Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Swindon accept Baggies' Cox offer  (Read 17415 times)
News Monkey

« on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 17:00:11 »

Swindon accept Baggies' Cox offer

Swindon Town accept an offer from West Bromwich Albion for striker Simon Cox.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/8124817.stm
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 17:29:16 »

Boo.

/
W56196272
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 19:18:33 »

You sir are a cock.  Now fuck off back to thisis.

Never knowingly overstated.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 19:18:46 »

Relegation here we come , you mark my words for it !!! , The best striker we ve had in years is going , Just the TWO mediocre signings we ve made so far , compared to other teams in our league . Yeah , still early days , but i bet anymore signings we make are unheard of average-poor players that we normally sign year after year !!. Plus the other two players we were chasing have turned their backs on us !! , Tudor Jones & Robinson . How many more will do the same i wonder ? . Three year plan for us to get to the championship ?? , more like 13 years !! . This club cant attract anyone decent !! . I expect to get slated for this , but there is little over a month left to go , and pre season has started with basically just ONE new face !!! . We need the team to gel now and learn how each other play etc , not days before the kickoff !! . Dont think we have learned from last season !! . Say/think what you like , but mark my word in six months time when we are under achieving and struggling as always with the same shite players as last season then you will know what i mean ! , Dont have any faith for next season , hope im wrong ! ... but i think it will be another struggle !! . Even Fitton isnt willing to go into details about the fee for Cox ! , same old shite , board keeping us in the dark !! .

It was the board that paid for him, if they don't want to let us know the exact amount West Brom paid so what? They've pumped quite a few quid into the club already, a club that is still operating at a loss, that loss being countered by the boards own money.

Have a look at the other clubs in our league and, with a few obvious exceptions, they are all in the same boat as us. The only difference being we just got a cash windfall.

Cox was awesome, but he wanted to go.

Last season was pretty poor, but look at the results towards the end, once DW had made his mark. The players performed for him and will again this season, with a few new faces thrown in. I'm still optimistic we'll have a decent season, but to me that means a top half finish.

I'll stay optimistic.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 19:21:39 »

Relegation here we come , you mark my words for it !!! , The best striker we ve had in years is going , Just the TWO mediocre signings we ve made so far , compared to other teams in our league . Yeah , still early days , but i bet anymore signings we make are unheard of average-poor players that we normally sign year after year !!. Plus the other two players we were chasing have turned their backs on us !! , Tudor Jones & Robinson . How many more will do the same i wonder ? . Three year plan for us to get to the championship ?? , more like 13 years !! . This club cant attract anyone decent !! . I expect to get slated for this , but there is little over a month left to go , and pre season has started with basically just ONE new face !!! . We need the team to gel now and learn how each other play etc , not days before the kickoff !! . Dont think we have learned from last season !! . Say/think what you like , but mark my word in six months time when we are under achieving and struggling as always with the same shite players as last season then you will know what i mean ! , Dont have any faith for next season , hope im wrong ! ... but i think it will be another struggle !! . Even Fitton isnt willing to go into details about the fee for Cox ! , same old shite , board keeping us in the dark !! .

Hi Looneyboy. Talk about going OTT. I'm sure you're frustrated at the lack of signings like we all are. I for one am also concerned that we could end up with similar players to ones we had last year and struggle. But that doesn't mean to say we will. At least we have a better management/coaching team. We've shown enough ambition in the transfer market with offers but sadly other teams who have more financial clout than us have also been chasing the players we want or at least wanted.

I'd imagine Fitton will give us a bit more info when the deal is actually done. Besides I still don't see where you are coming from there as we already know it's between 2-2.5 million.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 19:36:12 »

complete load of bollocks, most clubs have made the same number or fewer signings.

League 1 transfers always have to wait for money to be spent in the Championship and Prem in order for the clubs at those higher levels to identify players they can allow to move on.

We had to let Cox go, you can act like a spoiled kid and throw those toys about regarding this all you like but the whole point of signing a player of cox's calibre and potential is so that we can make money selling him - we were told this from day one.

The board have been quoted today in the adver that they are awaiting news on bids they have made for players but this just doesn't register with some people.

There are people moaning about Robson going to Carlisle but when Wilson first mentioned him he said that he wasn't his first choice anyway and wasn't sure he could progress beyond his current level - if that's the kind of player Carlisle want then let them, they'll be sitting below us in the table all of next season I think.

Southampton are deep in the shit, and with a point penalty to start with, they can't sighn players because they can't even pay there own at the moment.

Why do you people bother following football?  The percentage of fans that actually get to taste success is really quite low so why put yourself through it if you aren't prepared to be patient?
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 19:36:26 »

That's what i enjoy most about pre-season, all that positive energy in excitement for the coming season. You can't beat it i tell ya.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:11:56 »

To be honest, a bit of pressure to sign a few players isnt a bad thing right now.

We do need to get on with it, unearth some gems.

Squad as it stands (with Cox gone) is relegation material.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:14:51 »

Our board are far more richer than Huddersfields !! , so why arn t they willing to match or go a bit higher to gain a better quality player than we normally get then Huh? . They go on about wanting championship football !! but are not willing to pay better wages to get better quality players to get up the league !! . As i said , come december all you prawn salad munching scarfers will be argueing and bitching amongst yourselves as always about how under par we are performing etc !! , how we should of got some decent players in the summer etc , and i ll come on here and say , ' hey , told you so !! ' .

Because we used to do that and it fucked us up financially. I love our board. Sadly some idiots can't grasp the fact the club is in the best health it's been for years. I think you'll also find we matched both Norwich's and Hudderfield's offers for Robinson and OTJ. It's not as if we're going for freebies. Those 2 clubs gets 5 figure crowds. We don't. So we can't afford them sort of wages. It's reality.

You're either on a wind up or you really are one from the special This Is breed. In any event congratulations. You must be proud.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:27:25 »

May i ask who you would sign.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:28:31 »

May i ask who you would sign.

I've heard Michael Owen is on his way.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:28:35 »

What's wrong with prawn salad ? it's yum with thousand island dressing,oh and by the way chill out there's plenty of time to sign the right player's,you dont know whats going on behind the scenes nobody does so just chill,we still have plenty of time to bring the right player's in.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:32:16 »

The Board are making a massive profit on a player they signed for £200k 18 months ago. They've only given permission for WBA to speak to Cox and have stated it'll have to wait for a new manager. Sound to me like they're talking it up and inviting others to join the race.
They've tried to land players for reasonable fees but they've lost out. Its still early days and we aren't so desperate we need to sepnd silly money. Be patient.
We've got Adidas doing our kit and 442 and EA Sports as sponsors.
After the shit we've had on and off the pitch for years, I'm optimistic this season. My expectation is mid table, possibly a Cup run but putting the building blocks in place for 10/11.
The owners made it clear from Day 1 that we would get the club we can afford - thats what we're getting. No problems for me on that score.  
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:46:47 »

Again,who would you sign
Barry Scott

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 20:52:45 »

He wouldn't. It's like bart. Light the fire and walk away. It's called unreasonable expectations and pessimism. There's never a winner in that battle.

Quote from: Mother Theresa
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: