Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans demand answers from club's new owners  (Read 15514 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:26:04 »

He deserved so much better.  A move to Palace, or another club at that sort of level, was his in the summer if we didn't go up.  Personally, Matt has paid a high price...unless Bournemouth really fly from here.

Dead right.  Depending on what happens, he could end up being the real loser in this whole episode.

He's worth far more than a place on their sodding bench and being brought on as a left back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:36:07 »

I assumed the deal was done and di canio was informed by whoever from the board after they had sold him, not the player himself. Oh well missed that bit  on friday.I was at work and checking in and out of the tef

Here you go:

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10200873.Di_Canio_did_not_know_of_Ritchie_sale/

He said: “I had the news from Matt Ritchie at the moment that he was nearly to sign for Bournemouth, in this manner I received the news. I didn’t know anything before.

“Approximately it was at half past five, it was already there a few hours earlier. He only told me that he was there because someone told me to go there and sign the contract. Since that moment I have tried just to think how to move one step forwards in a positive way and the best way for this squad.

“Obviously it was news for me, nobody mentioned anything for me before I discovered the situation in this manner.

“I thought it was a joke but obviously it happened. I told him just for a second ‘are you joking? Let me see what’s happened’.

“It was clear straight away because he told me how it happened. I couldn’t say or couldn’t do anything. I realised that it was done, I told him good luck but I don’t want to speak any more about what’s happened because I still don’t completely understand what’s happened.

“We will see in the future and we will know exactly why one of the best players of this club was sold for this amount of money. He left for one of the best sides in this league, one of the best sides that will fight to win this league.”

And a "Don't go Di Canio" campaign:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10205123.Send_your_messages_to_Paolo/?ref=mmsp
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:39:14 by Batch » Logged
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:44:04 »

Gutted we let him go, 100% player which are rare these days, could have gone on to better things with us (if we were promoted). Such a shame.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:48:28 »

Dead right.  Depending on what happens, he could end up being the real loser in this whole episode.

He's worth far more than a place on their sodding bench and being brought on as a left back.

Dont agree folks.

He could have said no..........end of story.

No one forced him to go....he was under contract and no contract says you have to leave a club.
He has already stated that the Portsmouth debacle when he got sold was a reason why he decided to leave us.....so if he does become the big loser in this then that was his choice.....and his choice only.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:53:34 »

Dead right.  Depending on what happens, he could end up being the real loser in this whole episode.

Now he's stuck on a 3 and a half contract there. I don't doubt Bournemouth will end up in the championship in that period, but he deserves to be playing in his prime at a proper team in that division, one who'll get 17,000+ fans, not at one with even less than he's used to here! Now he'll have to wait at least 2 years for an opportunity like that when he should have been enjoying it next season at the latest or now if we had decided early enough we were going to sell him and sent messages of our intent around the Championship, instead of the last minute cash grab that went on.

Stuck with us through relegation while lesser players jumped ship and didn't want to leave this window but was forced out by circumstances. One player who always deserves a warm welcome back at the County Ground.

Got MotM on the Bournemouth forum for the game at MK, even though he only played 45 minutes and at LB!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 22:11:32 »

Now he's stuck on a 3 and a half contract there. I don't doubt Bournemouth will end up in the championship in that period, but he deserves to be playing in his prime at a proper team in that division, one who'll get 17,000+ fans, not at one with even less than he's used to here! Now he'll have to wait at least 2 years for an opportunity like that when he should have been enjoying it next season at the latest or now if we had decided early enough we were going to sell him and sent messages of our intent around the Championship, instead of the last minute cash grab that went on.

Stuck with us through relegation while lesser players jumped ship and didn't want to leave this window but was forced out by circumstances. One player who always deserves a warm welcome back at the County Ground.

Got MotM on the Bournemouth forum for the game at MK, even though he only played 45 minutes and at LB!
I agree no one has to sign another contract but I do feel sorry for him

He didn't want to leave his boyhood club Pompey but had to cos' of their financial situation.  He got his head down and got on with it here - and as you say showed loyalty when we got relegated - and now he pretty much has to leave again for similar reasons
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 22:28:37 »

Dont agree folks.

No one forced him to go....he was under contract and no contract says you have to leave a club.
He has already stated that the Portsmouth debacle when he got sold was a reason why he decided to leave us.....so if he does become the big loser in this then that was his choice.....and his choice only.

But if he's been told, look we have to sell you to cover costs between the takeovers, or else this whole thing is in jeapordy, I'd like to think he's done it for the good of STFC, much like he would've done it for the good of his boyhood club.

That probably isn't the case, I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to his interview. Genuinely gutted about him leaving.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 22:32:01 »

But if he's been told, look we have to sell you to cover costs between the takeovers, or else this whole thing is in jeapordy, I'd like to think he's done it for the good of STFC, much like he would've done it for the good of his boyhood club.

That probably isn't the case, I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to his interview. Genuinely gutted about him leaving.

So am i....just so you know i wasn't knocking him,been a good player for us and a good pro.

Just saying he could have said no.........and the club couldn't have forced him.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 22:33:15 »

Dont agree folks.

Nick Watkins to Matt Ritchie on deadline day...

"Now then Matt, we have an offer on the table from Bournemouth. You are of course under contract to STFC and are under no obligation to go if you don't want to. I should just point out though, that if you don't go, STFC, you and your team mates will be fucked. Ultimately its your decision though - no pressure".

You're quite right Leefer, he didn't have to go. Roll Eyes
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 22:35:50 »

Maybe the poor guy is a sign your club's going to have financial difficulties. He's been at 3 clubs now: Portsmouth: Admin. Swindon: Takeover that could be the end of our upward trajectory if not carefully done. Bournemouth: obviously spending beyond their means, so it's only a matter of time...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TO THOSE WHO SIGN MATT RITCHIE!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: