Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCrory reacts to report Di Canio set to sue club  (Read 9806 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:33:39 »

Didn't Ince try it on as well?

I thought he just walked and was one of the good guys?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:36:48 »

If his contract states that player sales must go through him, then it depends on the wording. If it says he must approve them then its a breach. If it says we have to advise him then its probably not. Black says we advised him, PdC says not. I would have thought given the influence of his agent then telling him would be as good as tellnig PdC.
His contract would still have been with the old lot so it may well yet be a slam dunk for PdC.  
We could always counter sue for his breach of contract in walking away. could get messy.
I can't see what he's got to gain. This is one deep felt grudge. I would expect more fans to turn against him. Just walk away Paolo, while some of us still have fond meomories.
fatbasher

« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:37:42 »

You could be right, I have it in mind that Fitton ad to deal with him and he was after £50k or there abouts.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:44:21 »

From him saying he would pay 30k of his own money to keep players, and waive his image rights for us to use top facilities in Italy, which was the behaviour of a passionate, generous person to apparently (it is the Sun so pinch of salt maybe needed) sueing the club that he was so passionate about?

If its true, it will leave a very very bitter taste with the fans here, who supposedly he was so fond of.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:57:21 »

1 Paolo di Canio will ALWAYS pursue a perceived injustice no matter what the consequences.

2 Paolo di Canio's whole life is a repeating story of passionate engagement followed by deep hurt and messy endings.

This is all you need to know.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:05:07 »

I don't believe this at all. Just sounds like the kind of throwaway story based on guesswork a tabloid journalist would come up with. If the Sun knew this was true i'm sure it would have taken precedence over the story of our appointment of a name no-one will recognise rather than a few throwaway lines at the bottom of the article when Di Canio + controversy is click-bait as recent dramas have shown.

I'm not saying it's beyond the realms of possibility, but save your 'cunts' and 'judases' until something concrete emerges.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:07:02 »

Fuck me. This maybe indeed be true but it's in the current bun for fucks sake. How many stories have the nationals actually got right about us in recent weeks?

I'd be annoyed with Paolo for sure if true as there really is no need, but most likely this is bollocks i should imagine.

And yeah Paul Ince is one of the good guys i believe. Just walked away after a couple of games when he realised he couldn't cut it as a player anymore, despite having a contract to the end of the season. Ruddock on the other hand, the fat cunt.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:08:09 »

And yes i think i might have tourettes (having read my post back). Apologies for any offence caused.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:11:38 »

1 Paolo di Canio will ALWAYS pursue a perceived injustice no matter what the consequences.

2 Paolo di Canio's whole life is a repeating story of passionate engagement followed by deep hurt and messy endings.

This is all you need to know.

What I need to know is how exactly you know both those statements to be accurate?

You hated Di Canio, we get it and we don't care, still....
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:12:32 »

I think he just cancelled his playing contract, as he realised he couldn't hack it, but he stayed on doing coaching  until the Macclesfield job came up.

I'd always assumed he'd been tipped the wink that he'd get the job at Macca, and asked the club to cancel his playing contract to simplify the move to take over as manager there.

..never go back.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:15:44 »

outrageous! when you think of all fire fighting and shit sweeping the old board had to do behind paolo?! I hope the mother of all smear campaigns rains down on his head. i'd start by getting tehui in for a nice chat.
Actually, this could be part of just that:
Spin Dr to journo (off the record): "Di Canio's said he's going to sue us, the bastard"
Journo to Di Canio's agent: "Sources are telling us Di Canio's threatened to sue the club, any truth in that?"
Agent playing a straight bat: "Paolo feels very let down and we are investigating whether there was a breach of contract. All avenues remain open"
Back page: "Di Canio preparing to sue former club"

Or it could be Phil Spencer floating a possibility, to see whether they get a bite from the club about a settlement.

Or it could be Di Canio just wanting to derail the new manager announcement with his trademark "Me, me, it's all about me. Look over here, don't look over there, look at me"

In any event, I'd be surprised if there's any real substance to this, any half-decent lawyer would laugh Di Canio out of his office in 5 seconds flat
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:16:19 »

What I need to know is how exactly you know both those statements to be accurate?
Thought you'd read his autobiography?
DMR

« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:17:30 »

You hated Di Canio, we get it and we don't care, still....

Clearly you do
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:18:25 »

Thought you'd read his autobiography?

Nope and even then autobiographies aren't exactly know for heir accuracy are they?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 09:19:23 »

Actually, this could be part of just that:
Spin Dr to journo (off the record): "Di Canio's said he's going to sue us, the bastard"
Journo to Di Canio's agent: "Sources are telling us Di Canio's threatened to sue the club, any truth in that?"
Agent playing a straight bat: "Paolo feels very let down and we are investigating whether there was a breach of contract. All avenues remain open"
Back page: "Di Canio preparing to sue former club"

Or it could be Phil Spencer floating a possibility, to see whether they get a bite from the club about a settlement.

Or it could be Di Canio just wanting to derail the new manager announcement with his trademark "Me, me, it's all about me. Look over here, don't look over there, look at me"

In any event, I'd be surprised if there's any real substance to this, any half-decent lawyer would laugh Di Canio out of his office in 5 seconds flat

Or another option could be that it's 100% made up bollocks by the Sun, in the same way the Mail fabricated the Hoddle, Coppell, Barker story yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: