Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24280 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:28:18 »

indistinctly average
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:28:21 »

First half an hour (till about a minute before we scored) it was a case of Tranmere playing football to win the game and us playing football to look good.

So many passes between Brennan, Harries and FBT. So pointless.

We started playing a bit quicker and actually going forward and we scored and had a few chances.
Everything is coming through Hutton though, he’s doing well but we need another outlet.

Iandolo has offered absolutely nothing left hand side. Only a matter of time before Tranmere double up on Hutton and just leave our left hand side.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:28:29 »

Mixed half. We're probably lucky to be level, but also feel like the more likely side to go on to win this game, oddly. Of our team, I'm not sure anyone other than Hutton and the forwards had a good half exactly, but we've grown into the game a bit after the first 20 minutes which was the same abject performance as last week.

I'm not sure the formation is working. The defensive shape was all wrong for the first goal, and it's not helping our attacking play either - essentially every time we get the ball, there are five or six passes between the centre backs and then a long ball forward in the hope of Hutton doing something magic - which, on a couple of occasions, he has. I do think Reed would be helpful here, he's very good at picking up possession from the defence.

Because most of our attacking play is going down the right, Iandolo has been anonymous and the three central midfielders haven't seen much of the ball either, which is a shame as on paper that's where our quality is.

I'd like to see Reed on for Iandolo to sit in front of the defence with FBT to an orthodox LB. Or even Iandolo just moving there, he's perfectly capable. Linking up our midfield with the other two parts of our game is the key thing for me.

Tranmere look okay, but realistically this should be a winnable game but we need to raise the level of our play.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:40:52 »

First half an hour (till about a minute before we scored) it was a case of Tranmere playing football to win the game and us playing football to look good.

So many passes between Brennan, Harries and FBT. So pointless.

We started playing a bit quicker and actually going forward and we scored and had a few chances.
Everything is coming through Hutton though, he’s doing well but we need another outlet.

Iandolo has offered absolutely nothing left hand side. Only a matter of time before Tranmere double up on Hutton and just leave our left hand side.
Absolutely, Iandolo may as well not be on the pitch at the moment, hopefully he will improve 2nd half, Hutton easily our best player so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:43:22 »

I do think Reed would be helpful here, he's very good at picking up possession from the defence.

Because most of our attacking play is going down the right, Iandolo has been anonymous and the three central midfielders haven't seen much of the ball either, which is a shame as on paper that's where our quality is.

I'd like to see Reed on for Iandolo to sit in front of the defence with FBT to an orthodox LB. Or even Iandolo just moving there, he's perfectly capable. Linking up our midfield with the other two parts of our game is the key thing for me.

Tranmere look okay, but realistically this should be a winnable game but we need to raise the level of our play.
Agree with all of that except I truly dont think Iandolo is a capable LB, if hes playing I would rather he focussed on the attacking side, which today has been woefully lacking.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:44:35 »

Hutton a great long ball to Gladwin but he just misscontrols it just outside the box, nice pass.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:45:16 »

Hutton and then Iandolo both putting good crosses into the box.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:45:56 »

Tranny have a shot from wide and its way over the bar.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:46:38 »

Agree with all of that except I truly dont think Iandolo is a capable LB, if hes playing I would rather he focussed on the attacking side, which today has been woefully lacking.

Oh yeah that wasn't clear, I meant Iandolo moving to the DM role in a 4-1-3-2 or something like it. Not LB.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:47:02 »

Darcy with a shot from 20 yards thats blocked, good chance for Town.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:47:20 »

Oh yeah that wasn't clear, I meant Iandolo moving to the DM role in a 4-1-3-2 or something like it. Not LB.
Ah then I fully agree Smiley

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:47:41 »

Mansfield game seems a lifetime away
Peter Venkman

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:48:42 »

Att: 9,425 (317 Trannies).

Peter Venkman

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:49:20 »

Mansfield game seems a lifetime away
It does, on the 1st half performance anyway, been better this half so far.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 15:50:35 »

FBT does great to win the ball in defence and then proceeds to give the ball straight back to them and puts us under pressure.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: