Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wray will act fast to appoint permanent boss  (Read 10403 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 19:43:15 »

To be fair to Gorman he had us playing decent football, with a bit of luck and Fjortoft firing from the start of the season we could have done better in the PL and then Kevin Morris' death had a major impact on the club the following season.

Don't think McMahon was that bad either, sure he got us relegated but he got us straight back up again.

Lumping them both in with Malpas is a tad distorted.

I'd like to see us going back to a player-manager as it worked well in the past, though admittedly it's a lot harder getting anyone of the class of Hoddle, Ardiles, Macari (and even McMahon) to do that nowadays.

With Gorman he was just painfully out of his depth.  The performances the following season proved this.  He seemed like a really decent bloke.

Part of the McMahon dislike is his personality, but also he did take us away from the good football we played under Ossie, Hoddle and to a lesser extent Gorman.  As has been mentioned his treatment of Rowland, Taylor and (especially) Trollope was appalling.  Chris Hay was never the same after he'd finished with him, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 20:09:44 »

Agreed, but at least he got results (sort of) which is something and makes the rest of it slightly forgivable. Plus he was pretty pleasant when I talked to him at a shareholders meeting, though I guess he was on his best behaviour.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: