Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans demand answers from club's new owners  (Read 15513 times)
News Monkey

« on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 07:00:17 »

Fans demand answers from club's new owners

TRUST STFC have issued four questions they would like to see answered by the prospective new owners of Swindon Town, in the wake of manager Paolo Di Canio’s statement on Friday.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10203633.Fans_demand_answers_from_club_s_new_owners/?ref=rss

Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 07:12:36 »

I'm all for the trust but should they not be encouraging patience form the fans rather than asking for immediate clarification. They should be aware of what an NDA is.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 07:54:36 »

I'm all for the trust but should they not be encouraging patience form the fans rather than asking for immediate clarification. They should be aware of what an NDA is.

They probably don't understand what NDA  means.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 07:59:13 »

Can some one just remind me what happened when Fitton & Co took over? I remember it being announced that the deal was complete then I'm sure it went pretty quiet until the FL approved it. i.e not much different to this time. Is that the case? My memory is a little cloudy on that one.

Edit: Just had a look at the questions and they're fairly stupid in all honesty.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:03:59 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:35:18 »

They probably don't understand what NDA  means.
Think it's people on here that don't understand what NDA means - an NDA isn't a gagging order or a superinjunction, it just prevents two parties to a proposed business transaction revealing details of that transaction publicly. If the new owners are choosing to interpret it more broadly, OK, that's fair enough and they're entitled to be cautious if they're worried about scuppering a deal if they say anything at all, that's their prerogative.

But it still seems to me to be perfectly reasonable for a fans' organisation to articulate the very real concerns that very many fans have around this process - as has been amply demonstrated by the pages and pages of guff generated on here alone! I'd be rather more concerned if the Trust weren't speaking up at a time like this. And if the new owners choose not to answer right now, fair enough, doesn't mean people aren't asking those questions anyway and that they shouldn't find a more public voice. Does it help the new owners to think that people aren't concerned?

There seems to be a very great appetite for "Sit down, shut up, don't ask" toward both fans and press from some on here lately which I find extremely curious. Bob Holt would have loved to have had some of you guys on board.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:36:57 »

They probably don't understand what NDA  means.
Is it a gangsta-rap group like NWA ?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:38:19 »

Is it a gangsta-rap group like NWA ?
Straight outta Compton (Bassett) Cheesy
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:51:42 »

There seems to be a very great appetite for "Sit down, shut up, don't ask" toward both fans and press from some on here lately which I find extremely curious. Bob Holt would have loved to have had some of you guys on board.

+1

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:53:35 »

Paul - that's not quite what an NDA is but I get your point

We work with NDA's all the time in my business and its accepted that if the two parties (or more than two parties) agree that nothing will be talked about until such a time, then that's what happens

If either party breaks that silence in any form, the NDA is worthless and the 'deal' breaks down through lack of trust

I think it's perfectly reasonable (although frustrating for us) that there has been absolute silence - I would be more worried if any of the people involved were openly talking - whether it be about the actual nuts and bolts of the deal, or anything else relevant

Wise men say........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:55:17 »

If anything it gives the new owners a heads up as to what to answer first, and gives them time to consider how best to answer it. Better for them than being bombarded on the hop at a fans meeting.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 08:56:44 »

We work with NDA's all the time in my business and its accepted that if the two parties (or more than two parties) agree that nothing will be talked about until such a time, then that's what happens

So do we, and what is covered by the NDA is whatever is in the NDA documentation! But its not a defacto blackout.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:07:32 »

So Paul - what questions can they seriously expect answers to or perhaps should reasonably expect to get answers to at this moment in time?

Secondly, can you remind me what happened last time between the takeover being completed and it being approved by the FL (this is when Fitton & Co took over). Did the new consortium make any statement during this time? I honestly cannot remember.
DRS

« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:20:12 »

Our board are notorious for making people stay silent,they put it in contracts.Wilson being a prime exampke.
kerry red

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:25:01 »

There really is only one question:

Is PdC staying?

If yes, everything else is irrelevant as the club would have convinced Paolo their vision is the same his
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:26:25 »

So Paul - what questions can they seriously expect answers to or perhaps should reasonably expect to get answers to at this moment in time?

Secondly, can you remind me what happened last time between the takeover being completed and it being approved by the FL (this is when Fitton & Co took over). Did the new consortium make any statement during this time? I honestly cannot remember.

He took over 21st Dec 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7155257.stm

And main backers weren't revealed until FL approval in Jan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7183623.stm

It was quiet in the meantime iirc, but the difference is as can be seen from the first link during the takeover Fitton and Wray kept open dialogue with press. There wasn't complete silence
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:28:05 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: