Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio hits back at recent accusations  (Read 14841 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:55:18 »

So you think Jed is lying then when he says they've tried to contact him and get him back?

Well someone is. Who knows which.

Suppose Jed could have rang someone who failed to ring Paolo.

Who the fuck knows.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:00:40 »

So you think Jed is lying then when he says they've tried to contact him and get him back?

No one is lying.....but i didn't see Jed telling Patey to shut the fuck up when coming out with accusations against Paolo in a CLUB statement.......and fact is fact and the fact is Paolo gave all the new board ample opportunity to show there hand.....instead Jed thought it more appropiate to sit at a forum in front of Banbury fans rather than show his eagerness at keeping the manager here.

His hands being tied by football league rules dosn't wash with me....they had every opportunity to tell Paolo they wanted him here in my view.

No one says Jed is lying.....but even a fool can see that the new regime didn't want him here......i wish the new regime luck because this team can only go one way this season as it stands.
Of course they are new....should be given time and maybe now they are realising that Paolo could still be the man for the job....sadly i feel the words of Black and Patey will mean any hope of this has now vanished.....two men who have shown lately not to have an ounce of Swindon Town FC blood in there veins.

Sorry Flashheart....i think it is a decision the new board will regret big time.....as a Town fan i really hope i am wrong...i really do.

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:03:28 »

THIS....................this new regime should have worked there bollocks off to keep Paolo here......even if it meant doing things they didn't fancy.
Instead they let one of our greatest managers walk off into the Italian sunset..........remember this.
Also Alan fucking Mac whinging they have been playing scared at home.......SO FUCKING WHAT,LOOK AT OUR RECORD MUPPET AND GET ON WITH WHAT YOU ARE PAID TO DO.

Some would have argued the same about Harry redknap at Pompey with even giving a second thought to the destruction he was causing behind the scenes and how his 'success' resulted in their ultimate demise.

Don't get me wrong, he created a fantastic atmosphere for the fans but the reality is his ego took over and he thought he was the centre of the universe and was prepared to destroy the clubs cash cow for his own gain.

In fairness he has installed discipline in the players but hasn't necessarily earnt their respect.

I was Poalos biggest fan but I'm afraid he acted like a chiwawa...
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:06:19 »

No one is lying.....but i didn't see Jed telling Patey to shut the fuck up when coming out with accusations against Paolo in a CLUB statement.......and fact is fact and the fact is Paolo gave all the new board ample opportunity to show there hand.....instead Jed thought it more appropiate to sit at a forum in front of Banbury fans rather than show his eagerness at keeping the manager here.

His hands being tied by football league rules dosn't wash with me....they had every opportunity to tell Paolo they wanted him here in my view.

No one says Jed is lying.....but even a fool can see that the new regime didn't want him here......i wish the new regime luck because this team can only go one way this season as it stands.
Of course they are new....should be given time and maybe now they are realising that Paolo could still be the man for the job....sadly i feel the words of Black and Patey will mean any hope of this has now vanished.....two men who have shown lately not to have an ounce of Swindon Town FC blood in there veins.

Sorry Flashheart....i think it is a decision the new board will regret big time.....as a Town fan i really hope i am wrong...i really do.

Jed has said he has tried to get Paolo back. You are claiming that isn't true.

If it isn't a lie, what is it?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:54:11 »

The huge leap in logic that many people are making that the new board wanted Paolo out is just absolutely absurd.

The only fact we know here is that two people are contradicting the other with regards to attempts to contact Paolo - we really don't have a fucking clue who called who or who didn't.

We do not know that the new consortium allowed Paolo to walk - he announced his resignation, he quit, he came back to clear out his office. None of those actions were forced by anyone else.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:01:17 »

The huge leap in logic that many people are making that the new board wanted Paolo out is just absolutely absurd.
Its far from absurd, just highly improbable. There is no hard evidence to suggest it, but IF they did its not beyond the realms of possibility that the events that have unfolded are contrary to that agenda. Make working conditions tough, don't contact him or make him feel welcome, go on the Twitter charm offensive. Discredit Paolo.

Before you say it, there are as many or more reasons to counter that theory and FWIW:
I'm by no means saying it happened. I sincerely hope Jed is up front and genuine. I have not made my mind up on anything regardig Jed&co, he's been in the job 2 minutes. We wait and see on that front. Paolo most definitely brought most of this on himself.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:03:18 by Batch » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:04:15 »

Its far from absurd, just highly improbable. There is no hard evidence to suggest it, but IF they did its not beyond the realms of possibility that the events that have unfolded are contrary to that agenda. Make working conditions tough, don't contact him or make him feel welcome, go on the Twitter charm offensive. Discredit Paolo.

Before you say it, there are as many or more reasons to counter that theory and FWIW:
I'm by no means saying it happened. I sincerely hope Jed is up front and genuine. I have not made my mind up on anything regardig Jed&co, he's been in the job 2 minutes. We wait and see on that front. Paolo most definitely brought most of this on himself.
But either scenario are equally likely as they are unlikely. It's absurd to pin the blame on Jed (or Paolo) when we're basing this on two entirely contradictory statements.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:05:40 »

But either scenario are equally likely as they are unlikely. It's absurd to pin the blame on Jed (or Paolo) when we're basing this on two entirely contradictory statements.

Oh I see, yes, I agree you can't blame anyone for anything. Its all as clear as mud and nobody except those involved directly know anything.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:06:55 »

Oh I see, yes, I agree you can't blame anyone for anything. Its all as clear as mud and nobody except those involved directly know anything.
Exactly.

Yet I've seen both on here on Twitter people claim that it's a gospel fact that Jed wanted Paolo out and subsequently forced him to quit. This is the bit that bothers me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:10:09 »

Exactly.

Yet I've seen both on here on Twitter people claim that it's a gospel fact that Jed wanted Paolo out and subsequently forced him to quit. This is the bit that bothers me.

I'd take it as opinion rather than genuine fact, I guess we all make them to some extent or another.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:14:11 »

I was about to find a few quotes where people are very adamant that Jed forcing Paolo out is a fact but then I realised that would be petty and pathetic. So I won't.

In a nutshell: I'm not inclined to believe or disbelieve either party as I get the feeling that there is a shitload more going on that will come out in the wash. Interesting times ahead for certain...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:15:10 »

I think it might simply be:
- The new owners would most likely want Paolo back on 'their' terms
- Paolo would appear to want to be back on 'his' terms

If 'his' and 'their' terms are one and the same then its a match made in heaven - But does anyone think it would be?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:17:19 »

I think it might simply be:
- The new owners would most likely want Paolo back on 'their' terms
- Paolo would appear to want to be back on 'his' terms

If 'his' and 'their' terms are one and the same then its a match made in heaven - But does anyone think it would be?

As far as I'm aware, one thing that has been undisputed was that an "agreement" was reached in the interim whereby the club's contractual liabilities were greatly reduced. If this constitutes an agreement on a contract, as would seem likely, then it's not impossible that terms can be agreed for a return.
Dazzza

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 15:38:55 »

It feels like Di Canio and Town have unfinished business.  Whatever has happened has happened and I would wager if the new board picked up the phone he would be back.  Even if it was just a temporary arrangement to finish the job until the end of the season it's a win win.

As things stand Di Canio's achievements will be forever overshadowed by the circumstances arround his departure and I have to just add the story about him collecting his belongings was pitiful.  Not sure if it was an official club story or an adver special but it was as childish as it was contradictary.  Worst of all was its timing.

Let the loon finish the job or fail for footballing reasons.  Can't see many managers working well under the shadow of one of the most crackpot and successful managers in our recent history.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 15:53:17 »

I mean bleating on about the manager walking out etc......anyone would think he had never done that himself......oh wait a sec...aint he fucking off now the going is getting tough as well.

Sorry but thats bollocks, Patey was employed by the old board to sell the club which he has done now, in what way is he now leaving as things have got tough.

I've got no time for Patey, but he did what he was asked to do in the timetable allowed, this trying to rewrite the facts to prove how Paolo has been let down by the club is getting bizarre.

The only people who have any right to feel let down here is the fans, as it is plainly apparent that Paolo's loyalty arguments were always only a one way street.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: