Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January Window - expectations, hopes and fears  (Read 4428 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:44:17 »

Tbf, what do you expect him to say. Keeping schtum is what everybody does, or should do, when it comes to transfers.

Looks like Flynn might have finally heeded this advice. How many times were we on the verge of signing someone before being outbid last minute.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:47:18 »

Or quiet because he came half way across the world to sort a sale out. The best present we can hope for in 2024.

We can but live in hope. Not sure how easy that is when about 7 people seem to ‘own’ the club. Starting 2024 with new owners with connections to the current regime would be ideal.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 13:06:21 »

Ok, for what it's worth. Here goes.
Flynn mentioned the spine of the team so I'd expect an injection of nasty at CB, in midfield & up front.

Ward is fine so not too fussed about the guest keeper slot being filled, although it probably will be.

Then a case of replacing the escapees.
Don't necessarily have to be same or better than in quality, just capable of doing what the manager says, carrying out the basics and slotting in as part of a team.

The new whole is greater than the sum of it's parts outfit will then storm through the second half of the season to finish in the autos.

I also have a feeling based on not very much that Clem will splash the cash.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 15:28:14 »

But Flynn has repeatedly said he doesn't want a big, meaty,nasty centre half🤷‍♂️

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 15:49:40 »

But Flynn has repeatedly said he doesn't want a big, meaty,nasty centre half🤷‍♂️

Didn’t he try and sign Edwards, he’s a bit of a unit
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 09:08:04 »

Bad Window
Brann as backup for the rest of the season
Kemp, Young, Mahoney all gone
Hutton and Khan go and not adequately replaced. Maybe RHM and Kokolo go too.
Overall squad numbers comparable to current side, maybe plus one or two

Basically ending where we started numbers wise but without Kemp and Young. We'd be very poor and the Beamish Line would be well in play.

I guess my actual expectations are somewhere in between? New keeper in, maybe Wakeling back as that makes a lot of sense, hopefully at least use all 5 loan spots this time.

I didn't do "disastrous window" but it's er, trending below my bad window, isn't it?

Brann as backup for the rest of the season - Try Redman Evans
Kemp, Young, Mahoney all gone - All gone, plus B Ward
Hutton and Khan go and not adequately replaced. Maybe RHM and Kokolo go too. Hutton gone, surprise Kinsella departure, Minturn and Khan both linked away. Replacements unproven at best, non existent at worst
Overall squad numbers comparable to current side, maybe plus one or two Currently -1 on overall squad size if you include Aguiar's recall, -2 if not (Out: Mahoney/L Ward/B Ward/Hutton/Kemp/Kinsella/Young In: Bycroft, McCarthy, Johnson, Aguiar sort of, Devoy, Glatzel)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: