Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Pride  (Read 20404 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 18:43:11 »

Exactly. The rules for adoption are pretty strict anyway, if they pass all the tests then good luck to them.

I think homosexual couples are less likely to push their sexual preference on a child than straight couples.

Less likely to split up

FACT
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 18:50:06 »

So at what stage do we stop indulging this minority then? There are always consequences to things and I personally beleive one of the consequences of being gay is that you don't have kids. Allowing adoption is a step much too far. What next?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 18:55:22 »

So at what stage do we stop indulging this minority then? There are always consequences to things and I personally beleive one of the consequences of being gay is that you don't have kids. Allowing adoption is a step much too far. What next?

Out of interest where do you stand on single parent adoption?

/
W56196272
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 19:02:31 »

Exactly. The rules for adoption are pretty strict anyway, if they pass all the tests then good luck to them.

They are strict for a reason. As I have said before (and I'll repeat again if anybody missed it) the whole adoption process is geared around the child/children that are being adopted, and the process is not designed to meet the 'needs' of adoptive parents, whatever their circumstances. So long as you don't have any 'history', there is nothing stopping a same sex couple adopting as there is a hetero couple.
Lumps

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 19:09:38 »

Just one thing. Where the fuck does it say that anyone has the right for the law to protect them from being "uncomfortable" with other people's sex lives?

The answer's nowhere.
flammableBen

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 19:12:59 »

Why though? If a gay couple can make good parents then why construct a extra consequence? They can't have their own kids, well not until they make a breakthrough in Embriotic Genetic thingies anyway, but you're making up that they can't have and look after kids which aren't biologically both theirs from your own head.

Lumps

« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 19:31:33 »

Of all the gay people I've known I think about half of them have had kids through some method or another.
dell boy

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 19:35:29 »

I might be just too old to understand how a gay couple should be allowed to adopt a child, it can not be the best environment for the child. Now that might be old speech, I really don't know.
The gay parents might be the best thing since sliced bread, caring, loving etc and of course they have their rights to adopt.
But where does this leave the child, he/she accepts the situation as normal, well it is not normal?
I know only two gay couples who have adopted a child, and those children have gone through hell at school.
So in my opinion and I understand if any or all disagree, we think to much about the rights of the parents and not enough on the knock on mental health of the child in later life.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 19:39:38 »

Of all the gay people I've known I think about half of them have had kids through some method or another.

Geezer at works dad waited until he was 21 before he made it public knowledge he was batting for the other side, split up with his mum and fucked off to London with his boyfriends. She ended up moving to Australia last year because of it.

On the subject of gay adoption, I think its wrong because it just undermines the natural order of the family unit and replaces it with an "anything goes" approach which ultimately, is detrimental the children.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 20:10:15 »

One of my very best friends has 5 kids ranging from 25 down to 14, 2 boys 3 girls, all the same father.
She always knew she ws gay though, she is now married again to a woman, who she has been with for years.
There is nothing wrong with her lot, the oldest boy lives with his girlfriend and children and is in the army. Her oldest daughter has her own child now is also in the army n lives with her boyfriend.
One of the girls is herself a lesbian, although my friend had serious talks with her about it to make sure she wasnt  following trend as it were.
The two youngest are still at school and have a mountian of friends. They have all had shit at school at times but have been comfortable enough to come home, talk to thier mum about it and its now like water off a ducks back.

I dont see there to be a problem at all, id much rather see a happy child with 2 dads than a child thats neglected by his drunken mother n father.

Fred - by "out n proud" do you mean slobbering all over each other and stuff? If thats the case i can kinda see what you mean but in the same breath you get straight couples doing it in parks on any summers day which is just as disturbing when im walking with Gianluca...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 20:36:04 »

Fred - by "out n proud" do you mean slobbering all over each other and stuff? If thats the case i can kinda see what you mean but in the same breath you get straight couples doing it in parks on any summers day which is just as disturbing when im walking with Gianluca...

Open shows of affection are great........hell I do it all the time

There just seems to be this attitude of "I am out and I am proud and I damn the hell are going to let the whole world know about it"

Not needed
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 20:40:34 »

Maybe i should try it before i knock it Cheesy
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 20:44:34 »

Out of interest where do you stand on single parent adoption?

I'm against it. The family unit is the best environment to raise children. Irresponsibility and taking away boundaries has left us with a lot of the social problems we have today. Irresponsible adults breeding generations of irresponsible children.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 20:45:12 »

There just seems to be this attitude of "I am out and I am proud and I damn the hell are going to let the whole world know about it"

Not needed

I dont get what you mean?

Do you mean dressing like a Red Indian,Police Man or Construction Worker?

Having a Limp Wrist,Skipping and Screaming alot?

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 20:46:08 »

I'm against it. The family unit is the best environment to raise children. Irresponsibility and taking away boundaries has left us with a lot of the social problems we have today. Irresponsible adults breeding generations of irresponsible children.

So a child is better in care than with 1 loving parent?

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: