Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham is your mother  (Read 7360 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 18:37:52 »

There is no malice in the rivalry. But it is there. We need fans from the Gloucester/Stroud area and our record against them at Whaddon road is an embaressment.
I live in Stroud. Know loads of Cheltenham fans who always talk about us like rivals. I just laugh.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 18:40:58 »

The real reason for losing was that I was with my dad in Scotland and when my dad is in Scotland and Swindon are playing, we NEVER win.

So sorry about that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 18:47:58 »

That's about it.....results driven business these days...Lou Macari, had a season to sort things out, before building a side capable of winning Div 4...di Canio will get a lot less.
I recall that Town's record points haul for the 4th tier (100 points +) under Macari in his second season saw 5 points earned from the first 8 games.

The pressure may be on earlier these days but results still come at the end of the season and not in the first 8 games let alone the first 2 or 3.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 18:53:31 »

I live in Stroud. Know loads of Cheltenham fans who always talk about us like rivals. I just laugh.

You been to the Saturday market in Stroud recently Fola?...is it still a decent market worth visiting as i was thinking of popping along one Saturday morn.
Coca Fola

« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:00:25 »

You been to the Saturday market in Stroud recently Fola?...is it still a decent market worth visiting as i was thinking of popping along one Saturday morn.
Yeah the farmers market is good for local organic goods. Best in the country a couple of years back. I haven't been for about a year though so don't know what its like now. I can't imagine its got any worse though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:08:03 »

Cheers,will give it a bash soon.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:09:03 »

Cheers,will give it a bash soon.

Too much information Leefer. Keep your wanking habits to yourself!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:09:32 »

Best of all is they sell beer for £1.99 a pint
Spencer_White

« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:10:17 »

If they are taking fans off us in our area then for me they are rivals.

I sometimes think that if we had fronted up to Reading a bit more then there would be less of the saddo's wearing their Reading kits around the Town. We declared them non rivals so these people dont see the shame in it.
Coca Fola

« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:12:15 »

If they are taking fans off us in our area then for me they are rivals.

I sometimes think that if we had fronted up to Reading a bit more then there would be less of the saddo's wearing their Reading kits around the Town. We declared them non rivals so these people dont see the shame in it.
Stroud seems to be an even split between us and the 2 Bristol teams. There aren't many Cheltenham fans around here tbf. Also know quite a few Villa fans in the Stroud area.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:12:54 »

Too much information Leefer. Keep your wanking habits to yourself!

Embarrassed Embarrassed

Spencer_White

« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:16:03 »

Premiership teams take fans off everyone. Weve got the direct train line to and from Stroud which should mark it down as an STFC area.
Coca Fola

« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:17:36 »

We do have healthy representation here. Always loads catching the train on a Sat.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 19:26:49 »

I'm from Stroud, and I can't remember seeing anyone in a Cheltenham shirt.Usually Bristol City, a few FGR ,or the usual premier league teams.We do have quite a healthy number of Town fans in Stroud albeit not quite as many as there used to be in the late 60's, to mid 70's.
Ctfc Robin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:15:31 »

It's always a bit sad when a rivalry is one sided...  Reminds of Gills fans.

Enjoy your relegation battle Cheltnumb.
Hope you enjoy yours. There was nout sat suggesting you will be up the top at end of the season. All clubs bring in loads of signings we have had ten who need to settle. Trouble is some of your fans are like Bradfords  been in the premiership and think there to good for this division. But bradford have struggled to get out of the bottom ten for two years .Yes you have a bit of history but you are where you are because it's where you deserve to be like when you got to play off final you was there because you deserved to be there. We are a small club but we have been in the football league 11 years and spent four of them in league 1. every year the bookies right us of last season we was in play offs until exmas but it proved you need battlers and we had good football players who got bullied of the ball and we went on one mighty slide. this season we have mixed it up with a bit of talent and a bit of hard working players because teams like you we are not going to play off the park we just need to dig in and grind a result out and we did. We won't go down or up but mid table will be our aim.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: