Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio praises Spencer role  (Read 13947 times)
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 14:52:39 »

If someone came along with a sack of cash and the intention, they could buy the CG and build a new ground easily enough. Similarly if someone wanted to build a new facility elsewhere, had the cash, it could be done.

Wherever we bought land the council would hav to approve whatever we had planned and I'd imagine they would flatly refuse. Why grant planning permission for something that is going to result in a loss of income for the tax payer. That's why so many clubs that hav done this have moved outside the council boundaries.  Our best chance is to work with the council , they would be open to anything that made the club more sustainable and increase revenues both for the club and the council. What is needed is a long term lease.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 14:58:58 »

Wherever we bought land the council would hav to approve whatever we had planned and I'd imagine they would flatly refuse. Why grant planning permission for something that is going to result in a loss of income for the tax payer. That's why so many clubs that hav done this have moved outside the council boundaries.  Our best chance is to work with the council , they would be open to anything that made the club more sustainable and increase revenues both for the club and the council. What is needed is a long term lease.

You'd imagine wrongly then, all planning apps have to be treated on their merits, according to the planning guidelines.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 15:49:36 »

You'd imagine wrongly then, all planning apps have to be treated on their merits, according to the planning guidelines.

Just like the Honda wind turbines then. The planning comitee gave its approval and the council refused it. Yes they are all taken on an individual basis but the vision of us owning our own stadium within this councils boundaries are pie in the sky.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 28, 2013, 20:17:49 »

[url width=250 height=306]http://blog.acornonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Pie-in-the-Sky-Series-3-no3.jpg[/url]

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: