Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town's FA Cup date with Wigan set to draw huge crowd  (Read 17010 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 19:16:12 »

What a sell out does say, Is "build it, and they will come".
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 19:22:48 »

Must show the board what happens when ticket prices get lowered. Not the must attracted tie. Yes its Premier League at home, but I think the ticket prices had a huge influence.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 19:37:56 »

I can see that too...but, for me, the stronger, more important argument is that competition is devalued if you're able wade in and skew it with a cheque book.  All teams are guilty to a greater or lesser degree...but you have to draw the line somewhere.  While they all operate at different levels, I dislike Wigan, Man City and Crawley for precisely the same reason.

but anyone who thinks their club can get to the premiership and sustain their place without a significant backer is deluded, what Wigan have done could have been any club with a wealthy backer....its just a lucky dip. There are very few clubs that make a profit these days...

You say its devalues football but football was devalued years ago, probably when blackburn won the premier league...

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
fatbasher

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 19:40:08 »

I can see that too...but, for me, the stronger, more important argument is that competition is devalued if you're able wade in and skew it with a cheque book.  All teams are guilty to a greater or lesser degree...but you have to draw the line somewhere.  While they all operate at different levels, I dislike Wigan, Man City and Crawley for precisely the same reason.

ou can add Chelski & Ethnicburn to that too.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 19:49:10 »

What are Wigan ticket sales like, technically it cannot be a sell out unless they have sold their allocation as well
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 19:52:16 »

But Reg is rght, they ARE 3 divisions higher than us, have higher crowds than us and have been in the Premier League longer than we ever were, so technically that makes them bigger than us.

Dont agree...Bradford will say they are bigger than us?....in fact technically they are not but in reality they are one of the biggest clubs outside the Championship.
Wigan are small fish swimming in a big pool.....not technically but for sure in reality.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 20:06:01 »

What are Wigan ticket sales like, technically it cannot be a sell out unless they have sold their allocation as well

Around 500. To be specific it should state sell out for home fans.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 20:09:27 »

but anyone who thinks their club can get to the premiership and sustain their place without a significant backer is deluded, what Wigan have done could have been any club with a wealthy backer....its just a lucky dip. There are very few clubs that make a profit these days...

You say its devalues football but football was devalued years ago, probably when blackburn won the premier league...

Norwich and Swansea seem to be doing ok at the mo without spending too much. Jury is out on those two really until next season, so many promoted teams seem to do fine the first season and it unravels in the second

Anyhow fuck the Premier League, this game's about us and a great chance to see how good our side is
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 20:10:59 by stfcinbmth » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 20:13:24 »

when i collected stratton bank tickets today at lunch they said that there are no 2 seats together left for the other stands. so technically it will never be a sell out unless people started buying on their own. should be a playoff atmosphere cant wait
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 21:02:26 »

when i collected stratton bank tickets today at lunch they said that there are no 2 seats together left for the other stands. so technically it will never be a sell out unless people started buying on their own. should be a playoff atmosphere cant wait

all the tickets have now been sold, that was the case for the other stands yesterday i believe. All home tickets have now been sold
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 21:05:00 »

When was the last proper sell out? was it the Charlton playoff game, I can't remember if that was a sell out or not.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 21:09:35 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8673059.stm

13,560....so no not a sell out but fairly close.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 21:11:24 »

Really? When was the last sell out then. Quite impressive that potentially we could have more for this game than the playoffs semis.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 21:13:19 »

I think with certain games segregation of fans may cut the full capacity?....Wigan will be close to capacity i reckon.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 21:16:49 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8450995.stm

Looks like this one...crowds at bottom of link.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: