in fact they did) the fact is they should be paid up straight away.

I for one thought the back up staff did a good job while the shit hit the fan....Tranmere away was a case in point.

Seems to be a lot of people on here ready to knock the previous regime.....all to there own of course but if you buy a club then the first thing you do is pay all staff who are owed money....whether they are still at the club or not.

Many of them were on good money and could still be here picking up easy money....which would have meant an even heftier pay of by the new regime.

What the new regime had to do more pressing is nothing to do with them.....they dont give a fuck anymore and want there money..........just like you would if you were owed money from a previous job.

People make me laugh.......now if it was them who was owed money they would see it in an entirely different light and would be shouting it from the rooftops also.

The new regime have made a great couple of appointments in my opinion in the new number one and two......but still have a long way to go to convince me especially with the news about Nick Watkins also today.

If someone/a previous employer owed me money, I'd either discuss it with them directly or consult someone better versed in legal matters than myself. But that's just my opinion.

What news about Watkins? He was always going to remain on a short-term basis.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:52:40 »

Perhaps they could ask Di Canio for some of that £30,000 he contributed to keep loan players...oh wait...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:52:54 »

Could they not have just called Jed and ask where their money is?

If they did ask then surely Jed would have said it will be sorted. So why go to the press?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 22:14:00 »

They should be paid up to the end of their contracts. It's not their fault that the boss quit.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 22:15:13 »

I saw Paolo in Waitrose in Marlborough at lunchtime today.  He bought some pretzel pieces that were on offer, wisely watching the pennies...

never trust a nun...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 22:15:41 »

They should be paid up to the end of their contracts. It's not their fault that the boss quit.

No but they chose to resign...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 22:19:34 »

then they should be paid up to whatever their notice was.

Which might be to the end of their contracts.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 22:20:01 »

Why should they be paid up to the end of their contracts? If you resign you're entitled to wages up until you leave employment, not up to the end of a contract you didn't honour. It was thier choice to follow di Canio out the door, not the club's.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: